Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM Finishes up Droptopp's new ELITE Prime GT-R!

- - - - - tsm tsmftw elite prime elite service with a smile droptopp

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,119 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

Droptop’s hotrod is finally back home and ready to be enjoyed!  For those of you following this saga it has been an interesting road for him to say the least.   I am not really interested in speaking about his past failures and experiences but rather about the bright future for this great client and amazing car! 

The car came to us plagued with issues, using oil and not running correctly.   Fingers could be pointed upways, downways or crossways if we all wanted to but in the end no one wins.  Situations like this while unfortunate are sometimes the reality when lots of people are involved in one build.  I try to advise people constantly as to how much power there is in picking one shop, a shop that has proven, consistent results and stick with them!  Do not go behind their backs, do not question what they say, pay them their due profits because I promise you in the end you will not only have a much more enjoyable car but also you will absolutely save money. 

This build is a bit of a unique one.  A lot of the parts on the car were usable but Droptop wanted to change things up a bit.  While he was enjoying the car before it was lacking in a few areas when it came to drivability, spool and response.  Even being a stroker he just wanted more “fun factor” if you wanna call it that.   We talked back and forth quite a bit about it and came up with a plan without completely remodeling the entire car.

The goal was as instant boost response as made sense to keep the tire on the ground while maintaining 1400+ hp very usable.  The older 35r kit he had simply was not doing that.  

First off as most reading this probably know we needed to redo the engine.  We opted for our 4.1 stroker engine.   I can not say enough about our stroker engines and the R&D they have gone through over the years.  Lots of you may not know or remember but we were using 4.4 and 4.1 strokers back on our old school Alpha16 shop car when no one could get them to work right.  It didn’t come without it’s challenges but hey, nothing worth a shit in life does.  Over the years they have been updated to be what I consider one of the best street engines you can purchase from anyone for the GT-R. 

Our completely custom CP pistons use a different ring package than is even available for a GT-R piston.  Our rod and main bearings are machined then coated to our specs that we have found provide the longest life as well as the highest resistance to power induced failure.  The rods are Carrillo HD with just a few little tricks designed by the guys at our partner machine shop.   All in all it’s a very robust little package I’m confident will serve Droptop for quite some time. 

He also opted to add our proprietary wet sump oiling system.  This system is imperative to a high HP wet sump engine as it’s chambered design always keeps the oil pump pickup submerged in oil.  Most of the industry would be shocked to know how often air pockets get run through your engines oiling system causing all kinds of failure opportunities.  The package starts with oiling passage modifications and works it’s way to the oil pump with updates there.  If you feel I am being very vague about this particular part it’s because I most certainly am.  Hundreds and hundreds of hours and more money than I care to add up has gone into our wetsump oiling systems.  I don’t sell them without our complete long block and I don’t talk details about it publicly.   So if you wanna know more, just buy one of our engines :) LOL

With that all sorted it was on to the turbo kit.  With the goals stated above there are a few options.  I’ll talk through them a little so maybe it will help someone else interested in one of the setups. 

You have the newest G series turbos that are dubbed the “quick spool” turbos and they do that pretty well.  If we were going to do that I like the ETS kit as I feel it’s the best quality for your dollar out there.  Personally I however think the G series turbos leave a little to be desired.  While the spool seems to be ok I still don’t think it’s crazy impressive for the power they seem to lack.  But, one of those kits with a smaller turbine housing would be a fun street car for sure… there is no denying that. 

Then you could argue something like the Omega12 or the BL stock frame kit.  Both capable kits as well.  The Omega12 just isn’t capable of the power that the client was wanting however.  Remember we are trying to make over 1400hp here and that kit just won’t cut it.  It also barely spools faster than a BL or one of our Prime kits.   Great for a 1200hp street car but not what we were looking for. 

The BL kit was an option and I have no problem with that kit, except that I think ours is better LOL!  Maybe I am bias.  I personally like the Xona billet turbo charger better than the Garrett in the factory frame application.  I have tried them all and feel the Xona combination that Tial has made for us is second to none.  The drive pressure numbers on our newest ELITE Prime numbers are simply impressive.  That is something we have worked hard on as it is one of the biggest hangups of the factory frame turbo charger. 

Ok so enough babbling about turbos.  The ELITE Prime was the decisions.  But not JUST the ELITE Prime, the all new PrimeR.  The PrimeR is our new max effort turbo system.  It is a 63.9mm inducer custom wheel made for us by Xona.  It is not class legal for the 58mm classes at the two big events bur for those clients that just want the absolute best combination of spool and top end power they are simply incredible.  More information about those in another thread soon.

For the fuel system we decided to stick with the 6 injector system vs. upgrade the manifold, and lines at this time.   Later down the road Droptop will likely add the 12 injector manifold as well as a Motec to really top the car off.  We however wanted him enjoying the car for a while before then.  That said during the tuning that was most certainly the limitation of power.  I wanna make sure everyone doesn’t think that our new PrimeR make less than an all in Prime.  We simply couldn’t push it anymore as it was on the edge of the fuel system. 

All said and done the package turned out absolutely amazing!  We added some ETS 3.5” downpipes and y-pipe to get the max exhaust flow with his current cat back and assembled it with love :)

You can look at the dyno graph below but the way this thing comes up on the street is nothing short of a tire shredding animal.  Once it’s even thinking about making power you are in the seat and the car is GONE!    Just look at the torque ramp from 3500-4000 how steep it is.  With the added load of the street it’s ungodly fast.  Who needs rolling antilog! 

I’m sure Droptop will be in here and his other threads to answer any questions.  He loves 60-130s and posting data for you guys.   We are very very proud that he chose TSM to aid in putting the nightmares in the past to move forward only with wet dreams.   Thank you so much David for entrusting myself and my team to instill new life in the joy that your car brings you!   We will be here to support 24/7 as long as you need us.   Enjoy in good health sir! 

RLB_1841_zpshaed6oc1.jpg

RLB_1848_zpsh6upkpl9.jpg

RLB_1829_zps5bd30qo6.jpg

RLB_1826_zpsuueqk7hf.jpg

David%20Parr%20GTarR_zpsxy1psm89.jpeg

• Tim, celsius, EvoLewis and 9 others like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.82@179
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 2 Member

• 236 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15
What a gorgeous beast!
I am so happy for all involved.
  • Tim and droptopp like this

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

Been a while since i saw a clean CBA GTR,  funny how things come back around,  love the CBA front end.

Nice build.

• Tim, celsius, 7racer and 1 other like this

celsius

celsius

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Congratulations! Love my TSM build also! Enjoy!

Edited by celsius, 04 October 2019 - 02:54 PM.

• Tim and droptopp like this

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.)

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race @ Tx2k19

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,835 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14

POPULAR

I have not been shy to say my favorite setup was the Alpha 9. Pretty close to stock like spool and enough hp on E85 to give almost anything on the street a run for its money. I had an absolute ton of fun in that setup.

As such, I have been following the Elite program since launch and constantly see these setups cleaning up at events and more importantly on the street.

After a few setbacks with previous builds and some real candid discussion with Cicio, I decided to go back to a stock frame setup on their 4.1 billet crank stroker with a new non-class PrimeR. (Love the name by the way, feel free to send new emblems).

I am so glad I decided to make the jump and more importantly trust TSM as I was ready to throw in the towel and jump to another platform. Cicio is a completely standup guy. Told him to change anything and everything he thought was needed and he didn’t once add parts just to add parts.

The PrimeR is the real deal. Absolutely my new favorite setup. Spool is almost nonexistent and these turbos are almost as loud as my hellcat. I kept the muffled titanium rear with some fabrication help so it doesn’t piss off the neighbors.

These turbos scream, even on wastage.

Around town it is smooth and Taylor’s TCM tune is smooth in part throttle response, starts from red lights and parking lot driving.

I still cannot honestly believe these things are stock frame. Whatever secret sauce TSM has in these things they deliver more power and torque than my GTX3582R Gen II Kit and at a more useable street rpm.

Matter of fact the old setup feels like a two stroke KTM compared to these things. Absolutely no need for antilag with this setup.

Anyone looking to upgrade in this hp range would be nuts to go with any other setup. Absolutely nuts.

One of my biggest concerns over the years was having a local tuner to support the car and when Taylor remotely jumped on laptop real-time while I was driving to review data, sure made it a non-issue pretty quick.

All and all it has been a real pleasant experience working with Cicio, Taylor, Ricky and the whole crew at TSM.

I hope time will be kind to me and I look back on this thread years from now with the same smile on my face writing this.

Highlight real forthcoming

Edited by droptopp, 04 October 2019 - 05:29 PM.

• Tim, celsius, EvoLewis and 5 others like this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 2.5 Member

• 276 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationJoplin, MO

Awesome write up and glad your car is back to being better than ever!

• thehelix112 and droptopp like this

IG - NoCrustGTR

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,689 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

POPULAR

I’m happy for all involved. Dave so glad your out finally enjoying your car!  Cicio thanks for bringing back some car joy to someone who hasn’t had any lately 

• celsius, EvoLewis, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,342 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Dyno pic is busted? Car looks rad as hell.

Dave

BeijingBoostyBoy

BeijingBoostyBoy

Stock

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 13-July 19
Are you on your same intercooler? How are IATs during pulls?

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,835 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14

POPULAR

Dave

b41de607d62c9478f838327a5578b157.jpg
  • Tim, celsius, thehelix112 and 2 others like this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,835 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14

It’s a different Intercooler from the first 3582 setup. I’ll have to ask Cicio/Taylor. Have a feeling no issues otherwise would have been changed - they had carte blanche.
  • BeijingBoostyBoy likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,342 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Dave

Wow that is impressive.

Dave
  • Tim, celsius and droptopp like this

mc173

mc173

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 11-May 19
  • LocationCincinnati

Awesome build and great write up.  Very impressive!  Any idea what max effort is for these PrimeRs?

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,119 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

Awesome build and great write up.  Very impressive!  Any idea what max effort is for these PrimeRs?

I have a really good "idea" but I will KNOW next week as I'm putting a set on a build here that should show it first hand.

So instead of coulda shoulda woulda... I'll let you guys know when I have proof :) 

• Tim, celsius, EvoLewis and 2 others like this

~Cicio

-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,119 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

I don't know what intercooler is on the car honestly but it was a bit of a restriction.  The reason I didn't mention or replace it was because the 6 injector was a similar limitation.   No need to fix one bottle neck if you aren't gonna fix them all.   I wanted David to have his car back, enjoy it.. then decide if he wanted to go all out Motec, 12 injector and intercooler. 

• Tim, celsius, ghostrider and 2 others like this

~Cicio

-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

mc173

mc173

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 11-May 19
  • LocationCincinnati

I have a really good "idea" but I will KNOW next week as I'm putting a set on a build here that should show it first hand.

So instead of coulda shoulda woulda... I'll let you guys know when I have proof :)

:thumbup:

• thehelix112 likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,689 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

I don't know what intercooler is on the car honestly but it was a bit of a restriction.  The reason I didn't mention or replace it was because the 6 injector was a similar limitation.   No need to fix one bottle neck if you aren't gonna fix them all.   I wanted David to have his car back, enjoy it.. then decide if he wanted to go all out Motec, 12 injector and intercooler. 

Dave do you here what the man is saying

• ghostrider and droptopp like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,689 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Yeah buddy,you got almost 100ft lbs of Tq than me........It’s fucking nuts isn’t it.    :D

• celsius and droptopp like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,835 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
On a stock frame Tim - crazy to think that and I’m betting I could have picked up another 75-100hp going to 12 injectors.

Why is it when you get turn onto an on ramp to a highway do these cars make you feel like a fat kid with cake ?

Edited by droptopp, 05 October 2019 - 10:38 AM.

• thehelix112 likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,342 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Lol. This is pretty nuts. Exciting to see. Drive it to CA so you can take me for a spin. :-) or, one day I will have to visit tsm. I get the sense I'll end up poorer quickly if I do that.

Dave
  • Tim, 7racer and droptopp like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tsm, tsmftw, elite prime, elite, service with a smile, droptopp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users