Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Got code P26DE on my just broken-in 2019

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

gtrfeh

gtrfeh

Stock

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 01-July 18
  • LocationIL
I got this code in my 17 GTR after a track day. I was driving back home and stopped to gas up. Fired the car up and got the CEL.

I reset it later that evening and hasn’t come back since. Drove the car in R modes and without.

Hopefully flashing with a Cobb AP map will get rid of this exhaust valve functionality so that I can get an aftermarket exhaust without having to resort to a physical mod for the flapper.

'17 GT-R, Jet Black, Rakuda Tan, stock

'17 911 Carrera S

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,103 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I am sorry to hear about this descartesfool.  I have been very envious of you new 2019 GT-R guys.  This makes me feel a little better about my choices.  But still a cool car.  I hope the delete solution sorts it.

cheers my brother from the North.

Shawn

• thehelix112 and elf_cruiser like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,026 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Flappy piece of metal - $9000. Yeah that makes sense 🤦‍♂️

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Yes, the price of it is indeed insane. Simply outrageous for what it is. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Perhaps a ducting solution to keep the actuator cooler might work as well.

Amazing Nissan would make such a stupid design error to have a part fail under high heat conditions for seemingly a lot of people. Did they not test the car at speed? Some engineering group needs to get their fingers slapped and then Nissan needs to offer a recall.

• thehelix112 and elf_cruiser like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,026 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Yes, the price of it is indeed insane. Simply outrageous for what it is. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Perhaps a ducting solution to keep the actuator cooler might work as well.

Amazing Nissan would make such a stupid design error to have a part fail under high heat conditions for seemingly a lot of people. Did they not test the car at speed? Some engineering group needs to get their fingers slapped and then Nissan needs to offer a recall.

2014 was the last year they built the car for performance. Aside from the Nismo, the base model car has been getting softer since then. They probably didn’t figure on anyone taking it to the track, heh...
  • thehelix112 likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

HeeRow

HeeRow

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 08-April 18
Well, code popped up again. I’m not resetting the code this time. Taking it to the dealership to get replaced.

And need to replace the RRR switches for a burned out LED.

And now having issues with the driver side window switch not being able to roll up the passenger window.

Car is only 2.5 years old and having these little issues is annoying.
  • Tim, 7racer and droptopp like this

gtrfeh

gtrfeh

Stock

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 01-July 18
  • LocationIL

I just ordered the valve delete box/bracket from Armytrix for $80. I spoke to the product manager and he said it works out of the box for 90% of 2017-2019 GTR's and that for the other 10% that still throw a code, a simple adjustment listed in the installation instructions takes care of it.

https://www.armytrix...BiABEgJw4fD_BwE

attachicon.gif Armytrixusa valve delete bottom view.jpg

One detaches the electronic actuator from the muffler valve section shown in one of my previous pics and mounts it to this bracket which duplicates the limit-stop positions of the actual valve, while leaving the actuator connected to the ECU. The assembly has to be mounted out of the heat area near the muffler.

Anyone wonder why Armytrix charges $100 shipping for this valve? I’m hesitant to order because of this. It’s a small $80 part.

'17 911 Carrera S

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Anyone wonder why Armytrix charges $100 shipping for this valve? I’m hesitant to order because of this. It’s a small $80 part.

I checked shipping to me in Canada from them via USPS and it was $26.95 with a pre-paid box and they agreed to that.

gtrfeh

gtrfeh

Stock

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 01-July 18
  • LocationIL

I checked shipping to me in Canada from them via USPS and it was $26.95 with a pre-paid box and they agreed to that.

I ended up deciding not to live with this issue down the road and just got and Akra exhaust and a tune. No more workaround needed. Much better, the flapper bothered me and made the car too quiet when not in R mode.

Edited by gtrfeh, 06 October 2019 - 05:50 AM.

• 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

'17 911 Carrera S

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I ended up deciding not to live with this issue down the road and just got and Akra exhaust and a tune. No more workaround needed. Much better, the flapper bothered me and made the car too quiet when not in R mode.

Mine's a 2019. Can't be tuned due to new ECU and no support for tuning yet, so I have to live with it.

• 7racer likes this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Just an update on my situation. The dealer spoke to Nissan and they recommend a jumper solution. The techs have to require and bypass some stuff. They say if the code happens again they have to replace a computer. Idk what they are bypassing or which computer they might replace as I didn’t ask details and really didn’t care much as long as it’s fixed
  • Tim, 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,103 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Mine's a 2019. Can't be tuned due to new ECU and no support for tuning yet, so I have to live with it.

It’s this kind of bullshit that made me okay with turning away from such an awesome car.

Shawn
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,632 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I believe Eku-Tek is going to have that figured out shortly.

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users