Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Droptopp Alpha 9 3.8 / 4.1 / 4.0 AMS Engines

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,675 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Lol - two separate issues EvoLewis - leaks and three months after AMS found the porcelain on the pistons. Shipped the car and pulled the motor for leaks. Porcelain was quite literally a surprise to me.

No winners here and only losers.

Think that’s the moral to the story.

Car is getting a new TSM motor at my expense and my old motors and misc. parts are all across this beautiful country of ours - lol.

All good - great crew and AMS is the reason why I bought a GTR.

Have a wonderful weekend

I’ll be hanging at the pool and hitting the 1/4 track.

Edited by droptopp, 12 July 2019 - 12:46 PM.

• Tim, thehelix112 and tg07 like this
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

Guido

Guido

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

No GTR builds. But I have purchased/installed a couple Evolution engines in past years.

The "in past years" part of your reply is key here.  The issues being discussed are not from the past, but more recently.  Based on what I have read, ever since Eric left, the company has not been the same and these issues began to come up.  I don't know who you are, or where you came from, but your comments don't have an ounce of credibility on this site with only 3 posts.

• Tim likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,675 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
While looking for funny memes to basically say this ....

e17929f02bada93e4ee46da35536cf72.jpg

I stumbled on this one .... damn ...
aaeb60ceff0426a7635cdca157efa42c.jpg

TGIF everyone
  • thehelix112 likes this
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

BeijingBoostyBoy

BeijingBoostyBoy

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-July 19
It’s rather interesting that throughout all of this you 100% blame AMS and never once questioned anything STM did.
Don’t let your “friendship” cloud the reality. There’s a reason that none of the “sponsored” cars from the past go to the shop anymore besides people that were friends first and don’t want to face the facts. And none of their cars run either.
Interestingly enough most of this has happened within the past 3-4 years which is the same timeline as your woes.

Fact of the matter is they have no idea what they’re doing when it comes to the platform. 400-500hp evo’s, sure.

They underfilled my shep 1K by 4qts of oil.
Emery said it was Sheps fault. Shep fills the trans before shipping. Shep said he doesn’t do that. Emery said well we just followed the instructions. Then blamed Austin since apparently emery wasn’t even there.

The intercooler they built for me, (same one you had originally) rose IATs over 30degrees during a 1/4mi pull. I asked emery for data or logs from cars tested. He said there are no logs, it “just works”
-I picked up 100whp by switching to a buschur intercooler and my IATs are actually steady throughout an entire pull now.

If you remember, emery was on MAFs on his stock engine car up until he was at the shootout and TPG gave him a SD map and helped tune his car which allowed him to go further into the 9s and eventually 9.0 or whatever. Which your car blew up right before that right? When emery didn’t have anyone else’s maps yet?

That’s just GTR stuff. Let’s not forget about Paul’s evo engine that they went thru 3 headgaskets trying to assemble the engine for 1/2” studs that they ended up cracking the head.

My evo that they couldn’t tune because it was out of emery’s comfort zone and he didn’t have any maps from
Buschur or his race. My “sponsored” car that helped bring in a ton of work and attention to them beyond just their one hit wonder 8.0 evo (that they blew up) and when I asked when they planned on actually getting my car right that I paid for he told me they don’t make any money if they’re fixing my car.
The amount of times I was lied to about my car being ready to race and I would waste 4 hours trailering it around to the track or going out to the shop and they never properly tuned it was more than I can count. Actually the shootout 2016 we all just had our cars finished and emery ditched us for the entire weekend and told us our cars were ready and none of them worked. Left Cory there to slave away with no tools as he went and bought a new huracan. Great guy, not sure why you trust them with your life.

Can’t forget Kim’s 1G that they left outside of the shop unlocked and he had his nitrous setup, digital cluster all stolen. Had them wire in a bunch of shit and he had to bring his car to Boostin performance to all get fixed.

Unfortunately these people for whatever reason consider them “friends” so while they protect the issue people like you, me and and everyone else get fucked in the process.

-the guy that spent 100K at STM
  • Guido, L.L. and PurEvl like this

BeijingBoostyBoy

BeijingBoostyBoy

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-July 19
By the way how’s Jim’s car?

Psphinx81

Psphinx81

Stock

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 27-October 17
  • LocationNY
^^

So... it doesn’t sound like you’re going to dyno day this Sunday?! 😂
  • Tim likes this
GT1R

BeijingBoostyBoy

BeijingBoostyBoy

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-July 19
Nah my battery died in my car because I didn’t charge it over winter and I haven’t ordered a new one yet lol.

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
  • LocationHilton Head Island, SC

No GTR builds. But I have purchased/installed a couple Evolution engines in past years.

great so you come into a forum with zero knowledge and claim everyone else is wrong

gotta love the internet

• Guido likes this

TSM Built 2015 

4.4 Billet block, ETS Pro1900 Turbos 
19xx whp/13xx wtq

221mph Half Mile, 7.64@184, 1.23 60 foot

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

2.8, PTE6766, PPG Sequential. 8xx whp

EvoLewis

EvoLewis

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

great so you come into a forum with zero knowledge and claim everyone else is wrong

gotta love the internet

I claimed no one is wrong. I claimed, common sense claims, that porcelain doesn’t just break. That AMS in no way could’ve caused that to happen.

If you look at the other thread, I sympathized with droptopp cause that fucking sucks. Having to deal with multiple labor Bill’s, multiple months with an expensive paperweight. Sure it leaked, hell yeah AMS should cover labor for R&R to fix those leaks. I don’t blame droptopp for moving to a new shop for the entire build which was clearly the right way to go about it. Let’s worry about leaks vs something bouncing around potentially ruining an engine. Had it not leaked, that spark plug been wrecked, that engine wouldn’t have stayed together much longer and it would not, could not have been AMS fault. It’s fucking simple.

Zero knowledge? Lol.
Get the fuck out if you can’t read.
Back to lurking this forum.

Sorry you had issues, dude. Glad they’re getting fixed at TSM and hopefully soon you’ll be enjoying that car!

7secGT-R

7secGT-R

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13

I claimed no one is wrong. I claimed, common sense claims, that porcelain doesn’t just break. That AMS in no way could’ve caused that to happen.

If you look at the other thread, I sympathized with droptopp cause that fucking sucks. Having to deal with multiple labor Bill’s, multiple months with an expensive paperweight. Sure it leaked, hell yeah AMS should cover labor for R&R to fix those leaks. I don’t blame droptopp for moving to a new shop for the entire build which was clearly the right way to go about it. Let’s worry about leaks vs something bouncing around potentially ruining an engine. Had it not leaked, that spark plug been wrecked, that engine wouldn’t have stayed together much longer and it would not, could not have been AMS fault. It’s fucking simple.

Zero knowledge? Lol.
Get the fuck out if you can’t read.
Back to lurking this forum.

Sorry you had issues, dude. Glad they’re getting fixed at TSM and hopefully soon you’ll be enjoying that car!

I have yet to see anything that would indicate the engine leaked from the beginning.  Everything that was presented shows any leaks were documented after being abused till it broke.  Furthermore, it would almost be expected that the motor would leak after the rings were destroyed.  The excessive blow by would pressurize the crankcase and cause oil to escape anywhere it could find. 

It is an understandably frustrating situation for the owner of the car...  but can't be pinned on AMS.

• Worlds Quickest and Fastest R35 GT-R Multiple times and for years
  • World's First Nissan R35 GT-R in the 9's, 8's AND THE 7's!!!!!!!
  • 2014 & 2015 TSS Texas Invitational King of the Streets Back to Back Champ - ALPHA OMEGA

Guido

Guido

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

I would almost like to see this thread locked.  It's gone on too long and this just beats a dead horse over and over with nothing achieved.  Tim, what do you think?

• Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,461 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Dave’s call???
  • Mattson likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,675 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Hey brother I’ve said all I got to say at this point. Think Martin has as well so not sure why you’d have to lock it up.

Side note : just drove past a nice black R35 with copper rims on 4 East headed into Orlando - nice hood.

Edited by droptopp, 18 July 2019 - 12:37 PM.

• Tim likes this

KNOTZLA

KNOTZLA

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 371 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
NEVER LOCK ANYTHING
  • Tim and thehelix112 like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,266 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

NEVER LOCK ANYTHING

This.
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,461 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Hey brother I’ve said all I got to say at this point. Think Martin has as well so not sure why you’d have to lock it up.

Side note : just drove past a nice black R35 with copper rims on 4 East headed into Orlando - nice hood.

Dude your only
a couple of hrs away..2 to be exact
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,675 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14

Dude your only
a couple of hrs away..2 to be exact

In and out on this trip, definitely planning on getting down your way soon.
  • Tim likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users