Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elite prime "plus" on the way

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Sillyhp

Sillyhp

Stock

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 17-July 16
So I still haven't made a full build thread but I plan to. Just want to give a update on my build and where it is. I have a full build, Elite Plus 2017 gtr and the kit was amazing. I went to a cash days and Taylor @TSM was sending me revisions on my tune while he was boating on a lake. Taylor is a god damn stud.

Unfortunately, I had a boost leak issue so I had to bow out. Super bummer because I no doubt had the fastest car on the property.

Since the car was goin back to the shop for a few more little things I decided to swap to the Elite Primes. Cicio then offered me a version of the prime that makes 10 to 12% more power but is still class legal. Of course I said fuck ya.
So I sold my Elite plus's and awaited the primes. Unfortunately, the shop that was going to do my swap is to busy to get me in and I needed to get the turbo's off my car and to the buyer. There must have been some confusion with the shop doing the swap on when they were going to get it done. In the end it didn't get done but Cicio stepped forward and offered to fly a tech out to my shop and do it themselves. I love these dudes.

This will be my thread for my impressions on this new turbo that TSM has offered me but I wanted to touch on the customer service that I'm receiving. I own my own buisiness's and I'm one of the few companies left in my area that wants each one of my customers to feel like a million bucks when they use my service. I unfortunately haven't really received that same level of customer service very much lately though, until Cicio and team got involved.

My build,
2017 fully built 3.8 w/ race heads
Elite Prime Prototype turbo's (class legal)
Ets super race ic
Ams 12 inj intake manifold
Fully built trans
Making the switch to Motec and c1212 dash

I'll report back with numbers and trap times.
If I can get all my ducks aligned, I'll race this next weekend.

Jesse
  • Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 1 other like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,266 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Sounds like a killer build man. Can't wait to hear more about the superprime turbos.

Dave
  • Tim, 7racer and Formidable like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,675 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Were you running Cobb or Ecutek? Definitely in for your impression of the switch to Motec.
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

Sillyhp

Sillyhp

Stock

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 17-July 16
I've been on Ecutek. The phase 7 has been pretty decent for the power level. Lots more Tc adjustability etc. But, I'm gonna push for high 7s so, motec time
  • droptopp and Formidable like this

Sillyhp

Sillyhp

Stock

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 17-July 16

Sounds like a killer build man. Can't wait to hear more about the superprime turbos.

Dave

That's a pretty dope name, for sure.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,461 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
And another ow 8 sec car on its way
  • droptopp likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,675 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Optimum prime is sweet too ... Latin for best.

If I was a betting man - prime plus
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

Sillyhp

Sillyhp

Stock

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 17-July 16
I thought prime plus was a good temp name.
  • droptopp likes this

Dv8

Dv8

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 14-March 13

Were you running Cobb or Ecutek? Definitely in for your impression of the switch to Motec.

Changes the way the car accelerates at part and open throttle. Changes the way the tuner sees what its doing and how in a more understandable way; Tq vs mph table. it gives whatever setup you have more ability to run a full potential. If you drag or half mile, on a 1200whp+ build, it should be part of the conversation. The Dash is really only if you have 6k to blow on tech;be better spent on a billet crank, 12 inj or lighter subframes imo. High 7s is ambitious without doing some weightloss and possibly pushing the envelope. Tuner onsite is a must in that situation. 

~Dv8

• Tim, thehelix112, droptopp and 1 other like this

8.6 @166MPH 

NHRA Licenced GTR 8.5

Sillyhp

Sillyhp

Stock

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 17-July 16
I'm pretty well versed in the advantages of switching to motec. I had motec on my Alpha 12 car.

And yea, for the hail Mary 7 second pass that I will attempt, I will do some weight reduction. I'm doing subframes, carbon ceramics, taking seats out and going to put the car on a 17 inch tire.
  • Tim, droptopp and Formidable like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,461 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
That is a good start to get you that 7
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Formidable

Formidable

Stage 4 Member

• 476 posts
  • Joined 24-December 15
Outstanding. Didn’t realize the motec c1212 dash is available at this time. Interested to see that bad boy and what provisions are needed to get it in place.
  • Tim likes this
2014 Premium | WGP Built Motor 1124 AWHP | Shep 1K | Racing Brake | AMS | Unobtainium | Advan GT | Overtake | Varis | DCTMS | BRIDE | https://instagram.com/formidable_gtr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users