Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Block Heater install

- - - - -

Best Answer JohnnyTSi , 23 March 2020 - 07:58 PM

Followup for the next unfortunate soul that wants to take this project on! It IS possible to install a Block Heater from the top. I had to remove both upper and lower intake manifolds to have enough room to get the job done. Even with the manifold out of the way I couldn't get my fat hands down far enough to even touch the mounting hole.

With the cable attached I was able to use a coat hanger bent into a "U" on the end to coax the element into the hole!

Once the end is in the hole it was about 3331/3 wiggles using the cable and a long screwdriver to get it coaxed all the way into the hole.

Next challenge was to get the clip to engage, I used one of my long pry-bars that has an angled end to pop the clip on.by prying against the end of the connector.

Good Luck,

John-

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

JohnnyTSi

JohnnyTSi

Stock

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 16-March 19
  • LocationEverett, WA
✓  Best Answer

Followup for the next unfortunate soul that wants to take this project on! It IS possible to install a Block Heater from the top. I had to remove both upper and lower intake manifolds to have enough room to get the job done. Even with the manifold out of the way I couldn't get my fat hands down far enough to even touch the mounting hole.

With the cable attached I was able to use a coat hanger bent into a "U" on the end to coax the element into the hole!

Once the end is in the hole it was about 3331/3 wiggles using the cable and a long screwdriver to get it coaxed all the way into the hole.

Next challenge was to get the clip to engage, I used one of my long pry-bars that has an angled end to pop the clip on.by prying against the end of the connector.

Good Luck,

John-

Attached Images

• BlockHeaterInstall.png

Beautiful Blue FBO 2013 R35 GTR

655/638tq Daily Driven street thrasher!

Cobb 3" Intakes
SBD Race Intercooler with TiAL BOVs

Cobb catted Down Pipes
Cobb mid pipe modded with a Borla resonator
MAP Muffled 3.5" cat back
ASNU 330 pumps