Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Got code P26DE on my just broken-in 2019

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Car actually went into some kind of limp mode, and then power came back after a few minutes of driving. Got a friend's code reader and it turned up as P26DE in module $07E8. We cleared the code and then it was OK for the next 30 minutes, but it came back again, but no limp mode this time. Left the code in and drive home about 5 hours with the Service Engine Soon light on the dash but no effect on driverability. I parked the car for about 10 days I think as I was busy with other stuff and when I fired it up again for the first time the code had cleared itself. The car is my new 2019 Premium GT-R, all stock of course, and going to the dealer shortly as soon as I book an appointment.

All I could find about the code is possibly exhaust muffler valve? Anyone know about it?

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,303 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
My googling turns up that as the likely source too. I wonder what that valve controls.. Is it possible it wasn't in limp it was just down on power due to the valve staying shut?

HeeRow

HeeRow

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 08-April 18
Glitch in the exhaust valve.

I had it, reset the code and it worked fine.

In talking to the tech, he said just bring it in to replace the valve if it happens again. Nissan now has the valves available to replace. I’m sure it will take them some time to get it, but it’s covered under warranty.

—H
  • Tim, thehelix112 and descartesfool like this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Glitch in the exhaust valve.

I had it, reset the code and it worked fine.

In talking to the tech, he said just bring it in to replace the valve if it happens again. Nissan now has the valves available to replace. I’m sure it will take them some time to get it, but it’s covered under warranty.

—H

Going to my dealer tomorrow, so I will let him know what you said. My code came back after reset, so I will just tell tech to get a new valve so it doesn't happen again, hopefully. I had endless problems with the AFM exhaust valves on my 2014 C7 Z51 and had to sell the car because GM had no fix to stop them from failing due to excess heat destroying the valve actuators.

• Tim likes this

Jon H

Jon H

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 102 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Any updates?

My '17 goes into limp mode randomly under WOT. Not coming up with any codes though. Might be my e-tune.

• Tim likes this

2017 GT-R

2015 GT3 (Sold)

2013 GT-R (Sold)

BW CW13 - 1:50.6 https://youtu.be/CFau6MhJHa4

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

2019's can't be tuned at the moment due to having a newer ECU than prior years.

I took my 2019 to the dealer and they did the first POS and I talked to the head tech about my P26DE code and they checked the car out and said that since the code had cleared itself, but that it was still stored, and that after clearing they could not duplicate the fault condition, they did not do anything except the troubleshooting procedure from the manual which is to check wiring and grounds and they found no fault. Tech said they have not replaced any parts relating to that code yet.

So I am expecting it to return again and get car to go into limp mode once more. 

• Tim, 7racer and Jon H like this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I had the same code and limp mode come up again this weekend. I cleared it once with my new Autel scanner, and it came back, with limp mode the second time. That limp mode is dangerous as you go to a dead crawl almost and risk having someone hitting you from behind. The limp mode clears itself after some random time, but CEL stays on. So I booked it into the dealer and took it in this morning. The code was still in the ECU but the CEL had cleared itself. Dealer said they have to get special authorization from Nissan to replace the valve due to its  insanely high part price. They said they sent an email to Nissan and that they are expecting the response perhaps tomorrow. In the meantime I picked the car back up.

What a f...ing pain for a brand spanking new GT-R just barely broken in. My 2009 never threw a single code in 11 years. WTF. Car has already been into the dealer twice for the same issue and it only has slightly over 3000 kms on the dial.

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 536 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
Sounds like it’s time to get an upgraded exhaust and a valve eliminator :)

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Still waiting to hear from dealer.

• Tim likes this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Clear code. Reset car. Wait 10sec. Set something on R mode and drive. It was my temp fix
  • Tim likes this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Got a call from my dealer on Friday and Nissan approved the exhaust valve replacement and dealer has received the part, which is outrageously priced in Canada it seems according to what the service adviser quoted, near 5 figures! I checked online to see what the part is and number is 20150-6AV0A with a USA list price of $3236.57 which in itself is still outrageous but a third the price of what the dealer says the price is in Canada. There has to be something wrong with this whole pricing situation for this valve. The price in US for the entire muffler assembly with the 4 exhaust tips, the main pipe back to the mid-pipe and the valve is $4459.01, part number 20100-6AV0A, all parts with an asterisk being included.

2019 Nissan GT-R exhaust valve assembly 20150-6AV0A.png

Plus there is no difference in price for the entire muffler assembly without the valve as fitted to the Pure edition car, part number 20100-KB50A. Premium, Track and Nismo editions get fitted with the valve assembly. So in terms of muffler pricing, the valve is free as there is no price difference whether it is included or not in the entire assembly. Who needs it. It barely makes any difference in the sound anyhow.

https://www.nissanpa...iagram=200_C002

How in the world can a simple exhaust valve and actuator be worth that much???

Anyhow my car is into the dealer tomorrow to get the valve replaced, first one my dealer has done (not that they have sold many 2017+ cars) but I will have to wait until I get the muffler really hot again to see if the problem returns. I hope not. My AMG GT-S has the same type of noise controlling exhaust valve and it has never failed in 3.5 years, and it makes a ton of difference in sound when open, making a real nice growl when open.

• Tim and 7racer like this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Got the valve replaced, dealer service was quick and excellent (1/2 day and they lent me a loaner SUV). I asked the GT-R tech to bring out my old exhaust valve so I could have a look at it. He said initially when he tried to activate it on the car it was not responding properly, and then it started to work fine, and then he replaced it. New one is the same as the old one, no new updated part. Here is what it looks like, valve with actuator (both come as a package, not available separately.

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

Let's hope the new one does not cause the same code issues when it gets hot. I asked to keep the old one but it had to be sent back as it was a warranty replacement. You can see the part number on the box.

• Tim and 7racer like this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
worried the code will happen for us again since its the same replacement stuff. Well at least we have warranty for now and hopefully Nissan will revise this part

Edited by GT-ARR, 23 August 2019 - 08:42 PM.

• Tim likes this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Wonder if wrapping it with insulation will work to fix it. I am out of track days this year so I can’t test it out
  • Tim likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,303 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

That'd just trap the heat inside it and make it worse?

• Tim likes this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I am thinking to have a short straight pipe with the same size 2-bolt flanges and to mount the OEM valve out of the heat region and connect it to the ECU normally and have it working and reporting back to the ECU but not failing. But problem with that rather than reporting it with another failure is that Nissan might not know it needs to upgrade the part, or at least not feel there are enough failures to bother with upgrading the part. It's hard to believe they would release such a part. Did they not run the 2017's and up on the track?

• Tim, 7racer and thehelix112 like this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Thinking of straight piping that section too. I wonder if steel pipe can be welded to titanium pipes we have from factory

Edited. I researched and yes you can. Slightly different process but generally the same.

Edited by GT-ARR, 07 September 2019 - 12:01 AM.

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Simplest thing to check would be the possibility of taking off the actuator module from the valve section, leaving it connected to the ECU, and see if that throws a code. Might have to put a return spring to simulate the valve action in the short pipe section if it's not part of the actuator. I don't see any need to weld to titanium. If one needs to put in a straight section because just unbolting the actuator from the existing valve section doesn't work, one would just need 2 flanges and a short pipe section all in stainless and bolt that in place of the existing piece.

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I just ordered the valve delete box/bracket from Armytrix for $80. I spoke to the product manager and he said it works out of the box for 90% of 2017-2019 GTR's and that for the other 10% that still throw a code, a simple adjustment listed in the installation instructions takes care of it.

https://www.armytrix...BiABEgJw4fD_BwE

Armytrixusa valve delete bottom view.jpg

One detaches the electronic actuator from the muffler valve section shown in one of my previous pics and mounts it to this bracket which duplicates the limit-stop positions of the actual valve, while leaving the actuator connected to the ECU. The assembly has to be mounted out of the heat area near the muffler.

• thehelix112, droptopp and bigc like this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Yes I was eyeing this product. After removing I think imma try some wires to hold the physical valve open just in case. For me I am now waiting to hear back from Nissan on the second actuator failure. I told the dealer I like a different answer then ‘just change the valve’ again from Nissan

Edited by GT-ARR, 20 September 2019 - 12:00 AM.

• droptopp likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users