Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Porsche GT3 Brake Ducts installed

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

New brake cooling air deflectors coming from Alex in Germany very soon. He sent me some prototype pics. Look like the best ones yet that mount to the front sway bar. We shall see how effective they are, but he says very effective, but coming from Europe and priced in Euros, not going to be cheap.

• 7racer, thehelix112 and elf_cruiser like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,777 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

New brake cooling air deflectors coming from Alex in Germany very soon. He sent me some prototype pics. Look like the best ones yet that mount to the front sway bar. We shall see how effective they are, but he says very effective, but coming from Europe and priced in Euros, not going to be cheap.

is he the same guy that makes the fender vents?

Do you have pics? or a link?

• thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

gtrguyinaz

gtrguyinaz

Stage 1 Member

• 117 posts
  • Joined 26-April 17
  • LocationEast Valley, Phoenix

The Porsche cooling ducts due work and the costs is the best part.....Must be installed on stock sway bars......

v3n0m

v3n0m

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

The Porsche cooling ducts due work and the costs is the best part.....Must be installed on stock sway bars......

I installed it on my forged bars.  Seem to be fine.

sam2avila

sam2avila

Stage 1 Member

• 115 posts
  • Joined 08-March 15

Been a rough couple of years Tim. Let my GT-R go, and buried both my son and my father within 16 months. Don't wanna rain on anybody's parade though.

I miss you guys. I DO NOT miss brakes on a car that goes 160 on the back stretch of VIR that has NO adequate cooling solution. At all. I miss my GT-R overall, but the brakes....NOPE.

I use STOCK M5 pads at VIR. STOCK. And they brake almost as well as my GT-R brakes at VIR. And they last two full events.

Shawn

Hey Shawn, what speed do you usually drop to from 160? Just want to have some sort of perspective.

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,793 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Hey Shawn, thanks for sharing and I’m really sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you and your family the best.
  • elf_cruiser likes this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,103 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Hey Shawn, what speed do you usually drop to from 160? Just want to have some sort of perspective.

Back stretch of VIR, 163 to 80 in one brake zone M5

157 to 90 in GT-R (GT-R turned a little better at the top of the carousel).

Does that make the perspective?

Shawn

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,103 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Hey Shawn, thanks for sharing and I’m really sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you and your family the best.

Thanks brother. A lot of “my family” has gone kerpoof as a result of multiple facets of this disaster. Death of a child is hard to handle properly, especially when there’s a lot of finger pointing.

So don’t wanna be a Debbie downer. Love all you guys, and check in on you whenever I find time. Still have my track GT-R hardware “just in case” that unicorn 2015 Nismo drops in my lap with good brakes.

Shawn
  • Tim, thehelix112, descartesfool and 1 other like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,632 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

As always  Shawn good to hear from you. Your always welcome here :)

• droptopp likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Sorry to hear about your loss Shawn. I lost a child too, many years ago now, so I can totally relate. Always nice when you check in.

• Tim and droptopp like this

sam2avila

sam2avila

Stage 1 Member

• 115 posts
  • Joined 08-March 15

Back stretch of VIR, 163 to 80 in one brake zone M5

157 to 90 in GT-R (GT-R turned a little better at the top of the carousel).

Does that make the perspective?

Shawn

Yes it does, that's pretty heavy braking. Thanks Shawn.

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss, take it easy man.

Sam

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,103 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Sorry to hear about your loss Shawn. I lost a child too, many years ago now, so I can totally relate. Always nice when you check in.

Yeah, that one will stick for a long long time. I’ve watched a lot of people die, and the fallout after. Nothing compares to a child. And when it was under traumatic circumstances with a lot of blame to spread around it just makes it worse. Blaming things on the Great I Am is a lot easier when it’s no ones fault but fate or “it was their time” or just some terrible mutation. So you also have my sympathy.

That being said, I miss this community. We had something really really special in 2009, so far ahead of everyone else. It’s still a hell of a car even ten years later. But it prompted a lot of “catching up” amongst the other manufacturers.

Every car I see that fits my tastes for track benefitted from the GT-R in some way, including the one I have now. So I still see my GT-R in small ways on what I have now. And the stock brake ventilation on the M5 has to be a lesson learned.

I still look you guys over with some envy from time to time. I remember when mindlessoath used to muse about 2000hp GT-R’s and we used to giggle. Not so funny now.

Shawn
  • 7racer, thehelix112 and droptopp like this

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 536 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Saw him post his kit on one of GTR FB groups. 600+ euro for USA customers, 700+ for EU (with VAT). And I thought bulletproof ones were priced ridiculously at $400... holy GTR tax!

is he the same guy that makes the fender vents?

Do you have pics? or a link?

Yep, that’s him.

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 536 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
Here’s a link http://www.importrac...eftung-r35-gtr/

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users