Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super nice small battery impact wrenches from Milwaukee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

POPULAR

I recently bought a few new M12 fuel battery tools from Milwaukee and I thought I would share how much I like them as I am a bit of a tool junkie. The latest one I bought being their stubby 3/8" impact, and the best of all so far. Super nice and powerful considering the size. It is rated at 250 ft-lbs, and I used it to remove the wheel nuts on my AMG GT-S which are 14 mm and hand torqued to 135 ft-lbs, and the new impact removed them, which was amazing. It is so small and light. It did take a moment to get them off, so not as fast as my brutish 1/2" 755 ft-lbs Dewalt, but so much lighter. I then used it to do a full brake job on my GT-R to swap rotors with caliper removal and it is just great.

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

You can see how small it is in the hand.

IMG_1225.JPG

One of the great features of the impacts is the power selector, where one is just to torque the fastener till it is barely tight, but in that setting for removal it is at full torque. The other settings, 1 to 3 are for various RPMs and thus more and more tightening torque.

IMG_1221.JPG

I also have a 3/8" ratchet and their 1/4" impact. Models are

2554-20 for the 3/8" impact

2552-20 for the 1/4" impact

and 2457-20 for the 3/8" ratchet

IMG_1227.JPG

I do a lots of car work on my 5 cars, so these are now getting a lot of use and they are super nice. I bought all of mine as individual tools with no batteries and then I got a charger/battery combo.

Highly recommended.

• Tim, 7racer, droptopp and 2 others like this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 472 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
Thanks for the share!

My Ryobi 18v, although rated to 250+ lb/ft can't even remove my lug nuts torqued to 110lb/ft. Almost useless.
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,585 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
That is a nice little piece
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I recently bought a few new M12 fuel battery tools from Milwaukee and I thought I would share how much I like them as I am a bit of a tool junkie. The latest one I bought being their stubby 3/8" impact, and the best of all so far. Super nice and powerful considering the size. It is rated at 250 ft-lbs, and I used it to remove the wheel nuts on my AMG GT-S which are 14 mm and hand torqued to 135 ft-lbs, and the new impact removed them, which was amazing. It is so small and light. It did take a moment to get them off, so not as fast as my brutish 1/2" 755 ft-lbs Dewalt, but so much lighter. I then used it to do a full brake job on my GT-R to swap rotors with caliper removal and it is just great.

attachicon.gif IMG_1228.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_1223.JPG

You can see how small it is in the hand.

attachicon.gif IMG_1225.JPG

One of the great features of the impacts is the power selector, where one is just to torque the fastener till it is barely tight, but in that setting for removal it is at full torque. The other settings, 1 to 3 are for various RPMs and thus more and more tightening torque.

attachicon.gif IMG_1221.JPG

I also have a 3/8" ratchet and their 1/4" impact. Models are

2554-20 for the 3/8" impact

2552-20 for the 1/4" impact

and 2457-20 for the 3/8" ratchet

attachicon.gif IMG_1227.JPG

I do a lots of car work on my 5 cars, so these are now getting a lot of use and they are super nice. I bought all of mine as individual tools with no batteries and then I got a charger/battery combo.

Highly recommended.

Hey descartefool!

that impact looks awesome.  Tons of good reviews....and there are some Labor Day sales.

do you have both the 3/6 and 1/2 rachet tool?  how do you like those?

also I see the M12 comes with a 4ah or 2 ah. Do you like the lighter one?

In7anity!!

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Hey descartefool!

that impact looks awesome.  Tons of good reviews....and there are some Labor Day sales.

do you have both the 3/6 and 1/2 rachet tool?  how do you like those?

also I see the M12 comes with a 4ah or 2 ah. Do you like the lighter one?

I have the 1/4 and 3/8 stubby impacts and their 3/8 ratchet. For the stubby impacts I like the 4ah because you can then stand the tools up on the battery as in my first picture. For the ratchet I like the 2 ah because it's more compact. I also have a big 1/2 Dewalt DCF899B impact with 3 position torque that can do 700 ft-bs I think, and I like it a lot for lug nuts in particular because it is very fast to get them off but it is pretty heavy and too big for most other stuff, so wherever possible I use the smaller M12 Milwaukees.

• 7racer likes this

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,640 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

+1 Recommend these as well. They are the best battery powered tools i've owned and super lightweight. Almost as good as air powered but not quite. Definitely gets the jobs done.

If you wait until Black Friday there will be some sweet deals on the Milwaukee FUEL line.

20190901_055218.jpg

• 7racer likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

looks like they are coming out with a longer one mid September

https://www.homedepo...60-21/310914562

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

+1 Recommend these as well. They are the best battery powered tools i've owned and super lightweight. Almost as good as air powered but not quite. Definitely gets the jobs done.

If you wait until Black Friday there will be some sweet deals on the Milwaukee FUEL line.

attachicon.gif 20190901_055218.jpg

cool! not in a Rush

In7anity!!

archan

archan

Stock

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
I can just concur. Great tools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users