Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Clutch relearn after trans oil change?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
As above. When you do an oil change of the trans, do you have to make it relearn? Buying a Cobb AP just to do that is very expensive

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,793 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
GTRTech at the shop can do that for you. If you have a good relationship with your local dealer can possibly do it on the side.

Other benefits to have a Cobb than just a relearn especially if your a CBA/DBA.

Piece of advice don’t cheap out on maintenance - you won’t like the bill when that happens especially if it’s trans related.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

Or $250 for an EcuTek bluetooth and can do it yourself from the comfort of your IOS/Android device!

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Thank you for the response. The fluid change is done from a reputable tuner shop.

I don’t know anything about ECUtek. Can it also change touch points and capacity settings? Sounds like great value if it can do it all. Also will I run into warranty issues using ecutek?

bigc

bigc

Stock

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 31-December 18
  • LocationLos Angeles

^ Yes, it can do both.

I can't comment on the warranty, but stealerships can generally tell if the car has been tuned.

2017 Nissan GT-R, FBO+E85, Pearl White on Rakuda

2013 Infiniti G37 IPL Convertible, Moonlight White Pearl, "Lucy Jr." - sold

2005 Infiniti G35TT Coupe, Ivory Pearl, "Lucy" - sold

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

Thank you for the response. The fluid change is done from a reputable tuner shop.

I don’t know anything about ECUtek. Can it also change touch points and capacity settings? Sounds like great value if it can do it all. Also will I run into warranty issues using ecutek?

Yes read and clear codes, change touch/capacity settings, module learning like ABS.  Zero warranty issues if you do not tune it.  

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
That’s great. Thank you for the feedback. Long story short, I don’t trust the dealers to do things right. One dealer has 2 techs that don’t know what can be adjusted (even though the owners manual says adjust before track) and the other dealer’s tech only adjusted One clutch pack and he put the capacity at 7!!!

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19

Yes read and clear codes, change touch/capacity settings, module learning like ABS. Zero warranty issues if you do not tune it.

So apparently a shop said that ECUTEK does leave some codes in the car so if let’s say my transmission fails, Nissan can trace it back to me adjusting the transmission.

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,793 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Anytime your ECU is flashed or even replaced it’s logged. No way around it. Whether or not Japan in this case voids your power train warranty is a case by case base and data is typically only sent if it’s a major catastrophic failure (engine, trans). Never heard of anyone denied warranty for anything else.

I had MFD, Bellhousing, headlight warranties as a fully built A9.
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 535 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

So apparently a shop said that ECUTEK does leave some codes in the car so if let’s say my transmission fails, Nissan can trace it back to me adjusting the transmission.

You don’t need to flash your car to use ecutek maintenance tools. It’s literally acting like dealer’s consult tool. Best $250 you can spend on your GTR, hands down.
  • droptopp and Ian201 like this

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,793 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
^^ what he said

Hijack : @ Haul is your plate Haul S ? If so I was pulling out of Dunkin with Cicio’s donuts on Tuesday when you were pulling in lol.
  • haul s likes this

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 535 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
Haha! Yep, that’s me! TSM is practically in my back yard. Love those t-mobile Tuesday iced lattes.

Edited by haul s, 27 June 2019 - 08:46 PM.

• droptopp likes this

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

Go to a new shop

Using the Clutch Learning and Touchpoint tools is the same as a consult tool, just like going to the dealer.  So if going to the dealer voids your warranty then you have a more serious problem. 

• Ian201 likes this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Thank you guys! In the process of buying and ECUTEK. I am new to GTR ownership and like tracking my cars often.

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
I read somewhere that you have to buy the software separately with the $250 usd Bluetooth dongle. Is that right?

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL

I read somewhere that you have to buy the software separately with the $250 usd Bluetooth dongle. Is that right?

All you need is a bluetooth and an iOS or Android device.  If you want to flash/tune the car then you need a software dongle.  But if you just want the diagnostic features then bluetooth and a phone/tablet.

• 7racer likes this

GT-ARR

GT-ARR

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 10-May 19
Thanks Bill!

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,793 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Glad this worked out for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users