Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Toyo R888R Tires

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

krue92

krue92

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13

I got my 2010 GTR with 25k miles about a year ago and it had the Toyo R888 tires on it with 315/30/20 and 285/35/20 on Forgeline 20x11 and 20x10 wheels.  It needed tires so I got the new R888R's in the same size and now I start seeing posts about that being the wrong size and that I should of done a 325 instead of a 315 due to different rolling diameter that could cause ets issues.  This makes me nervous, but I haven't seen any AWD lights or noticed any issues.  I probably have only 1000 miles on them and I am just running FBO E85.  Do you think this is cause for concern and I need to switch them out or should I just keep on eye on it and make sure next time to get the 325 size.  I have read some people have no issues with the 315, but other have, so just wanted a few more opinions.

Thanks

• thehelix112 likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,555 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA

If you're super concerned you should do a rollout test (https://help.summitr...s-tire-rollout?) with them to see what the actual difference is.  I think the tolerance is ~1.5%?

Dave

sam2avila

sam2avila

Stage 1 Member

• 123 posts
  • Joined 08-March 15
For peace of mind, I went 285 square on wheel specs similar to yours. Also on R888R.
  • thehelix112 likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,555 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
I also went square. 305 on 10.5 all around
  • sam2avila likes this

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

285/315 toyo r888r killed my awd clutch with stock wheel sizes front 9,5 and rear 10,5, check the rollout diameter or just height of the tyre.

sam2avila

sam2avila

Stage 1 Member

• 123 posts
  • Joined 08-March 15

I also went square. 305 on 10.5 all around

Hey man, sorry but I forgot, how you pull this off ?

krue92

krue92

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
I'm taking it to my tuner next week to check the wheel speed before I do anything.
  • thehelix112 and sam2avila like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,555 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Hey man, sorry but I forgot, how you pull this off ?

All good. I am running oem rear wheels all around, with the front stock lower control arm adjusted inboard and spl upper control arms set at -3.5 deg camber.

Dave
  • sam2avila likes this

sam2avila

sam2avila

Stage 1 Member

• 123 posts
  • Joined 08-March 15

All good. I am running oem rear wheels all around, with the front stock lower control arm adjusted inboard and spl upper control arms set at -3.5 deg camber.

Dave

Got it, thanks Dave.

Sam

krue92

krue92

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
I went to my tuner yesterday and wheel speeds from front to back were identical most of the time. Sometimes when excelerating hard they would maybe be 1km off from front to back. I am not sure what I am going to do now. Might order the 325's for a piece of mind.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,555 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

I went to my tuner yesterday and wheel speeds from front to back were identical most of the time. Sometimes when excelerating hard they would maybe be 1km off from front to back. I am not sure what I am going to do now. Might order the 325's for a piece of mind.

I don't think that means it's not wrong, it just means that the ets isn't strong enough to make the fronts slip. You could just be wearing out the ets.

Dave

krue92

krue92

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
Well I have only had them on for 1k miles and I normally don't drive that aggressive. I would hope I haven't really done any damage as of it. AWD system definitely still works great. I have no slippage signs as of yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users