Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top Speed Motorsports - Elite Prime Turbos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

mathef

mathef

Stage 1 Member

• 106 posts
  • Joined 27-October 16

POPULAR

Elite Primes:

For the “Do it Yourselfers:” I wanted to give a brief review of the Elite Primes as well as the install. First off the quality and craftsmanship is “Top Notch”, I was very impressed with the CHRA section in itself. Aside from the aesthetics, installation was equally impressive. All coolant lines and oil lines are included with the fitment being perfect, no modifications needed. In addition all gaskets are included to mate the lines up to the CHRA section. I was able to use OEM Heat Shields with slight modification for clearance of the wastegate actuator linkages. Is definitely a piece of mind having heat shields installed, some of the other kits either offer custom heat shields or no heat shields at all where you may have to use the wrap. Getting the engine back in the car was no big deal as well, no clearance issues at all with compressor housings or waste gate actuators. Do keep in mind that some of the other Stock Manifold 58mm kits will require some modifications of the internal frame rails in the engine bay for the compressor housings to clear. The 3.5” Compressor Inlets went on with a little finesse having perfect fitment, no modifications of A/C plumbing needed. I am very pleased with the quality and the fitment of the Primes, only downfall is once installed you really can’t admire the craftsmanship that went into these. Next step in the process is tuning, after Prime upgrades along with Motec with 12 injectors and other supporting mods. I have leaned on Cicio and his team throughout this upgrade process as I have done in the past. Customer support is the key! When you can get questions answered thru calls and emails during the off hours, there is no price you can put on that!
  • Tim, celsius, 7racer and 5 others like this

-Ecutek 7(Linney Tuned), TSM 3.8L,  TSM Elite Plus Turbos, FWM FPM Kit, Linney Ultimate Race IC with short route piping, Fabworx Valvetronic Exhaust, Ported Intake manifolds, Linney Billet Throttle Bodies, Ferea Valve Train, Tomei Cams, AMS Fuel Rail Kit, Fore Triple Pump (485s) Hardwired, ID 1700cc injectors, Flex Fuel, Jacks Drag 1000 (braced), Syvecs AWD Controller

Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 14-February 15

That's great to hear DIY feedback on the new turbos

As another DIY guy I've been very impressed with TSMs support of my hobby as well as high quality of parts that simplify the install.  Can't wait to get my hands on the new Primes as well!

• celsius and droptopp like this

colo_evo

colo_evo

Stage 1 Member

• 161 posts
  • Joined 20-September 16
Great input!

I didn't know you had to cut the frame rail to fit these. Any photos or more details on this process?

Cicio

Cicio

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,131 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Great input!

I didn't know you had to cut the frame rail to fit these. Any photos or more details on this process?

I think you drastically misread that lol

He said other turbo options from OTHER companies he has seen you have to dent or modify the frame rail which he appreciated about ours that everything fit with room to spare and not a thing was necessary to modify. 

~N.Cicio

49579549671_a4d8b9958b_z.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770
Email: cicio@cicioperformance.com
cicioperformance.com

Cicio

Cicio

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,131 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Elite Primes:

For the “Do it Yourselfers:” I wanted to give a brief review of the Elite Primes as well as the install. First off the quality and craftsmanship is “Top Notch”, I was very impressed with the CHRA section in itself. Aside from the aesthetics, installation was equally impressive. All coolant lines and oil lines are included with the fitment being perfect, no modifications needed. In addition all gaskets are included to mate the lines up to the CHRA section. I was able to use OEM Heat Shields with slight modification for clearance of the wastegate actuator linkages. Is definitely a piece of mind having heat shields installed, some of the other kits either offer custom heat shields or no heat shields at all where you may have to use the wrap. Getting the engine back in the car was no big deal as well, no clearance issues at all with compressor housings or waste gate actuators. Do keep in mind that some of the other Stock Manifold 58mm kits will require some modifications of the internal frame rails in the engine bay for the compressor housings to clear. The 3.5” Compressor Inlets went on with a little finesse having perfect fitment, no modifications of A/C plumbing needed. I am very pleased with the quality and the fitment of the Primes, only downfall is once installed you really can’t admire the craftsmanship that went into these. Next step in the process is tuning, after Prime upgrades along with Motec with 12 injectors and other supporting mods. I have leaned on Cicio and his team throughout this upgrade process as I have done in the past. Customer support is the key! When you can get questions answered thru calls and emails during the off hours, there is no price you can put on that!

Thanks for the kind words man!  I'm so glad you are happy with the product.  

A lot of times people in this industry are so focussed on the next social media post or crazy drag time that they go right past the countless time and effort put into an actually all around quality product.  I know from experience there is a big difference as we install almost everything here.  When you receive something that has been well thought through by the vendor it is a breath of fresh air.   I'm so glad our product was that way for you. 

Now lets get that Motec tuned up! 

• Tim and thehelix112 like this

~N.Cicio

cicioperformance.com

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,171 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York

Great input!

Stock turbofold - no cutting involved
Cicio Performance billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, Zenith R turbos, Cicio wet sump oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid, down pipe, race FMIC, STM titanium axle back, ID2000s, Shep One K with drop gears, DS Axles, Volk Saga 18 10/12 (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20 R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : more AMS motors than anyone I know - Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

colo_evo

colo_evo

Stage 1 Member

• 161 posts
  • Joined 20-September 16

I think you drastically misread that lol

He said other turbo options from OTHER companies he has seen you have to dent or modify the frame rail which he appreciated about ours that everything fit with room to spare and not a thing was necessary to modify.

My bad! Totally read that wrong! That's what I get for posting before having my caffeine for the day.
  • thehelix112 and droptopp like this

Cicio

Cicio

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,131 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Stock turbofold - no cutting involved

There are stock turbo fold turbos out there that you have to modify things.....

~N.Cicio

cicioperformance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users