Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cobb AP and fuel types

- - - - - cobbaccessport fuel types

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Fritzbaum

Fritzbaum

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-March 19
  • LocationLuxembourg, Europe

I recently got my hands on a used Cobb AP3 with TCM. My car is otherwise stock, so I'm going with a Stage 1 OTS map; I am planning on upgrading over time but I'm not there yet.

Cobb offer 3 types of maps for different fuel types: 91ACN, 91 and 93. All three of them are for E10 fuels. Unfortunately, in my country I can choose either from 91 E10 or 93 E5. Cobb suggests I should go with the 91 map and use 91 E10 fuel. I'm a bit confused now because local tuners would usually suggest to go with the highest octane I can get, which would be 93 in this case.

So what difference do these 5% ethanol make? Could I still try and use the 93 map with 93 E5, and maybe log a few pulls with the AP to see if it potentially might still be safe to do so? And if so, what data should I log and what should I watch out for?

2014 EUDM GT-R Premium Edition

1985 Rover SD1 Vitesse

1998 Suzuki Bandit 600

2002 Suzuki SV 650

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,555 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Hey there,

Ethanol's stoichiometric ratio is much higher than petrol, that's why you need bigger injectors for e85 cars, to inject more fuel per ftlb of air.

So e10 will require more fuel than e5, and if you run e5 you'll be running a bit richer than ideal I think. Probably not too much given the small percentages but it won't be ideal.

I would like up a tuner, someone with lots of Cobb+gtr experience and do a remote tune when you install it.

Dave

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,555 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
http://innovativetun...om/tuning-dyno/ is a friend and he's very good. Shoot him an email.

Dave

Fritzbaum

Fritzbaum

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-March 19
  • LocationLuxembourg, Europe

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't aware that remote tuning is a thing.

• thehelix112 and Ian201 like this

2014 EUDM GT-R Premium Edition

1985 Rover SD1 Vitesse

1998 Suzuki Bandit 600

2002 Suzuki SV 650

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cobbaccessport, fuel types

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users