Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AMS Turbos... 5 months and counting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Hylndr

Hylndr

Stock

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 28-October 17

Sure wish i had been told 5 months ago the real severity of the backorder situation  ; (     

Here i thought i was well ahead of ensuring i'd have my car back for spring  :( now I'm even concerned for the summer.  Am i the only one that prefers to know the real story rather than what i may want to hear as a customer?  Swallowed the hook, now getting drug behind the boat.

<8^/  dunce cap for me and I am a huge AMS fan.  Guess the YouTuber's with 10 million followers get first service?

Edited by Hylndr, 26 April 2021 - 03:22 PM.

• Tim likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,125 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York
Sorry to hear. Don’t ask me about AMS......

FYI lots of guys on Heritage and Life have had horrible issues with them over the years, they just chose not to air it out.

Edited by droptopp, 27 April 2021 - 11:24 AM.

• Tim likes this
Cicio Performance billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, Zenith R turbos, Cicio wet sump oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid, down pipe, race FMIC, STM titanium axle back, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears, DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : more AMS motors than anyone I know - Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,905 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

There is a sign at AMS that says parts arriving next week. I wouldn’t know who gave that to them  :P

‘’It’s a common problem in the industry 

Hylndr

Hylndr

Stock

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 28-October 17
I get it completely that every part of the chain is impacted by the Covid landscape we live in. What I can’t understand at all is giving artificial availability dates or not warning someone that it’s a best guess only and may be delayed by 3x what we’re saying. How hard would it be to send updates instead of complete silence even after time elapsed is double the estimate?! Seems this industry believes a “pissed off customer” is better than “no customer”. I’m on record as saying that is bad bad business. PS- I’m also willing to bet that when parts get scarce they service favorite customers first and keep bumping the onesie-twosie customer to the back of the line. Also deplorable

Edited by Hylndr, 27 April 2021 - 01:57 PM.

• Tim and droptopp like this

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

Its a a common thing in the tuning industry, its important that they get the order. I have been lied many times by many people and now don't have the nerves for more Tuning.

greetings,

Robert

GtRcHaRgEr

GtRcHaRgEr

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 11-January 13

Sure wish i had been told 5 months ago the real severity of the backorder situation  ; (     

Here i thought i was well ahead of ensuring i'd have my car back for spring  :( now I'm even concerned for the summer.  Am i the only one that prefers to know the real story rather than what i may want to hear as a customer?  Swallowed the hook, now getting drug behind the boat.

<8^/  dunce cap for me and I am a huge AMS fan.  Guess the YouTuber's with 10 million followers get first service?

I was told its 6-8 weeks on a turbo kit. That would put me at july half way into the summer. May just run the turbo setup I currently have and not wait it out and miss summer again. 

09 Black on Black Premium....... CP 4.4 Stroked Zenith R  Powered CP Tuned!

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,125 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York
^smart move. May not be perfect, but it’s better to have the car and be able to use it.

Lol trust me … you’ll end up buying something else then not have enough garage and driveway space.

Edit : Why not checking in with Cicio/Jan and see if they have a set of Xenith R available ? All in these bad mf’ers put down 1700+ so you can turn it up down the road should you want/need.

Edited by droptopp, 30 April 2021 - 08:36 AM.

• Tim likes this
Cicio Performance billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, Zenith R turbos, Cicio wet sump oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid, down pipe, race FMIC, STM titanium axle back, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears, DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : more AMS motors than anyone I know - Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,905 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

^smart move. May not be perfect, but it’s better to have the car and be able to use it.

Lol trust me … you’ll end up buying something else then not have enough garage and driveway space.

Edit : Why not checking in with Cicio/Jan and see if they have a set of Xenith R available ? All in these bad mf’ers put down 1700+ so you can turn it up down the road should you want/need.

Turn down for what  ;)

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,125 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York
^^ +100000
  • Tim likes this

GtRcHaRgEr

GtRcHaRgEr

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 11-January 13

I already spoke with Jan and I'm on the list should be here within 5 weeks or so putting it at early june. So that would work with my timeline. 

• droptopp likes this

09 Black on Black Premium....... CP 4.4 Stroked Zenith R  Powered CP Tuned!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users