Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suspension Choices Poll

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Suspension choices poll

which one is for you and why? Share your experiences.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

With so many choices for suspension, which would you choose and why. which brands have you tried if you have thus far.

Did you choose your product for, comfort, image, race, spirited driving, drag, etc?

Which brands do you want to try eventually?

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

reserved

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,113 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I had JRZ's on for awhile,but car went faster with stock in1/4 so i switched back.Hopeing somebody comes out with a dedicated drag set up.

• ian.r likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

I remember SP Engineering and MOTO IQ setting up suspension using KW clubsports and other suspension components for an even faster pull. details in the link.

http://www.motoiq.co...ven-Faster.aspx

not sure what AMS new suspension setup is but 7sec GT-R and SPL parts seem to help them alot, eg reducing wheel hop and camber adjustment.

do you think the JRZ's would have been better for the race circuit?

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,113 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

I'm sure they would be better for the Road Course.That SPE run, they had a dedicated chassis guy there with them.

Se7enGTR

Se7enGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-January 13

I had JRZ's on for awhile,but car went faster with stock in1/4 so i switched back.Hopeing somebody comes out with a dedicated drag set up.

Probably, the JRZ spring and shock rates weren't really set up for the drag racing.  what do i know better though?   lolz 

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

How did the car feel with the JRZ's?

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
  • LocationHilton Head Island, SC

If i had to start over fresh tomorrow on a new GTR JRZs would be my first mod.  Seriously they completely transform the car

• changster likes this

TSM Built 2015 

4.4 Billet block, ETS Pro1900 Turbos 
19xx whp/13xx wtq

213mph Half Mile, 7.64@184, 1.23 60 foot

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

2.8, PTE6766, ProEFI 8xx whp

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,113 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

How did the car feel with the JRZ's?

It did ride better smoother wise.

We tried every setting we could and it just wouldnt work the way we thought it would.I have heard nothing but great things about them on a road course.

ALPHA Performance

ALPHA Performance

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,702 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12

We're your huckleberry :)

In all seriousness the lightfield is just fantastic for a street car. We sell them all day long and never have an unhappy customer.

For those looking for the optimum drag / straight line setup we have a pretty awesome system in the works. The first 10 sets will be on the shelves in about a 4-5 weeks. This is the same system we implemented on OMEGA. Much better for straight line duty and it rides smoother than stock. The downside is its not meant for handling so if you are one that likes the twisties I would still recommend the litchfield system over our drag setup. For for my straight line only guys this is the setup to have. I will have more info when we are closer to releasing it.

Eric

• Tim and Barry like this

Ty Curtin

ty@amsperformance.com 

World's First Nissan R35 GT-R in the 9's, 8's 7's AND THE 6's!!!!!!!

AlphaG - 6.93 @ 196 mph

Alpha Q - 7.05 @ 209  | Alpha Omega - 7.48 @ 193 | Alpha X (CMC) 7.61 @ 189 | Alpha X (DriveWire) 7.62 @ 190 | Alpha X (Curtis) 7.66 @ 187 

GtRcHaRgEr

GtRcHaRgEr

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 11-January 13

We're your huckleberry :)

In all seriousness the lightfield is just fantastic for a street car. We sell them all day long and never have an unhappy customer.

For those looking for the optimum drag / straight line setup we have a pretty awesome system in the works. The first 10 sets will be on the shelves in about a 4-5 weeks. This is the same system we implemented on OMEGA. Much better for straight line duty and it rides smoother than stock. The downside is its not meant for handling so if you are one that likes the twisties I would still recommend the litchfield system over our drag setup. For for my straight line only guys this is the setup to have. I will have more info when we are closer to releasing it.

Eric

How is the drag setup fair in the twisities if you decided to take it for a spirited run?

09 Black on Black Premium....... AMS 4.4 Stroked ALPHA 12 Powered TSM Tuned!

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

i added a drag racing suspension to the poll, added ams and awd motorsports as an example cause those are the only two i know of in development atm. any of the moderators can edit that later when other options are available. 

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,184 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

I would add Nissan Nordring options.  They have both street and race versions available.

They are Nissan JP approved parts

http://www.nordring.jp/parts/sus.html

I run springs now on future year OE suspension.   However, I would only ever upgrade to another Bilstein damptronic setup, whether Litchfield, or Nordring.

Edited by NickTO, 21 September 2013 - 06:04 PM.

GT-R Heritage MAKES AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

NICK YOUR A FUNNY FUCKER DUDE  :D   - TIM 2015 & 2016.  2 Years Running!

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

Those are very similar to the litchfields, would we like the poll to be more general or more specific in brand? the way the poll is now that would be categorized as a litchfield type. i can change Litchfields to just " (OEM modified struts; aftermarket springs)" or i can add the nordring version. note how the rest are just classified as coilover instead of being every single brand.

this can be any way you guys want it. any of the moderators here can edit my post i dont mind (being that im a bit busy at times).

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,184 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

true. nevermind. as you were :)

GT-R Heritage MAKES AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

NICK YOUR A FUNNY FUCKER DUDE  :D   - TIM 2015 & 2016.  2 Years Running!

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

POPULAR

I've driven the following setups:

OEM - extensively. Excellent street/track setup. Rarely on track do I feel like the suspension is "holding me back". I run a square wheel/tire setup so complaints about undeersteer... I don't share those.

OEM with Eibach springs - drove on street only, I was surprised at how comfy they were on Comfort mode. They lower the car more in front than rear, but I've heard changing the rake that way benefits the handling on track. Nice upgrade.

OEM with Eibach springs and swaybars - only drove on street, but handling was just as predictable as OEM, the one twisty section I got to do, the rear end slid out on throttle very progressively. I would not hesitate to run or recommend this setup for someone looking for an upgrade with no downside to comfort. Eibach knows suspensions.

OEM shocks with KW Sleeve kit and Stillen swaybars - drove on street only, handled really well, comfort about the same as OEM. I would definitely recommend the Gotboost endlinks with the Stillen swaybars. For height adjustability, modest upgrade, this is a good way to go.
  • changster, GTeeR, shawnhayes and 2 others like this
2014 NISSAN GT-R
Racing Brake - HKS - GotBoost Performance - AMS

NJNYCGTR

NJNYCGTR

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 15-September 13

The Eibach springs sound nice with an improved ride in comfort mode, but driving around my area the drop could be detrimental for me. 

Eric - Does the Litchfield Suspension also lower the GTR?  I heard the comfort mode is a softer ride, which normal and race are about the same as OEM?

Thanks.

GTeeR

GTeeR

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 06-March 13
  • LocationSoFlo

I have the KW sleeve coilover kit with Stillen sways, GotBoost end links, Whiteline front upper control arms eccentric bushings and SPL rear camber and toe arms.  I'm happy with the way this set-up performs.   My car is a 2013 and the 2013 Bilsteins are definitely better dampers than the 2011 GTR Bilsteins I had prior. 

Edited by GTeeR, 22 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

• icarus and sam2avila like this

2013 Gunmetal BE - AMS Alpha 9+, AMS forged internals, Alpha cams, Alpha induction kit and Race I/C, Shep Stage 2.5 trans, etc. 

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,031 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Going with the 2013 struts and springs on my 2009 to get the updates.

Shawn

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,549 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I have JRZ's but with custom valving from TSM....so they seem a bit softer.  I think I can turn down the compression and rebound on the rear and get a good launch drag racing.  At least that is what I am planning to try after the build

In7anity!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users