Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upgrade consideration

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

archan

archan

Stock

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19

Hi,

I am currently sitting with the following setup:
Wagner Competition Intercooler
EFR 69/58 turbo with OEM manifold.
AMS Alpha rods (Manley)
AMS Alpha pistons (Manley)
HKS M45HL sparkplugs
OEM head gasket
Kelford camshafts (AMS spec)
Ferrea springs
ASNU fuel rail
Aeromotive external fuel pressure regulator
1050 cc Injector Dynamics, ID1050x
ASNU Battleship fuel system w/ 2 pumps
Hardwire kit for fuel pumps
Boost pipekit (50% larger than MY15 OEM)
Flexfuel kit

Downpipes 80 mm
Y-pipe custom built 2x76mm to 90mm
Cat back 90mm exhaust
Intakes 76mm with open K&N filters
GFB Blow off valves, Respons TMS
GT1R catch-can
4bar MAP sensor no speed density kit
Ecutek ECM/TCM

Gearbox: Complete Dodson build including FWD-clutch

I am considering upgrading to ID1700X injectors for full E85 tuning.
Current injectors max out at around E35 in summer conditions.

However I am already making ~1000 crank HP (we love crank HP figures in Europe...) so I am doubting I will be picking up much additional power from going E85 as I believe the turbos are close to their max.

So, what do you think.
1) Is it worth going ID1700X on current setup? Guesstimated gains?
2) If swapping turbos, what should I go for to keep a good spool but still make the upgrade worthwhile?

My own thoughts at the moment is to go for ID1700X and Linney's GT3576-kit (http://www.linneytun...76-58mm1200whp/) as I am afraid the GT3076's wont be much of an upgrade.

Note: I want OEM manifold turbos to make the swap easy. I'd also like to keep current downpipes if possible.

Please note that I am Europe based so US-alternatives are highly unlikely due to the massive additional customs and tax costs.

Edited by archan, 12 September 2019 - 01:50 AM.

• Tim likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,830 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
You can’t just ship out your cores to TSM and have them ship you back the elite prime ?

Ship it out as a repair and powder coat and pay the duties/tarrifs on just the repair and powder ?
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

archan

archan

Stock

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19

That's an interesting option. Only risk then would be if something happens during shipping since the cargo wouldn't be properly insured I guess.

Trying to talk myself out of upgrading but damn all these great build threads man...

• Tim and droptopp like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,830 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Wait until you see the primes on a 4.1 dyno plot lol.
  • Tim and archan like this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

get bigger injectors go e85 you will make more power not through more air from the turbos but with more ignition timing, if still not satisfied go for bigger turbos.

greetings,

Robert

• Tim and archan like this

archan

archan

Stock

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
Thank you for the comment 5ive. That's a good idea tbh. The season is basically over here so dont need to rush either.

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 488 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
E85 with appropriate tune and supporting mods has more power everywhere in the power band. That makes for a much more fun car to drive.
  • Tim likes this
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Ricky@TSM

Ricky@TSM

Stock

• Vendors
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 08-January 18
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

That's an interesting option. Only risk then would be if something happens during shipping since the cargo wouldn't be properly insured I guess.

Trying to talk myself out of upgrading but damn all these great build threads man...

We have a lot of experience shipping everything from turbos, engines, whole cars, and even our own techs worldwide. I'm sure we could help work something out in terms of shipping!

On the other side of things it would definitely be worthwhile to upgrade your injectors.

• Tim likes this

Ricky Biancardi
General Manager - GA
ricky@topspeedmotorsports.com
48859864662_414fc69666_c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users