Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New member here build sheet attached and questions.

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Biff_Malibu

Biff_Malibu

Stage 4 Member

• 787 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
  • LocationLos Angeles

UPDATE

Hello, everyone and GTR gods,

I have been in touch with Doug from WGP. Sent him data logs. Apparently my build is old school. :( After speaking to this gentleman he will be working me up a quote.

I have spoken to the shop today that has my car and old owner (back and forth). The shop told me (or so i misheard) that it could be a jacks transmission. The previous owner told me that the clutch went out and they sent it to jacks to get replaced. I will get a full on idea wtf is the REAL deal tomorrow. The tranny is built, and was built by SP. So I am assuming that

A. The transmission was swapped with a Jacks transmission

or

B. The clutch went out and the shop here sent the tranny to jacks to get replaced and add some things here and there. (Will get a true update with this tomorrow).

Finally,

After getting some more history on the car the previous owner when switching fuel pumps, he was also wise enough to get the VISCONTI TUNING FUEL PUMP HARDWIRE KIT. Will update my list according to what was added and what I found out. I am very grateful to you all for having some patience with me through this and all of your advice and wise words.

I have another question,

Say my transmission has some built components similar to a SHEP 1.5 or Jacks 1.5, Say if I want to go 2.0 or 2.5? is it cheaper for me since I already have some internal parts upgraded? or is it the entire set up to be redone??

Will be selling some turbos, injectors, and intercoolers real soon with about 2-4k miles on them and tranny soon depending on this answer.^

Thanks in advance. -Razer

I share the opinion that you need to hand the car over to someone who really knows what they’re doing, and have them “fix it”. That will include upgrading and replacing a lot of components. From the way you describe things and the list of parts, it’s very old school, and with questionable hardware.

I also don’t necessarily believe SP Engineering to be of the same level as shops like T1, TSM, AMS, Jotec...

Nobody can solve this for you via forum for free. Your issues are far too complex. When buying a highly modified car that may look like a great price proposition, more often than not you have to redo many things. Invest the coin in making it right, and the car will reward you for it.
  • thehelix112 and Razer like this

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,676 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Not sure if OP asked the question about the built trans, but each stage is like starting from scratch, actually could be worse if you do more damage along the way.

So, going from a Shep 2 to a OneK will cost as much as going from a stock to a OneK.

If you go from a OneK to a IV or V you may be able to reuse some parts, but most guys pull em when they fry em.

Good luck.
  • Tim, 7racer and Razer like this
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19

Not sure if OP asked the question about the built trans, but each stage is like starting from scratch, actually could be worse if you do more damage along the way.

So, going from a Shep 2 to a OneK will cost as much as going from a stock to a OneK.

If you go from a OneK to a IV or V you may be able to reuse some parts, but most guys pull em when they fry em.

Good luck.

damn well that answers that...

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,676 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Yeah - been there and done that ;)
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 450 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

First, welcome to the forum!!  Always great to have another GTR owner on here.

The trans parts you list don't sound like a SPE stage one trans.  A stage one is a factory rebuild, so I don't know if it's built enough for your power at 640 lbs of torque.  You are really on the edge, although with the clutch upgrade you may be fine now that I think on it.  You need a stage 2 SPE trans at some point as you increase the power.  But I would not use them for that.  My car was built by them (before I bought it) and I found a lot of issues that Doug helped fix recently.  My clutches are slipping, so I will need a rebuild in the future and I will most likely upgrade the turbos at the same time.

If you are near TSM, they would be the best choice from a location standpoint.  Doug does travel, so you can talk to him about that as well, or you can ship your car to one of the well known GTR shops on the forum as well.   

Oh, and one other thing.  Don't cheap out on getting your car fixed.  Take it to someone who knows what they are doing and pay them the money.  It will be more than some random shop, but it's better to spend a little more now instead of 3 or 4 times as much when someone fucks things up and you have to have someone else fix it that knows what they are doing.  I know this from personal experience.

Several shops make a LOT of money fixing SP Engineering cars and messes. The amount I've seen is shocking.
  • Tim and 7racer like this
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19

Several shops make a LOT of money fixing SP Engineering cars and messes. The amount I've seen is shocking.

damn....... You know when its running right it does pull hard tho :-/

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
We got car back an still the same issues its not going back to that shop anymore been in talks with Doug so far And got a figure on what I want to do to it. So me an my friend was checking it out and the filters had this on both sides, would it cause the car to choke?

Attached Images

• CF93489A-2FBC-4689-8255-D759F2A9A40D.png

Edited by Razer, 18 May 2019 - 10:06 PM.

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,801 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Rut roh. Did your engine eat the filter material?

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

KNOTZLA

KNOTZLA

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

Rut roh. Did your engine eat the filter material?

Either that or some mice ate it 😂

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
I think the filters were old and now they crumbling... im assuming the filter material is spongy and may of overtime eaten more of it. It pulls in low mph half way throttle but when I mash the gas it pulls then falls flat on the face.

Doug I tried to email u back with vids and pix but it keeps failing...

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
We are going to look for boost leaks tomorrow

Edited by Razer, 19 May 2019 - 12:02 AM.

• Tim likes this

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
Double post. Cant upload video.

Edited by Razer, 18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,465 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Go thru YouTube
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
Just texted doug video. We are trying to set up transport for it to him :-/
  • Tim and 7racer like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,676 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Steel Toy Carriers - Ken was the most professional shipper I’ve ever come across.

Rescued me.
  • 7racer likes this

wspy

wspy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13
  • LocationJamaica WI

I've had those HKS filters before. They get rotten over time and the turbos suck them up. I can almost guarantee that the turbos are toast  :unsure:  

• 7racer and Razer like this

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19

I've had those HKS filters before. They get rotten over time and the turbos suck them up. I can almost guarantee that the turbos are toast :unsure:

How would you know they are toast?

Razer

Razer

Stock

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 13-May 19
Update coming soon. Against all odds.. me and a friend decided to have a look at this situation.. because.. well waiting on shipling out your car.. etc etc. made us crazy.

So we decided to take the car apart and noticed a few things.

#1. Upon major boost turbos were sucking in this foammy stuff, not all at once little by little thats for sure.

#2 this was NOT good for engine thats for sure. But we changed the oil. (Twice)

#3. We took apart the intakes no point in having filters since these were dog shit.

Will update with more pix etc.

This shop took my $1500.00 and returned the car with thr same issues and not my radio isn’t working (ac controls map, etc work just no radio, or fm/am or buttons radio related work)

A scuffed wheel etc.

😑 never again man.

wspy

wspy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13
  • LocationJamaica WI

How would you know they are toast?

You'd have to get to the turbo to really tell..... the foam going through the compressor wheel (as with any foreign object) ain't good. You may luck out if small pieces go through though, so fingers crossed. 

• droptopp likes this

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

If it were my car, I would stop driving it and tow it to shop. I have been there done that failed here and some other Stuff happened. In my Experience if you don't tow it now to a shop you will pay for it later.

greetings,

Robert

• Tim likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users