Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Issues in WOT

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jnin

Jnin

Stock

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 26-February 18

Hi guys

The other day when I was driving my car and I was on 4th gear with WOT a loud pop off sound was heard (like an intercooler hose was popped) and the car hesitate to accelerate further.

I took my foot of the accelerator and I drove the car home where I checked all the intercooler hoses. They were all firmly in place.

Since then I am experiencing hesitation in WOT. No DTC or engine check lights. I am attaching a datalog. Any help will be much appreciated.

Mods that I have
After market intercooler
1000cc ID injectors.
AEM 355lph fuel pumps
Custome Intakes
SD tune
Full catless Innotech exhaust system with downpipes, Ypipe and cat back

Attached Files

Edited by Jnin, 17 October 2020 - 11:27 AM.

majj35

majj35

Stock

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 05-February 16
  • LocationJeddah, KSA

not an expert at reading logs, but everything seems okay. If one of your pipes hoses or clamps got a bit loose, you won't be hitting any boost.. which in your log confirms that you are reaching up to 14psi. I've had a situation once, where one of the hose pipe clamps were not tightened well..and was only hitting 4psi boost lol. Did you check underneath, any leaks from dps, mps, or exhaust? 

I also once had my mp suddenly snap at WOT (due to rust/salts over years).. no CEL no limp..just vibration and super loud.

Interested to know what's going on. goodluck

2014 GT-R Black Edition

51096168912_de49ed3e06.jpg

Built 3.8L Race; Alpha 9

--

Engine: AMS Race 3.8L | A9+ Turbos | GSC Power-Division S1 Cams | Alpha Street FMIC | Sakura 3" Intakes | HKS M45HL | HKS SSQV4

Trans: Dodson Superstock 8 Plate Clutch Kit | Dodson Extreme Duty 1st Gear & Input Shaft

Fuel: Visconti FlexFuel v2 | Asnu 1100cc Injectors | Twin Walbro 525lph Pumps MC Performance Fuel Lines

Exhaust: Alpha 90mm Catless Downpipes | HKS Resonated Midpipe | HKS Legamax Titanium Exhaust

Exterior: N-Tune CF Splitter | Rexpeed Z Skirts | Difflow Fins RevoZport DN Trunk JCR GT Wing | '15 Lights

Interior: DCT Custom Steering wheel | Shiftkoncepts Paddles | Rexpeed Carbon Steering Cover | COBB ApV3-006

Wheels: Advan RS-D 20x9.5/10.5 | ProjectKics Leggdura CL53 lugs | Eibach spacers 15mm/20mm | Pzero 285/295

750whp+/xxxwtq (95 Ron estim.) - MC/Kanoo Performance (e-tune)

860whp+/xxxwtq (C16 estim.) - MC/Kanoo Performance (e-tune)

--

if_Instagram_1298747.pnggwynethbluepearl

YouTubeMajj Garage

1968 Camaro SS | LSx/ProTouring (Here)

Build Blog & Reviews (Here)

Jnin

Jnin

Stock

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 26-February 18

not an expert at reading logs, but everything seems okay. If one of your pipes hoses or clamps got a bit loose, you won't be hitting any boost.. which in your log confirms that you are reaching up to 14psi. I've had a situation once, where one of the hose pipe clamps were not tightened well..and was only hitting 4psi boost lol. Did you check underneath, any leaks from dps, mps, or exhaust?

I also once had my mp suddenly snap at WOT (due to rust/salts over years).. no CEL no limp..just vibration and super loud.

Interested to know what's going on. goodluck

Thanks buddy. I think issue is the exhaust when the valves are closed and created a lot of back pressure. I tested it with the valves open and the car flew with no issues. Hit 21psi.

I have also spoke to the tuner and I will send him some more logs this weekend.
I will also fix the “auto” mode on the exhaust valve to open the valves half way through the accelerator and go from there
  • Tim likes this

majj35

majj35

Stock

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 05-February 16
  • LocationJeddah, KSA

Thanks buddy. I think issue is the exhaust when the valves are closed and created a lot of back pressure. I tested it with the valves open and the car flew with no issues. Hit 21psi.

I have also spoke to the tuner and I will send him some more logs this weekend.
I will also fix the “auto” mode on the exhaust valve to open the valves half way through the accelerator and go from there

ah i see, that does make sense.. glad it's nothing serious!

2014 GT-R Black Edition

51096168912_de49ed3e06.jpg

Built 3.8L Race; Alpha 9

--

Engine: AMS Race 3.8L | A9+ Turbos | GSC Power-Division S1 Cams | Alpha Street FMIC | Sakura 3" Intakes | HKS M45HL | HKS SSQV4

Trans: Dodson Superstock 8 Plate Clutch Kit | Dodson Extreme Duty 1st Gear & Input Shaft

Fuel: Visconti FlexFuel v2 | Asnu 1100cc Injectors | Twin Walbro 525lph Pumps MC Performance Fuel Lines

Exhaust: Alpha 90mm Catless Downpipes | HKS Resonated Midpipe | HKS Legamax Titanium Exhaust

Exterior: N-Tune CF Splitter | Rexpeed Z Skirts | Difflow Fins RevoZport DN Trunk JCR GT Wing | '15 Lights

Interior: DCT Custom Steering wheel | Shiftkoncepts Paddles | Rexpeed Carbon Steering Cover | COBB ApV3-006

Wheels: Advan RS-D 20x9.5/10.5 | ProjectKics Leggdura CL53 lugs | Eibach spacers 15mm/20mm | Pzero 285/295

750whp+/xxxwtq (95 Ron estim.) - MC/Kanoo Performance (e-tune)

860whp+/xxxwtq (C16 estim.) - MC/Kanoo Performance (e-tune)

--

if_Instagram_1298747.pnggwynethbluepearl

YouTubeMajj Garage

1968 Camaro SS | LSx/ProTouring (Here)

Build Blog & Reviews (Here)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users