Hey guys .. need some support and advise from Built GTR owners. I just finished my Alpha 9 build, with the 3.8L built short block, clutch upgrade 7 superstock, and dms 1st gear: Details on my build in this thread: MY ALPHA 9 BUILD.
Main issue: Sudden clutch whine & crank noises on low speed, after adjusting my TCM touchpoints
Heres what happened. Got the car back, and breaking in the new motor. not flooring it.. did one pull only. Tuner adjusted my CC and Touchpoints to +2, +2, -2 -2.
1) I noticed a lag 1st gear start, while slowly pressing the gas. (best example is: imagine forgetting the handbrake up, and slowly accelerating. same lag).
2) Tuner suggested to adjust touchpoints to 0, 0.. so now new cc/tp are +2, +2, 0, 0. After adjusting to this.. that lag is gone, but 1st gear is now harsh. As I'm slowly rolling off the line it jerks on 1st before shifting to 2nd. (tuner said this is normal, new gear etc.. and because i upped the tp by 2). been driving the car for 4 days now no whine or clutch sound issues. I drove with this setup for 2 days.. no clutch whines or noises.
NOISES BEGIN HERE
3) Tuner suggested to try adjusting the TPs to -1, -1 .. might reduce that jerk. new settings now +2, +2, -1, -1. (this morning). Immediately, something din't feel right.. lag was back + a lot of cranking noise. less than a 100 meters, I just wanted to go back to +2, +2, -2 -2. the original one done by the tuner.
4) The minute i switched back to +2, +2, -2 -2. As im slowly pulling out.. loud cranks and car shuts off with 1st gear blinking. stalled like a manual lol. (in video below).
5) Restarted. Kept driving.. i did notice a little clank as it downshifts from 6th to 5th (tuner/builder said it's ok and normal for new clutches.. i find it odd since it wasn't doing that 4 days ago before playing with the touchpoints)
6) My most concerning noise: as im driving slow, 1st & 2nd, I noticed a loud new whine (in video below), and the cranking gets louder on sharp turns. I'm really concerned.
Built GTR guys.. is this normal with upgraded clutches?? is it normal to suddenly hear these weird noises after 4 days of driving ?? is it just a coincidence the noise appearing after playing with the touchpoints?
thank you in advance..