Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Solved: P26DE CEL code

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Hey guys. Got an odd issue I thought I’ll like to keep you all posted. Also interested to hear what you guys think might be wrong.

So at the racetrack my car went limp mode and the service engine soon light came on. Pit in and read the code as p26de. I quickly googled what it meant and some says it is the sound symposer (which I thought is stupid as to why they will put the car on limp) OR the factory titanium exhaust Valvetronic.

Makes more sense the Valvetronic issue will cut power so I start removing the actuator and check the valve mechanisms at the track and they all are moving just fine. It is here I noticed that after clearing my code and with the exhaust sound control off (open valve) the car doesn’t throw the code. Closing the valve however throws the code in 5secs

I gave up trying to figure it out and drive it on the track after clearing the code. After 10 minutes on track the CEL came back and limp again. I did it again so I can drive another 10min on track. It’s frustrating. Kinda embarrassing that a car I just gotten has malfunctioned severely.

So next day comes along and I’m diagnosing it myself as service appointment is 1 week away. Found out if I start the car and set something to R mode before I drive, the CEL and limp doesn’t come on within a 10min drive (didn’t drive longer) However if I do not put R mode before I drive the CEL and limp comes on shortly consistently

I suspect there is a glitch in the matrix with the sound symposer system. Cleaned the mic’s, tried taping it, and nothing seems to work. As stated earlier I did briefly physically check the valvetronics at the track.

UPDATED: Nissan tech determines Exhaust Sound Control valve actuator is giving bad signals back to control unit as I expected

TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: clear code. Turn off vehicle. Wait 10 sec. start vehicle with exhaust sound control off (open valve). Wait 10sec. Put anything on R mode. Enjoy 😉

Edited by GT-ARR, 14 August 2019 - 09:54 AM.

• Tim and ThomasSax like this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Same issue for me. Not solved yet.

http://www.gtrherita...broken-in-2019/

• Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,585 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Same issue for me. Not solved yet.

http://www.gtrherita...broken-in-2019/

Thanks for linking them:)
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Thanks for linking. I suspect something to do with the valve actuator being faulty and giving bad signals back OR faulty head unit. I turned off the ANC and ASC (noise cancellation & Sound enhancement) through the head unit and the same conditions still bring up the CEL. Best guess is still bad signals coming from Valve Actuator although I did verified the valve is physically working (opening and closing)
  • Tim likes this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Dealership worked on my car and found the exhaust Valve to be giving bad signals or feedback to the Control unit as I expected. Warranty work underway to have it replaced. Guess how much that valve unit cost? I give you a hint it is 4 digits in Canadian

Edited by GT-ARR, 12 August 2019 - 06:13 PM.

• Tim and 7racer like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
Geesh!

In7anity!!

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,585 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
4 digits. WOW

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
It’s borderline 5 digits. 9400 Canadian for a actuator. Omfg right? The advisor is like guess how much I said 2k was my guess.

Maybe if someone else have this issue and out of warranty should get a Cobb to ignore that code or something. (I think Cobb has the feature from what I heard)

Advisor said he witnessed another GTR with only 30Km that has to do the same warranty claim

Edited by GT-ARR, 13 August 2019 - 10:14 AM.

• Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,585 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

It’s borderline 5 digits. 9400 Canadian for a actuator. Omfg right? The advisor is like guess how much I said 2k was my guess.

Maybe if someone else have this issue and out of warranty should get a Cobb to ignore that code or something. (I think Cobb has the feature from what I heard)

Advisor said he witnessed another GTR with only 30Km that has to do the same warranty claim

That’s a lot of coin

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 532 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

What?! Ninety-four hundred for a freaking exhaust valve that 99% of owners would’ve deleted, had lack of it not put the car into limp mode?!!!

Edited by haul s, 16 August 2019 - 08:37 PM.

• Tim likes this

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 1,039 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15
9400 Canadian is fucking insane. That’s enough to do turbo back titanium exhaust and leave a nice chunk of money left over.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,288 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Fuck that in the arse dry.

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
When I had the actuator in my hands when I removed it to check what’s wrong, I should had told myself it is not an actuator, it’s a piece of gold nugget!

So is there a way to remove or delete it without throwing a CEL? Can Cobb AP make the car ignore the code or ignore monitoring the exhaust valve?

Edited by GT-ARR, 18 August 2019 - 12:59 AM.

• Tim likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,749 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14

9400 Canadian is fucking insane. That’s enough to do turbo back titanium exhaust and leave a nice chunk of money left over.

Or a set of FP greens and a legamax - these prices are amazing. Shame someone from high up the mgmt chain doesn’t hear about this nonsense.

Edited by droptopp, 18 August 2019 - 01:41 AM.

TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

d-pak

d-pak

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 102 posts
  • Joined 24-October 13

Wow. Not sure what is worse. the cost of the actuator or the fact that removing it throws a CEL which puts the car into limp mode. If I am understanding this correctly its function is purely exhaust sound. 

I am assuming that the actuator is feeding the ECU and if there is no signal then the ECU assumes actuator is stuck closed and therefore takes preventive measures to disallow WOT full engine operation assuming restriction in exhaust flow. I am also assuming the same signal feeds the Bose system to decide how much sound to cancel/pump into the speakers. Would disabling ANC, ASC http://www.gtrherita...ise#entry135851help?

Other fix could be removing and putting appropriate resistor to let ecu "think" its open.

DIY Guides Related to my GT-R Projects --> http://gtrtech.blogspot.com

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19

Wow. Not sure what is worse. the cost of the actuator or the fact that removing it throws a CEL which puts the car into limp mode. If I am understanding this correctly its function is purely exhaust sound.

I am assuming that the actuator is feeding the ECU and if there is no signal then the ECU assumes actuator is stuck closed and therefore takes preventive measures to disallow WOT full engine operation assuming restriction in exhaust flow. I am also assuming the same signal feeds the Bose system to decide how much sound to cancel/pump into the speakers. Would disabling ANC, ASC http://www.gtrherita...ise#entry135851help?

Other fix could be removing and putting appropriate resistor to let ecu "think" its open.

You are right on the money there. Disabling ANC and ASC didn’t do crap for me

Sorry to say this guys but the new valve is giving issues again. Same deal. It happened during track day again. My theory is the extremely hot exhaust might damage or somehow cause the actuator to give wrong values back to ECU. I’ll have to look up if there is a delete kit or not because this is annoying.

Edited by GT-ARR, 25 August 2019 - 04:29 PM.

• Tim and thehelix112 like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,585 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
I’m really sry to here honestly this but for 9400 there are a lot quality exhaust out there that flow good and make great[owner fora whole lot less money....I have 4 inch ETS and am quite happy with it

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

You are right on the money there. Disabling ANC and ASC didn’t do crap for me

Sorry to say this guys but the new valve is giving issues again. Same deal. It happened during track day again. My theory is the extremely hot exhaust might damage or somehow cause the actuator to give wrong values back to ECU. I’ll have to look up if there is a delete kit or not because this is annoying.

So did you have the valve replaced at the dealer under warranty and the new one is giving the same issues as before? have you contacted the dealer again to let them know?

• Tim likes this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19

So did you have the valve replaced at the dealer under warranty and the new one is giving the same issues as before? have you contacted the dealer again to let them know?

Not sure if there is a point contacting and going through the process again. Planning to get a valve actuator delete kit. That will make my track days more reliable and enjoyable
  • Tim likes this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Just to update you folks. CEL was thrown whilst driving on the highway only today. Car didn’t go limp but the good old P26DE was there. Going to contact dealer and get another warranty going again since the code is staying after car is reset.

To recap this is the replacement actuator that is giving problems. Looks like the actuator can be damaged by heat (likely) after 1 track day
  • thehelix112 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users