Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fender vents - which?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,489 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Hey guys,

Check out these fender vents that rob from alpha logic is running on his car. Love them. They look really cool on the n attack fenders too.

Anyone seen these anywhere before?

Dave 9b1e5b3eb61a275d4935ea2975a609bc.jpg

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
There are a few options out there but i would go with the ones from Import Racing in Germany. Alexander Wutzke was one of the first guys to make these and I know they are functional if they’re coming from his shop.

https://www.importra...lentlueftungen/
  • thehelix112 likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,765 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

quite a few knockoff ones out there. 

noticed the the IR ones are mounted on top vs the side of the fender like the Nismo ones... not sure if that makes much of a difference.

are you supposed to run these with wheel well liners or without?

• thehelix112 likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,489 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Good question.  I'd imagine you can just cut a few slots into the fender liners right underneath the vents and that'd let them work well enough.

Another option is just to go with these I guess: https://www.evasivem...a4aAt69EALw_wcBor maybe someone has a line on OEM fenders...

The paint on my fenders is about to start to chip due to my wider front rims rubbing, so that option is probably one I'll go down a bit later.

Dave

• elf_cruiser likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,489 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Oh and to the question about on top vs on the side.. on top would I think work better with the n-attack lips as it'll kick the air up and over the side mirrors, meaning less drag and more downforce from the kick.  Side vents would probably be better if you don't have the n-attack fenders.

Just a guess though.

Dave

• elf_cruiser likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,875 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I have the top one and while it looks better IMHO, look where that is, it doesn't directly connect to the wheel well, at least when I looked (mine still aren't installed)

He did show a video where heat is vented, but the side one probably relieves more pressure...

• thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

quite a few knockoff ones out there.

noticed the the IR ones are mounted on top vs the side of the fender like the Nismo ones... not sure if that makes much of a difference.

are you supposed to run these with wheel well liners or without?

There definitely needs to be some airflow through the liners. It’s easy to cut an opening in the liner and then reinstall it. I would bet 95% of people installing these are not modifying the liners 😂
  • 7racer and thehelix112 like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,765 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

elf, are you running with liners or without? I remember you took some stuff off becauseracecar. Maybe that was the brake dust shield I'm thinking of.

• thehelix112 and elf_cruiser like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

elf, are you running with liners or without? I remember you took some stuff off becauseracecar. Maybe that was the brake dust shield I'm thinking of.

I still have the liners. Our new fiberglass fenders wouldn’t survive the rock assault from our barren desert racetracks. I did vent the front liners to help the trans and oil coolers a bit. I still need to vent the rear liners so that the fender vents behind the tire can do their job.

And yes, I removed the brake dust shields about 94 years ago. It’s funny - the outside of my calipers turned brown like everyones, but the inside has remained copper.
  • 7racer and thehelix112 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users