Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Time to take things up a notch - TSM Race/Elite Prime build (DIY)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

celsius

celsius

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Cool, I didn’t see it in the first video.....can’t wait til Taylor gets you all turned up!

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.)

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race @ Tx2k19

colo_evo

colo_evo

Stage 1 Member

• 149 posts
  • Joined 20-September 16
Sweet! Thats a relief when everyting goes smooth like that.

I always get neverous before first cranking a new engine. But the relief you have when it fires, builds oil pressure and doesnt make any funny sounds is great.

Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

Sweet! Thats a relief when everyting goes smooth like that.

I always get neverous before first cranking a new engine. But the relief you have when it fires, builds oil pressure and doesnt make any funny sounds is great.

It was definitely a great feeling!

Still amazed that Taylor @ TSM can take a few specs from an email and send a tune file that starts up and purrs that smooth on a 1st engine fire up

It was so uneventful I wasn't sure what to do while it warmed up so I just stood around lol

• Tim, celsius and droptopp like this

mathef

mathef

Stage 1 Member

• 106 posts
  • Joined 27-October 16
Looking good! Get them miles in now…

-Ecutek 7(Linney Tuned), TSM 3.8L,  TSM Elite Plus Turbos, FWM FPM Kit, Linney Ultimate Race IC with short route piping, Fabworx Valvetronic Exhaust, Ported Intake manifolds, Linney Billet Throttle Bodies, Ferea Valve Train, Tomei Cams, AMS Fuel Rail Kit, Fore Triple Pump (485s) Hardwired, ID 1700cc injectors, Flex Fuel, Jacks Drag 1000 (braced), Syvecs AWD Controller

archan

archan

Stock

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
Congrats! The stats looks good, at least to a rookie like me.

Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

Looking good! Get them miles in now…

Actually I just have to put it on the trailer next week, TSM and Taylor are going to handle the break in on the dyno along with the tuning

• celsius likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,911 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Probably be close to being the same week as you.

Good luck.
  • Tim and celsius like this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

Probably be close to being the same week as you.

Good luck.

That'd be pretty sweet!  Lots of Elite Prime setups coming out this year I'm sure!

• Tim, celsius and droptopp like this

TeKiZeRo

TeKiZeRo

Stock

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 16-June 15

Any update? :)

• Tim likes this

Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

Any update? :)

Still the same plan of break in and tuning on the TSM dyno Monday the 16th.

Cars ready to go

Attached Images

• 20190914_095645.jpg
  • 20190914_025930.jpg

• Tim, thehelix112, droptopp and 1 other like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,424 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Nice. What intakes are those?

Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

Nice. What intakes are those?

Boostlogic 3.5" titanium
  • Tim and thehelix112 like this

TeKiZeRo

TeKiZeRo

Stock

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 16-June 15

Nice!  Excited to hear your impressions :).

Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

POPULAR

This was one of the best automotive related days I've ever had. I'm going to save posting the results for the drive home tomorrow to keep me entertained :P, but I had to share something after coming down off the high of spending all day at TSM.

My buddy and I drove 13.5hrs down from Kansas City to Alpharetta on Sunday and everything went really smooth on the drive.

Today we left our hotel ~15 min from TSM at 8:45am. On the drive Ricky from TSM called to confirm the dyno appointment - everything was set up and ready to go! That may seem like a small thing, but in the world of modified cars it's not uncommon for rescheduling or unexpected scenarios. It was a great feeling to know everything was already going as planned.

We arrived and TSM helped unload the car, looked it over and got it strapped down.

Taylor was amazing - seriously the nicest tuner I've ever met. He started working the car through the break in paces and we got to hang out and be part of the dyno experience the whole day. He'd walk over and talk about what he was doing with the car, how things were going, etc. There were a few times we went back into the office for water or work phone calls and he'd come in and let us know he was about to do another pull. I've always tried to give tuners their space since most in the industry across all platforms are fairly impersonal and short, but he was the complete opposite. I don't think I've ever had so much fun during a tuning appointment. He took the full day to dial everything in and was extremely accommodating to my input on how I preferred the car to be tuned. For a DIY guy that has no business putting down wrenches and tuning a car, I got to really feel like I was part of that process today.

Smiles from ear to ear all day. Can't wait to write more on a laptop and share results.

Attached Images

• 20190916_133823.jpg
  • 20190916_164717.jpg

• Tim, celsius, 7racer and 3 others like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,911 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Great stuff !!! I was looking for my car in your pics haha.
  • Tim likes this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

celsius

celsius

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Congratulations Jeff! I totally agree and I too can’t say enough good things about Taylor! His tuning skills are top notch but he remains Super humble and ALWAYS willing to answer questions! The same can be said about the entire TSM team!
  • Tim, thehelix112 and droptopp like this

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.)

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race @ Tx2k19

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,848 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

congrats!!!

In7anity!!

archan

archan

Stock

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
Nice to hear about your experience! Very excited to hear driving impressions and power.

Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

Great stuff !!! I was looking for my car in your pics haha.

It was hanging out with all the 991 turbos 🤤
  • Tim likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,911 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14

It was hanging out with all the 991 turbos

Atleast it’s not slumming it

So 1450 on E85 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users