Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ghosn has fled to Lebanon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,120 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

https://www.msn.com/...ocid=spartandhp

Looks like the king has fled for Middle East.  How in the HELL  you get out of Japan in 2019 to Lebanon without a frickin' passport and being on EVERY worldwide criminal watch list is something I'd like to know how to do.  You know....just in case.

Shawn

• Mattson likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,745 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

He gave somebody a sack of cash

• Mattson likes this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,745 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

that's nuts. posted $9M bail like it was pocket change.

• Tim likes this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 947 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

He made the modern GT-R. He said all it "had to have" was round tail lights. How could Nissan not revere him?

• Tim, thehelix112 and shawnhayes like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,120 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

He made the modern GT-R. He said all it "had to have" was round tail lights. How could Nissan not revere him?

I think it was you who intimated it might be internal Japanese feudal conflicts.  Or maybe NickTO.  I can't remember.  But something shady if I recall.

Shawn

• Tim and thehelix112 like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,368 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Yeah I can't help but think there is some truth to that.

Dave

bigc

bigc

Stock

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 31-December 18
  • LocationLos Angeles
How in the HELL  you get out of Japan in 2019 to Lebanon without a frickin' passport and being on EVERY worldwide criminal watch list is something I'd like to know how to do.  You know....just in case.

Shawn

apparently, you hide in music equipment

https://nypost.com/2...nt-case-report/

• Tim likes this

2017 Nissan GT-R, FBO+E85, Pearl White on Rakuda

2013 Infiniti G37 IPL Convertible, Moonlight White Pearl, "Lucy Jr." - sold

2005 Infiniti G35TT Coupe, Ivory Pearl, "Lucy" - sold

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,745 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

He supposedly went thru multiple countries, with out a passport..tell me how that happens 

Biff_Malibu

Biff_Malibu

Stage 4 Member

• 826 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
  • LocationLos Angeles

I’m pleased he made it out. The accusations against him seem too “convenient”. Enjoying some extra fat on the company dime is just part of being a CEO at a company of this magnitude. 

Edited by Biff_Malibu, 01 January 2020 - 09:42 PM.

• Tim likes this

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,861 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
+1 and the legal system seems somewhat sketchy - no contact with family. Seemed super convenient to push a plea. Trial will not be until 2021... that’s a long time no family contact.

Guaranteed Boards involved, just like the VW fiasco.

BMW is next with their sales and demos/loaner vehicles.

Edited by droptopp, 02 January 2020 - 01:59 PM.

• Tim likes this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,745 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

We should all call suspect when they Re-arrest you,because your gonna have a press conference about your case. Hmmmm

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,861 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
https://www.cnet.com...-investigation/
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

white_turbo

white_turbo

Stock

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 05-August 17

It is possible that he used Mr. Bean's passport instead. 

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 126 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14
  • LocationStenungsund Sweden

Well i`m not surprised he skipped bail if 99 percent of all trials result in a conviction ! Wonder who the 1 percent is?    

• Tim and droptopp like this

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 547 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Well i`m not surprised he skipped bail if 99 percent of all trials result in a conviction ! Wonder who the 1 percent is?

They all died in prison awaiting their trials
  • Tim, droptopp and Ian201 like this

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,745 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

They all died in prison awaiting their trials

Bahaaaaaaaa :lol:  ;)  :D

• droptopp, Ian201 and Mattson like this

bigc

bigc

Stock

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 31-December 18
  • LocationLos Angeles

https://www.npr.org/...box-officials-s

"...Surveillance video taken outside of Ghosn's Tokyo home shows the former chairman leaving the house around noon, shortly before fleeing, NHK reported on Friday.

Investigators said "the camera did not capture any other suspicious persons entering or leaving the home around the time Ghosn came out," according to the Japanese news outlet.

The new footage appears to debunk theories that Ghosn had out-foxed law enforcement by climbing into a large box for musical instruments after a band had played at the family home..."

• Tim likes this

2017 Nissan GT-R, FBO+E85, Pearl White on Rakuda

2013 Infiniti G37 IPL Convertible, Moonlight White Pearl, "Lucy Jr." - sold

2005 Infiniti G35TT Coupe, Ivory Pearl, "Lucy" - sold

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,861 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Lol cameras everywhere these days - if they don’t show videos they don’t exist, he probably just walked out.

Probably just got fed up, said F$&@ it and walked out and was like well sh’iiit I should have done that months ago.

Every international business colleague of mine has multiple passports. The ones you use when you go to the Middle East and the ones you use everywhere else. Lol.

Remember a story a Spaniard told me who traveled to Iran and Libya all the time and was like one time he almost used the passport with Israel stamps. Said that wouldn’t have ended well hahha.
  • Tim, Ian201 and bigc like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,745 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

The more I read about this.  The more I’m convinced,the Japanese were not happy with a possible merger,and then bring in the Re-arrestof him when he was gonna have a press conference about his case. Also why wouldn’t sombody be able to communicate with your wife.

In Light of our own Political problems.………These sound like Trumped up Charges to me.

• droptopp and Ian201 like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,120 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

The more I read about this.  The more I’m convinced,the Japanese were not happy with a possible merger,and then bring in the Re-arrestof him when he was gonna have a press conference about his case. Also why wouldn’t sombody be able to communicate with your wife.

In Light of our own Political problems.………These sound like Trumped up Charges to me.

In Japan, Trump would have been arrested and imprisoned for his land deals in the 80's alone.  Very very very intolerant legal culture there.

Shawn M. Hayes

• Tim and Biff_Malibu like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users