Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Congrats to John Shepherd! 8.61@170MPH! NEW RECORD!

- - - - - switzer performance syvecs ams t1 sheptrans

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

Congrats to John for nailing an 8.7 at 169 mph today! As many of you know, John works with many of the GTR shops and has close ties with most.  He's pretty much running something from all of us so I think it's safe to say we can all share in his success. Running hardware from AMS, Switzer/Syvecs, T1 and others, he was able to put his unique combination in the 8.7's today and running nearly 170mph.

We rented the track today to run one of our Ultimate Street Editions to get an idea on its drag strip performance after all of the updates we have made over the last few months, which netted a 9.6 at 149MPH on 93 octane pump gas, more on that later. The biggest change were the improvements we have made just recently to the Syvecs SGTR package and today was a great opportunity to test those improvements in both John's car and ours.

Switzer/Syvecs Lead Vehicle Calibrator Boyan was on hand tickling the keys on both cars and gathering valuable data all day that will end up helping everyone running Syvecs and Sheptrans hardware in the near future.

Pictures and videos are still in the midst of being sent over, so please be patient as we gather those items.

Congrats again John on a job well done!  clap.gif

Best regards from everyone here at Switzer/Syvecs!! thumb.gif

• Polivoks, Tim, ian.r and 1 other like this
"All around nice guy"

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,056 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Alright John...Congrat's

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

GtRcHaRgEr

GtRcHaRgEr

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 11-January 13

Actually Shep broke the record! 8.61@170.47!!! His best trap was 171 thats amazing! He currently is the quickest GTR in the world in the 1/4 mile. All on A12 to boot!

09 Black on Black Premium....... AMS 4.4 Stroked ALPHA 12 Powered TSM Tuned!

Polivoks

Polivoks

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,399 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

Seriously impressive work there! Congrats John!

Ricky Ricer

Ricky Ricer

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 08-March 13
  • LocationLakewood, CO
Congrats Shep!

-Rick

GTRDREAM

GTRDREAM

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12
  • LocationFort Lauderdale
That's amazing grats Shep
2009 Titanium GT-R

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

congrats shep! amazing accomplishment!

Skyliner

Skyliner

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,770 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

Congratulations!!!

Posted Image

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

8.6 is like a bus length or two over 8.9?

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

GTeeR

GTeeR

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 06-March 13
  • LocationSoFlo

Congrats Shep, awesome run!

2013 Gunmetal BE - AMS Alpha 9+, AMS forged internals, Alpha cams, Alpha induction kit and Race I/C, Shep Stage 2.5 trans, etc. 

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

Awesome!  Was hoping to see a GTR in the bottom half of the 8s this season, with Shep and Omega both moving in that direction hopefully the friendly competition will accelerate everyone's progress.  Would also like to thank you guys for crushing the self-esteem of us bolt-on owners.  In contrast to these efforts I feel like I'm driving the Smart Car version of the GTR or something.  But seriously, nice work John!

-Jeff

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

i wonder what the syvecs would do for you bolt on guys with these advancements? a stock turbo gtr couldl run high 9's for sure, and a fully modded stock turbo might net 9.5 (considering the current record is 9.77 iirc?). 

Polivoks

Polivoks

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,399 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

John is the man. Watching him work on his car through Syvecs and refine it all throughout the weekend at the 1/2 mile was enlightening. He has incredible attention to detail and very methodical approach. He's earned this for sure. Beyond that his car looks completely stock too (minus my old wheels :). I still consider Omega a street car, but closer to the KOTS street cars whereas John's car is more like a DD Alpha 12 that wants to feel OEM. It really goes to show it isn't all about power but how well you can dial it in.

• ian.r likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: switzer performance, syvecs, ams, t1, sheptrans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users