Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MAPerformance 3.5" exhaust review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

JohnnyTSi

JohnnyTSi

Stock

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 16-March 19
  • LocationEverett, WA
My goal was to reduce backpressure without increasing exhaust noise, the stock catback on my car was a bit annoying at cruise with a mid pitched drone. My car already had Cobb Down Pipes and Mid Pipe with a Borla Resonator. I read everything I could find about aftermarket catback systems and listened to lots of sound clips trying to decide what to buy.

Several of the local GT-Rs also helped eliminate some options

Nismo 3.5" unmuffled = pretty loud Sounds excellent but would probably draw too much attention for a daily.
SBD 4" Race = holy shit thats loud!! The sound is amazing on this, just not for a daily driver WAY too loud!
I also talked to a local with a Meisterschaft it sounded great - but again, just much louder than I wanted!

As I already had DP and Mid-Pipe I was looking for just a cat-back system. The HKS Legamax was in the running, (Thanks majj35 for the excellent audio clips) but its smaller diameter kept me from buying it. I kept looking at the ARMYTRIX for the best of all worlds but my cc squeaked every time I looked at their web site!

I finally settled on the MAP 3.5" stainless muffled version to match the diameter of my Cobb Mid Pipe.
  • Shipping was quick
  • the tig welds look good
  • the brackets have extra bracing with extra long welds on both sides of the rod for strength
  • Fitment was good - no drama with rubbing or rattles. I did have to loosen and re-tighten the V-Band and front flange bolts a couple times to get it to mate flush, but once in the right position fit as expected.
  • And the best part is the sound. The 3.5" pipe dropped the note much lower than the stock exhaust. I also see that my fuel trims say It is now flowing more air than the stock exhaust!
The end result was exactly what I wanted, less drone and overall cabin noise AND better flow. I did some before/after measurements using Androsensor App on my Galaxy S9 phone.

Capture.JPG

John-

• Tim likes this

Beautiful Blue FBO 2013 R35 GTR

655/638tq Daily Driven street thrasher!

Cobb 3" Intakes
SBD Race Intercooler with TiAL QR BOVs

Cobb catted Down Pipes
Cobb mid pipe modded with a Borla resonator
MAP Muffled 3.5" cat back
ASNU 330 pumps
id1300x2 injectors
Visconti Flex Fuel kit
Omni 4bar Map sensor kit
Cobb Fuel Pressure sensor kit
Torque Solution Maf Block-off Plates

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,704 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Looks similar to the HKS legamax - assuming windows up. Congrats.

Edited by droptopp, 01 August 2019 - 04:36 PM.

GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,512 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Congrats on your purchase!!
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users