Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rounded out lug nut help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 489 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
I use H & R spacers (version with the studs) on one set of wheels I have - my road trip wheels that have Michelins.

I rounded out one of the small lug nuts that holds the rear spacer to the hub. I'm pretty sure the stud is still good as I always hand torque and use anti-sieze. I don't think the short lug nuts H&R provides are very good honestly as far as metal density and strength to prevent this kind of thing.

No one-not one tire/wheel shop wants to touch it because of "liability with wheel spacers". I'm left to do this job on my own it seems. What do you recommend?
I
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,039 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Can you post a pic? Any auto parts store should have M12 lug nuts with the correct taper. Have you taken it apart yet?

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

KNOTZLA

KNOTZLA

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 378 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
Hammer a smaller socket on there and impact it off
  • thehelix112 likes this

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 122 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14
  • LocationStenungsund Sweden

Always make sure that you use a six sided socket (hexagonal) when tightning or loosing nuts then this very rarely happens. 

I would try the method KNOTZLA  has suggested just make sure it`s a quality socket so it doesn`t crack. Good luck. 

• thehelix112 and socalaviator like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,835 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Tighten the other ones with a little more tq than normal and then pound a slightly smaller socket on and back it off - impact ideal but should be able to use a long wrench too.

Should be good to go.

Good luck
  • thehelix112 and socalaviator like this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

colo_evo

colo_evo

Stage 1 Member

• 139 posts
  • Joined 20-September 16
They make special sockets that are made to be hammered on if you dont want to sacrafice a socket from your set.
  • socalaviator likes this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,839 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
d531eca6c80defc945a16ddf0dcfc460.jpg
  • Tim, droptopp, mstaudt2003 and 1 other like this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
-Mainline Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 21B Ozick Dr, Durham, CT   West Coast Location 16726 146th St SE, Monroe, WA

ghostrider

ghostrider

Stage 1 Member

• 171 posts
  • Joined 07-February 14

These work Great !!

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 489 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Always make sure that you use a six sided socket (hexagonal) when tightning or loosing nuts then this very rarely happens. 

I would try the method KNOTZLA  has suggested just make sure it`s a quality socket so it doesn`t crack. Good luck.

I always do. Hand tighten with anti sieze with a six point each time and then finish carefully with a torque wrench. I think I may have been a little careless with this one upon removal.
  • Ian201 likes this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 489 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Thanks Doug. I have a friend sending me his to borrow as we speak.
  • Tim and Ian201 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users