Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fault Codes With Cobb Stage 3 and FlexFuel Tunes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Fault Codes.jpg I have a 2016 Premium. I have Cobb Stage 3, Cobb CAN Gateway and Cobb FlexFuel. I had the tune done by Speed For Sale, it included a year of support but they are now out of business so I have no support and nobody else can work with this tune.

If I drive the car, put it in park, then drive some more I get a Check Engine Light. The fault codes are P2098 (it says it can be caused by a dirty MAF sensor or fuel trim) and P2098 (caused by Bank 1 Sensor 1 or Bank 1 Sensor Harness Shorted or Bank 1 Poor Electric Connection).

I am trying to decide if this is simply a dirty MAF sensor on Bank 1, a malfunctioning MAF sensor on Bank 1 or if it is an issue with the tune that needs to be corrected? Mixture too lean perhaps?

I am going to clean the MAF sensors, the car only has 4000 miles, but I was thinking maybe the MAF got contaminated by the oiled air filters that came with the Cobb Intakes?

I have considered replacing the MAF sensor, maybe it is bad. I found one for $200 online.

Bank1? I assume this is the left side of the engine as viewed from the drivers seat?

If it is a tuning issue i am assuming I will have to find a new turner and start from scratch with a new tune?

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by Falcon900, 06 February 2020 - 02:29 PM.

2016 Premium Gun Metallic with Cobb Stage 3; Cobb Catted Downpipes, Cobb Y-Pipe, NISMO Ti Exhaust, Cobb 3" CF Intakes, ID1050X Injectors, Cobb CAN Gateway with E85 and AMS Intercooler.

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,856 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
I responded on life

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
-Mainline Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 21B Ozick Dr, Durham, CT   West Coast Location 16726 146th St SE, Monroe, WA

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 552 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
So did I LOL.
  • Doug@WGP likes this

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users