Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

C8 Corvette debut July 18th

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,716 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

any one else curious!??!

Might be the next Big Bang for the buck sports car!

https://jalopnik.com...18th-1833984547

• Tim likes this

In7anity!!

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,411 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Curious to see how much they will go for after a yr of sales
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Guido

Guido

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

I don't care for the scoop near the rear wheels.  Just looks like they stuck it on.  

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,731 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

hopefully interior is updated. i heard dealerships are practically giving away vettes on their lots right now. this will be an interesting debut! will need to see some numbers first.

plus first year release from chevy? definitely want to wait for the second year car :)

• 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

Guido

Guido

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

Agreed!  I would never buy the first year of a new car.  Let them work out the issues and then look at the 2nd or 3rd year.  Just look at the trans issues of the 2009 GTR.  Perfect example.

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 905 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Last thing I would do is buy a first generation Corvette and run it on track. Did that in 2014 and ended up with a GM buyback offer since the car wouldn't run 30 minutes on track without overheating and its muffler valve actuators melting.

Then again it's not like my 09 GT-R didn't need additional cooling either!

• 7racer likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,083 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Last thing I would do is buy a first generation Corvette and run it on track. Did that in 2014 and ended up with a GM buyback offer since the car wouldn't run 30 minutes on track without overheating and its muffler valve actuators melting.

Then again it's not like my 09 GT-R didn't need additional cooling either!

First year GT-R for me.  Then first year F90 M5.  Okay there were problems with the GT-R, broken trans twice (heat, stupidly didn't get trans cooler until I killed it).

It can be thrilling to have the first generation car, but also fraught with a lot of potential failures.

Shawn

• Tim, 7racer and thehelix112 like this

Guido

Guido

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

And you most likely paid MSRP plus if you bought an early one based on the demand?

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,083 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

And you most likely paid MSRP plus if you bought an early one based on the demand?

$72,000 - I bought mine used.  With 1400 miles.  Had it on the track within two weeks.  Changed the transmission fluid before the fourth track event (six track days down).

Shawn

• 7racer and thehelix112 like this

Guido

Guido

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

I"m glad you got it for such a good price.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users