Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TT Huracan Vs Built GTR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

PurEvl

PurEvl

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-March 18
I've been going back and forth for months debating to do a billet crank 3.8 ELITE 12 injector build on the GTR or move onto the huracan platform and send to sheepey race for a 2+ build on stock motor/tranny.

Sheepey cars have been putting down consistent numbers as Tony Palo tunes all their cars.
There doesn't seem to be a big history of reliability yet though.

From what I've been able to find online, it seems if both cars have the same HP(not even factoring torque) the TT huracan absolutely destroys the GTR.
Can anyone provide insight to this?

Cost wise I'm looking at the same amount around 80k for a built GTR (1400ish hp/1200 tq) or stage 2+ kit from Sheepey (1200-1400hp, 800-1000tq?)
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Guess it come down to what car you like more.I can’t fit in a Huracan personally. Tony has been killing it with the Sheepy kits though

• PurEvl likes this

PurEvl

PurEvl

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-March 18
Love both cars and each has their own quirks.

Just looking to see why and if in fact the huracan is faster.
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Love both cars and each has their own quirks.

Just looking to see why and if in fact the huracan is faster.

Lots of fake Draggy shit going on right now

• droptopp, sam2avila and PurEvl like this

PurEvl

PurEvl

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-March 18

Lots of fake Draggy shit going on right now

That's definitely a good insight. As someone who doesn't know anything about it I just observe.
  • droptopp likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,559 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA

I'd say build the car you wanna look at and drive to dinner.  You can make either a GTR or a Lambo faster than is usable as a street car given the time.

Dave

• Tim, droptopp and PurEvl like this

PurEvl

PurEvl

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-March 18

I'd say build the car you wanna look at and drive to dinner. You can make either a GTR or a Lambo faster than is usable as a street car given the time.

Dave

That would be both 😂

But I'm comparing with the same amount of money thrown in. Not looking to do full out drag builds although the GTR would be halfway there Vs the huracan.

Huracan seems faster power for power but Tim does make a good point with dragy videos going around...BUT some videos in mexico confirm them to an extent.
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

That would be both

But I'm comparing with the same amount of money thrown in. Not looking to do full out drag builds although the GTR would be halfway there Vs the huracan.

Huracan seems faster power for power but Tim does make a good point with dragy videos going around...BUT some videos in mexico confirm them to an extent.

Hou are correct! Same as the GTR world,there are quality shops and there are shit shops trying to make a name for themselves. 

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

I'd say build the car you wanna look at and drive to dinner.  You can make either a GTR or a Lambo faster than is usable as a street car given the time.

Dave

Dave this seems to be a trend in the GTR world right now full 18’s around ina full street setup.People enjoying there cars.
As most of y’all know I’m been on this kick flrn2.5 yrs and it’s honestly been really fun .
Pick the wife up in on Fridays for Happy hour,go to dinner on Saturday.Wash it on sundays. Then go put it back in the warehouse for 4 days
i just Smile

• thehelix112 and droptopp like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,066 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York
I don’t think a stage 1 TT Lambo/R8 (1000 wheel) does better than a mid 4 60-130. That’s my old A9 category +/-

A tune only 720 is a little quicker (if it hooks).

I know there are some quicker ones online but don’t think it’s the base build that comes with a warranty (which is pretty cool).

The stage 3s run mid to low 3’s but that’s a good deal more cash. Spending that much on a GTR and you could get a 20 Nismo and a balls out Elite Prime car and smoke it hahaha.

With all that said - if I fit in a Huracan/R8 I’d have one hahahahah
  • Tim and tg07 like this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

PurEvl

PurEvl

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-March 18

I don’t think a stage 1 TT Lambo/R8 (1000 wheel) does better than a mid 4 60-130. That’s my old A9 category +/-

A tune only 720 is a little quicker (if it hooks).

I know there are some quicker ones online but don’t think it’s the base build that comes with a warranty (which is pretty cool).

The stage 3s run mid to low 3’s but that’s a good deal more cash. Spending that much on a GTR and you could get a 20 Nismo and a balls out Elite Prime car and smoke it hahaha.

With all that said - if I fit in a Huracan/R8 I’d have one hahahahah

Stage 2+ is 66k from Sheepey. Similar package available from AMS.
These kits on stock motor make 1300 easy and have been told a lot of guys actually run them at 1500.

That is my question and point droptop. Why is the huracan faster with same Hp yet lower torque?

3.8 billet elite prime is actually what I was planning to do before I saw how much this huracan platform is taking off.

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,066 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York
1200-1500 hp is a big difference for a GTR build. Assuming the Huracan would be the same.

How much quicker are you talking ? I’m assuming you don’t mean 1/4 mile where tq would make a difference.

Roll on 60-130, 100-150 ? Primes are high 2’s to mid 3’s both depending on how much boost in second and whether or not using antilag.

Stage 3’s online I see are running low to mid 3’s? Stage 2 I don’t know honestly. What times are you seeing.

FWIW - the difference from a 3.0 to a 3.5 60-130 would be whoever jumped first pretty much. It’s too short of a distance. Use 60-180 if you can or 80-180+

The Huracan is 400+ lbs lighter too isn’t it ? Never weighed one personally.

If @ the same dyno numbers lighter car should be quicker roll on, but remember power band comes into play too as does tune and boost by gear.

I think I said it before, if I fit I’d have one hahahah
  • Tim and PurEvl like this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 627 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14

POPULAR

I have pretty good experience with both cars.  I do prefer the v10 platform at this point.  For similar mods the Lambo/R8 platform seems to hold up a bit better.  Power for power they are quicker.  

My AMS Performante would commonly run 9.20s and 3.6X 60-130s.  This was on E85 with a stock motor/ trans and a Dodson clutch.  This is in a fun weight car.  There weren't really any compromises and the car was still relatively quiet and drove like stock.

The car is getting a built trans and motor over the winter and I expect great things from it.

My other Huracan they did (Omega) runs consistent 7.60s @18x(with factory springs and dampers) and 60-130s in the 2.3X range.  This is on race gas with 68mm turbos at about 3700LBS with me in it.  I am honestly shocked by the reliability given the times it has posted and how many times it has done so.  its a pretty basic pistons and rods motor happily making about 1800WHP.  the drivetrain is also holding up well and has seen many many hits with no issue.

• Tim, thehelix112, droptopp and 2 others like this

PurEvl

PurEvl

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-March 18
Appreciate the good info and it sounds like AMS is going to push this platform in the right direction without becoming snobs about it. So far everything is very enticing and hope to only get better.

I'll be putting the GTR on the backburner and will probably trade it in for a SUV. No need for two fun cars :)
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

I have pretty good experience with both cars.  I do prefer the v10 platform at this point.  For similar mods the Lambo/R8 platform seems to hold up a bit better.  Power for power they are quicker.  

My AMS Performante would commonly run 9.20s and 3.6X 60-130s.  This was on E85 with a stock motor/ trans and a Dodson clutch.  This is in a fun weight car.  There weren't really any compromises and the car was still relatively quiet and drove like stock.

The car is getting a built trans and motor over the winter and I expect great things from it.

My other Huracan they did (Omega) runs consistent 7.60s @18x(with factory springs and dampers) and 60-130s in the 2.3X range.  This is on race gas with 68mm turbos at about 3700LBS with me in it.  I am honestly shocked by the reliability given the times it has posted and how many times it has done so.  its a pretty basic pistons and rods motor happily making about 1800WHP.  the drivetrain is also holding up well and has seen many many hits with no issue.

Mr Jordan Martin has just spoke gentlemen!!

• droptopp and PurEvl like this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 520 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

That type of reliability is awesome. Your post is important info for those looking at putting some miles on their engines. Very little info out there on reliability. Fast is fun but not when cars need constant refreshes or repairs.
  • Tim, thehelix112 and droptopp like this
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build. 1100+WHP

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 627 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14
To put it in perspective, my stock motor/trans Performante had gone a best of 9.22@157 and run a 3.68 60-130 time (all on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires). In the mean time it has been driven, extensively in that form. Gold rush rally last year, A corsa Rally as well as 4 track rentals, thousands of street miles and lots of street pulls. All in a package civilized enough to take my wife out to dinner. They really are well sorted now days. Oh and I also drag races it at TX2K.
  • Tim and PurEvl like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

To put it in perspective, my stock motor/trans Performante had gone a best of 9.22@157 and run a 3.68 60-130 time (all on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires). In the mean time it has been driven, extensively in that form. Gold rush rally last year, A corsa Rally as well as 4 track rentals, thousands of street miles and lots of street pulls. All in a package civilized enough to take my wife out to dinner. They really are well sorted now days. Oh and I also drag races it at TX2K.

Thanks for the info Jordan as a lot of us have these questions.

• PurEvl likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,066 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York

That’s a fun street car. 9.2 @ 157 with a 3.6 means your running a good amount of boost by gear. 1.7 60’ ?

I assume it runs close to this on the street with a soft launch.

What’s the 100-150 on this setup ?
  • Tim likes this

PurEvl

PurEvl

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-March 18

Damn its moving. Next map up and can put even more hurting on a lot of cars 😮. Nino S on Instagram has been rolling sub 3.5s with his stock motor huracan.

Edited by PurEvl, 27 November 2020 - 11:27 AM.

• Tim likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users