Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Drivetrain sound coming from mid rear

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

JLazaro

JLazaro

Stock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-January 20
Looking for some help...I’ve got this sound coming from the mid rear of my R35 2013...

https://youtu.be/obO2gSPnD5U

The sound occurs when you are in a lower gear, mostly 2nd or 3rd, and you are allowing the car to slow down in gear without applying the brakes. As the RPM falls, you start to slowly hear what almost seems to me to be a warped sound that makes a rub rub rub noise. The frequency of the rub is tied to RPM, but it goes away once the car goes above 2000rpm. The rub is not loud, and honestly sounds like what a warped rotor would sound but it isn't coming from the brakes, and is pretty quiet, although noticeable. I'm not sure if this is an issue other people have had, or if there is any insight into a particular issue people here are aware of. With all the noises the GR6 makes I don't want to waste my time taking the car in for service if this is just another one of those "normal" sounds. I have never noticed it before, so it wouldn't seem to be normal.

2013 FBO R35

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 127 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14
  • LocationStenungsund Sweden

https://www.youtube....eature=emb_logo

Try to get in touch with Gymrat on the UK forum,he is on Life as well he had this very problem just a couple of weeks ago. He sent his car to Litchfields for repair but unfortunately i can`t tell you what they did i don`t have that information. My guess was to do with the bellhousing/shaft.

• JLazaro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users