Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Software Updates FTW

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

d-pak

d-pak

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 24-October 13

Let me start with... I absolutely still love every second in my 2009 GT-R. She is going to be 12 this year...so hard to believe.

With that said, my daily driver got an over-the-air update a few nights ago. I only had a few brief seconds to snap a few quick pic of the release notes on the screen. I was headed to the airport at for a 5:30a flight and figured I would read details on the plane. I was so excited, I just had to share and can't wait to try it out.

With a heavy software approach, it's getting mods for free every couple of months.  The software/computer geek in me gets all giddy and the car nut gets even more excited. If Nissan had the same approach, man I would've sent them so many hugs over the years.

IMG_20200310_045157.jpg

IMG_20200310_045208.jpg

Edited by d-pak, 12 March 2020 - 02:10 PM.

• 7racer, choerizo and droptopp like this

DIY Guides Related to my GT-R Projects --> http://gtrtech.blogspot.com

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,755 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

yea that part is really slick. the car actually improves over time. i just came back from a cross country road trip with my buddy in his Model 3 Performance and having autopilot made the road trip 1000x easier and more enjoyable. i just put in an order for a Model Y Performance to be my daily/kid hauler.

• 7racer, thehelix112 and droptopp like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,916 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Jealous !!
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,850 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

got that update on my 3 performance also!

Love my Tesla but the 3 is going to get replaced with the new Roadster and my X the new Truck!!!

• choerizo likes this

In7anity!!

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,916 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Truck is pretty bad ass. At some point I’ll go electric too. Not many supercharges around me yet.

Daughter wants a Model 3 something fierce.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,425 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Yah my base model 3 is still slick as fuck. An amazing product, but expecting decades old car manufacturers to become as technically sophisticated as tesla isn't realistic imho. Tesla is gunna keep eating their lunch.

I'll be getting a truck when it comes out.

Dave

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,850 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Yah my base model 3 is still slick as fuck. An amazing product, but expecting decades old car manufacturers to become as technically sophisticated as tesla isn't realistic imho. Tesla is gunna keep eating their lunch.

I'll be getting a truck when it comes out.

Dave

I know...they keep talking about Taycan.  Does it do autopilot, self parking etc?

I know a lot of Porsche nuts that are already saying it slays the Tesla but not sure how they can say that when the Tesla does so much more

• thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,916 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
My wife was sold on the whole come out the mall and it picks you up.

She still thinks I’m kidding her.

Taycan price is ridiculous considering what you get with the Tesla.
  • 7racer and thehelix112 like this

d-pak

d-pak

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 24-October 13

My car was about 10 days old and I had just paid for FSD about 24 hrs prior via the mobile app. $6k spent just like that.

The vehicle was parked at the end of the parking lot in a strip mall. I had gone to dinner with my in-laws. They didn't know what a Tesla was.

To come get me, the car had back out, not hit the curb behind it make a 90 degree turn, then make another 90 degree turn to come get me. Additionally a car pulled into the parking lot going to a space that was in its path, so it had to negotiate that too. The ladies in the car thought that the Tesla was vying for the same spot. A lot could have gone wrong. All I did was held then button down on the Smart Summon on my phone and hoped nothing bad would happen. All this happened without daylight.

• 7racer, thehelix112 and droptopp like this

DIY Guides Related to my GT-R Projects --> http://gtrtech.blogspot.com

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,425 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Fucken impressive.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,850 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

love the tech in these cars

cant wait for the Space X option in the new Roadster!  hahahaha

In7anity!!

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,916 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
So cool - can you have it roll down the windows and play music as it picks you up ?

What’s space x option ? 0-100 in 4 flat?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,850 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

So cool - can you have it roll down the windows and play music as it picks you up ?

What’s space x option ? 0-100 in 4 flat?

rockets on a production car!!!!

lol

https://www.teslarat...ge-performance/

In7anity!!

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,916 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Beyond cool !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users