Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My annual "Whats going on in the world of gtr" thread.....

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 2 Member

• 236 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

POPULAR

So April 2019.... going on in  gtr's Evolution....

Has anyone run both the wavetrack front and rear diffs on the dragstrip or roadcourse? how did they perform? All front and rear upgraded diff cars how have they been performing on the street/track?.

Saw a post somewhere about shep having new gr6 upgrades....What are they?  What else can be done to upgrade the gr6?

what are maxxed out Elite primes and pro 1700 kits making powerwise these days? i read somewhere a 58mm car ran like 7.5 or something.  

Has anyone run the new t1 super atom weight brakes yet?  

Has anyone run a wider than x13 tire in the rear?  I thought i read that T1 and ams had a solution for wider tires in the rear.  or multiple cars were running larger tires.  Did they mean height or width?

anymore data updates on the topspeed manifold?

There was a posted update for they K.A.P.S  awd control.  Can anyone report on it? anyone running it?

Any guys with upgraded front clutches want to share how those and awd control has been performing on the street/track?

any cool new things coming out in the motec or syyvecs software?

has anyone other than roberttttt rany the wisefab suspention setup? or brypar uprights?

If seen more than a few gtrs with a license plate exit tailpipe.  Are they cutting out the trunk for this mod? 

Whats going on in the world of tractive as far as the gtr?  Anyone run tractives at Texas 2k?  Have the setups been getting more dialed in? 

Has anyone seen the gtr with the big motec screen?  Whose is it?

Attached Images

• B7A7BD8D-D105-4E81-B028-89E211F66589_zpsqq6ijlkj.jpg

• Tim, celsius, 7racer and 4 others like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,220 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Big +1 on this thread. Second all the questions!
  • celsius and mikelmarion like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,667 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

POPULAR

Has anyone run both the wavetrack front and rear diffs on the dragstrip or roadcourse? how did they perform? All front and rear upgraded diff cars how have they been performing on the street/track?.

Any guys with upgraded front clutches want to share how those and awd control has been performing on the street/track?

I just ran my Overtake LSD F&R at TX2k but looks like my FWD clutches were worn, so not a lot of feedback.  Ran an 8.1

This will get fixed with some upgrade clutches but I wanted to go full tilt on the clutches but the guys that they were consulting with actually didnt recommend it.

They should be upgraded.....but IDK what that exactly means.

With the Motec I plan to put more power to the front on Road Course work but not sure yet how we are going to do it (like how much in what gear) How much with high speed sweeping corners etc.

We are having another private track day rental in May.  One more go to see if we can get in the 7s then the car gets transformed back to track mode.

what are maxxed out Elite primes and pro 1700 kits making powerwise these days? i read somewhere a 58mm car ran like 7.5 or something.

I have a kinda modified Pro1700kit.  At 2k found out the car had a lot more left.  Didnt have time to put in stiffer springs but they are going in so should have full power at the next track rental.  I'll try to see if they can get me a dyne number with the race fuel.

Tony might want to chime in but from what it sounds like Tony keeps pushing the features and stuff for the Motec. 

has anyone other than roberttttt rany the wisefab suspention setup? or brypar uprights?

LOL, I'm a bit crazy.  The Jotech guys are going to have to maybe fab some mounting points for the wisefab as I don't think it will work with the aftermarket tubular rear subframe.  The car when we had it at the track didnt perform great but the suspension was high and we were dialing in the engine more than the suspension.  Will get more feedback soon.  Also the 19x13 will be coming in from Finspeed

Whats going on in the world of tractive as far as the gtr?  Anyone run tractives at Texas 2k?  Have the setups been getting more dialed in?

I ran mine at 2k and with the stiffer springs people were saying I didnt get enough squat even at the softest settings.  I have the ACE controller so its a bit different but adjustable.  Will see if they swap my rear shocks out for the next drag event or run as is.  I kinda want to run as is to see if the car can go with the suspension set up.  When I had the original softer springs that everyone said were too soft, gave me the most versatility.

are you talking about the big dash screen?  I think I have seen two people on FB with it. I think alpha knows the details on that.

I have the common Motec dash screen but also that Racegrade/motec wheel.  The wheel sits a bit higher than I expected and blocks some of the screen so we are going to play with that a bit....or I am going to get a booster seat :P

• Tim, celsius, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

In7anity!!

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 2 Member

• 236 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

Shit, I know i should have just tagged you in this post, lol. 

I thought we (gtr community) had pro max level front clutches already? With the billet housing and a overtake/wavetrac/Quafie front diff it should be bulletproof for whatever amount sent to the front correct? At least I thought so.  Wonder what Tony and T1 are using in the front?

Robert, I think you have almost everything except the dss carbon front shaft. 

Its a minor shame that the Wisefab suspension, T1 atom weight brakes,  Brypar uprights and tube subframes don't work together  :mellow:   

Cant wait for you to see how the upgraded front clutches help you on the dragstrip and roadcourse.  i think i come on heritage once a week to see if you posted updates on all the parts you have.  And your instagram.

I also wonder how the tractive woks on a 17/18 inch slick/drag radial vs 15 inch

Yea the big screen dash. I posted one pic a post back.  Yours looks good also.  That steering wheel is crazy!

Also curious to see how the all carbon car turns out. Weight savings of course

Wonder if Baz ever ran his car?   

Also, what happened at texas 2k in the roll Races? Did the gtr's compete?

I just ran my Overtake LSD F&R at TX2k but looks like my FWD clutches were worn, so not a lot of feedback.  Ran an 8.1

This will get fixed with some upgrade clutches but I wanted to go full tilt on the clutches but the guys that they were consulting with actually didnt recommend it.

They should be upgraded.....but IDK what that exactly means.

With the Motec I plan to put more power to the front on Road Course work but not sure yet how we are going to do it (like how much in what gear) How much with high speed sweeping corners etc.

We are having another private track day rental in May.  One more go to see if we can get in the 7s then the car gets transformed back to track mode.

I have a kinda modified Pro1700kit.  At 2k found out the car had a lot more left.  Didnt have time to put in stiffer springs but they are going in so should have full power at the next track rental.  I'll try to see if they can get me a dyne number with the race fuel.

Tony might want to chime in but from what it sounds like Tony keeps pushing the features and stuff for the Motec. 

LOL, I'm a bit crazy.  The Jotech guys are going to have to maybe fab some mounting points for the wisefab as I don't think it will work with the aftermarket tubular rear subframe.  The car when we had it at the track didnt perform great but the suspension was high and we were dialing in the engine more than the suspension.  Will get more feedback soon.  Also the 19x13 will be coming in from Finspeed

I ran mine at 2k and with the stiffer springs people were saying I didnt get enough squat even at the softest settings.  I have the ACE controller so its a bit different but adjustable.  Will see if they swap my rear shocks out for the next drag event or run as is.  I kinda want to run as is to see if the car can go with the suspension set up.  When I had the original softer springs that everyone said were too soft, gave me the most versatility.

are you talking about the big dash screen?  I think I have seen two people on FB with it. I think alpha knows the details on that.

I have the common Motec dash screen but also that Racegrade/motec wheel.  The wheel sits a bit higher than I expected and blocks some of the screen so we are going to play with that a bit....or I am going to get a booster seat :P

• celsius likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,296 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I thought we (gtr community) had pro max level front clutches already? With the billet housing and a overtake/wavetrac/Quafie front diff it should be bulletproof for whatever amount sent to the front correct? At least I thought so.  Wonder what Tony and T1 are using in the front?

My understanding is that everyone is using the stock clutches and just running them as a consumable part..I.E.keep replacing them.

Tony said the one piece front carbon wasn’t for everyone as it requires some serious modifications to make work

i think i come on heritage once a week ... Thanks Mike

I also wonder how the tractive woks on a 17/18 inch slick/drag radial vs 15 inch?

Yea the big screen dash. WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!.  That steering wheel is crazy! plus 1000000000000000000

Also curious to see how the all carbon car turns out. Weight savings of course?

Also, what happened at texas 2k in the roll Races? Did the gtr's compete?[/quote]
Won al classes except the top class ...UGR
  • celsius, socalaviator and mikelmarion like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Stuart@T1

Stuart@T1

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 862 posts
  • Joined 29-July 13

POPULAR

Saw a post somewhere about shep having new gr6 upgrades....What are they?  What else can be done to upgrade the gr6?

Has anyone run a wider than x13 tire in the rear?  I thought i read that T1 and ams had a solution for wider tires in the rear.  or multiple cars were running larger tires.  Did they mean height or width?

There was a posted update for they K.A.P.S  awd control.  Can anyone report on it? anyone running it?

If seen more than a few gtrs with a license plate exit tailpipe.  Are they cutting out the trunk for this mod? 

Shit, I know i should have just tagged you in this post, lol. 

Its a minor shame that the Wisefab suspension, T1 atom weight brakes,  Brypar uprights and tube subframes don't work together  :mellow:   

Cant wait for you to see how the upgraded front clutches help you on the dragstrip and roadcourse.  i think i come on heritage once a week to see if you posted updates on all the parts you have.  And your instagram.

I also wonder how the tractive woks on a 17/18 inch slick/drag radial vs 15 inch

Yea the big screen dash. I posted one pic a post back.  Yours looks good also.  That steering wheel is crazy!

Also curious to see how the all carbon car turns out. Weight savings of course

Wonder if Baz ever ran his car?   

Also, what happened at texas 2k in the roll Races? Did the gtr's compete?

I will reply with what I can on these!

1) Wavtrac diffs. We have used the fronts and rears on several cars at this point. While we don't road race, we have had zero issues with them on the street or drag strip.

2) Mitch's Elite Prime is still the record holder for stock manifold ET, it's not nearly as light as some of the other 58mm cars (stock manifold or not), and it's not on meth. It made a little over 1,500whp. Car has gone 7.7 at 3,600+lbs.

3)  We have sold quite a few of the carbon drag brakes. For drag cars it's a no brainer, the weight savings are insane.  The  rears can be used on the street, but we don't recommend the fronts. Using a chute is highly recommended at the strip, for both safety and the protection of your wallet. You will chew through the pads at the strip if you aren't using the aid of a chute.

4) We have a 13" wide wheel on the back of Viren's car now, but that is the only one.  It's going to be really hard to fit anything over a 10.5W without jacking the car up high and possibly pulling the fenders. We don't like the way these cars look or work at that ride height and if it doesn't have the overfenders would prefer the taller 29.5x10.5W.

5) The Motec dash in the car pictures is likely one from Dubai. Boyan over there was doing some insanely cool stuff with the C1212.

6) TX2K roll race. I honestly wouldn't consider this a fail by any means for the GTR world. The biggest builds most all of the shops have done at this point are highly focused on drag racing and many of the mods done for that make them land outside of the rules.  While UGR won the Elite 8 class, if someone focused on building a car to meet those rules in a GT-R, it isn't an impossible task to beat them. Just different priorities in my opinion...

t1sig%20new_zpsrcxzxhwf.jpg

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 2 Member

• 236 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

1) Wavtrac diffs. We have used the fronts and rears on several cars at this point. While we don't road race, we have had zero issues with them on the street or drag strip.

2) Mitch's Elite Prime is still the record holder for stock manifold ET, it's not nearly as light as some of the other 58mm cars (stock manifold or not), and it's not on meth. It made a little over 1,500whp. Car has gone 7.7 at 3,600+lbs.

3)  We have sold quite a few of the carbon drag brakes. For drag cars it's a no brainer, the weight savings are insane.  The  rears can be used on the street, but we don't recommend the fronts. Using a chute is highly recommended at the strip, for both safety and the protection of your wallet. You will chew through the pads at the strip if you aren't using the aid of a chute.

4) We have a 13" wide wheel on the back of Viren's car now, but that is the only one.  It's going to be really hard to fit anything over a 10.5W without jacking the car up high and possibly pulling the fenders. We don't like the way these cars look or work at that ride height and if it doesn't have the overfenders would prefer the taller 29.5x10.5W.

5) The Motec dash in the car pictures is likely one from Dubai. Boyan over there was doing some insanely cool stuff with the C1212.

6) TX2K roll race. I honestly wouldn't consider this a fail by any means for the GTR world. The biggest builds most all of the shops have done at this point are highly focused on drag racing and many of the mods done for that make them land outside of the rules.  While UGR won the Elite 8 class, if someone focused on building a car to meet those rules in a GT-R, it isn't an impossible task to beat them. Just different priorities in my opinion...

thanks as always guys! 

• celsius likes this

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 2 Member

• 236 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

My understanding is that everyone is using the stock clutches and just running them as a consumable part..I.E.keep replacing them.

Tony said the one piece front carbon wasn’t for everyone as it requires some serious modifications to make work

i think i come on heritage once a week ... Thanks Mike

I also wonder how the tractive woks on a 17/18 inch slick/drag radial vs 15 inch?

Yea the big screen dash. WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!.  That steering wheel is crazy! plus 1000000000000000000

Also curious to see how the all carbon car turns out. Weight savings of course?

Also, what happened at texas 2k in the roll Races? Did the gtr's compete?[/quote]
Won al classes except the top class ...UGR

I used to be here every day, but it seems people don't really post that much anymore.  That's why i make these threads like every 6 months lol 

• Tim, celsius, 7racer and 1 other like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,296 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

POPULAR

Mike I understand, FB is killing forums of all kind. Just a s a FYI Battalion charges vender fees and they have no exspenses what so ever for running there page. The flip side is that go try finding something nfrom last week to answer a question and it’s virtually impossible to find.

It’s not like we ever did this Shit to get rich, but y’all know the story....:)

Tim
  • celsius, 7racer, thehelix112 and 4 others like this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 421 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

POPULAR

Mike I understand, FB is killing forums of all kind. Just a s a FYI Battalion charges vender fees and they have no exspenses what so ever for running there page. The flip side is that go try finding something nfrom last week to answer a question and it’s virtually impossible to find.

It’s not like we ever did this Shit to get rich, but y’all know the story.... :)

Tim

You're somewhat of a hero Tim.  Usually everyone sells out to $-except you.

I've been on several forums in my lifetime for different car models and motorcycles and they either all tended to go to shit or there was a severe lacking of professionals with any valuable information making them more of a chat room than anything else.

I feel like I learn something new each time I log onto Heritage.  Good thing I own this platform.  Go out and buy a 5.0 Stang (a nice car) and go join one of those forums-what a shit show! 

• Tim, celsius, gtrnut and 2 others like this
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,296 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

You're somewhat of a hero Tim.  Usually everyone sells out to $-except you.
I've been on several forums in my lifetime for different car models and motorcycles and they either all tended to go to shit or there was a severe lacking of professionals with any valuable information making them more of a chat room than anything else.

I feel like I learn something new each time I log onto Heritage.  Good thing I own this platform.  Go out and buy a 5.0 Stang (a nice car) and go join one of those forums-what a shit show!

Think you sir!, everyone of you are vital part of this forum and I agree the information that gets shared on here is incredible. Which honestly tickles me pink
Thanks to everyone of you

Tim
  • celsius and mikelmarion like this

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 616 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14

POPULAR

I have Both diffs installed on car.  I have not run it on a road course with them. I have however driven them on the street for thousands of miles and made numerous 7 second passes at over 200MPH without issue.

This may be old news, but the Dodson Billet front housing gives me peace of mind that I will not break the prop shaft input off and put trans fluid down in front of the rear tires.  This is a concern in big horsepower applications. Also, Dodson is now making their own Synchros for the GR6

Both AMS and Command have fast 58mm cars running in the 7.5X range at high 180s traps.  Both cars are on methanol and very light.  Daves car (AMS) won his class at Texas 2K and was in the 7.5x range on a 17" slick; not a 15".

I have them on my car.  the weight savings is astounding.  since the are a carbon carbon setup they do need to be up to temp before any significant brake torque can be had.  I notice about a half second delay between getting on the brakes and any significant brake torque.  These are not street parts and should be run in conjunction with a chute.  

Ive run a 29.5"x13.5" tire in the rear at the last two events.  It really changes the car.  running 7.40s on a big tire feels less sketchy than running 7.60s did on my old 10.5W setup.  HIGHLY recommended.  I know that T1 has run a big tire, and I believe (don't quote me on it) they change the front diff ratio to correct wheel RPM for the differential tire rollout.

I am running the AMS big tire solution on my car which consists of a new set of drop gears in the transmission to correct for differential rollout.  I am also running their new billet spindle which allows a more inboard shock location.  This more inboard shock location allows for the wheel to come in towards the centerline of the car further.  As a result, I can fit the "big tire" under my stock rear quarter panel with no hammering, cutting, fender flares etc.

None from me, the cars I saw running it had teething issues unrelated to the manifold.

I have tighter front clutches.  Im not sure how much to attribute this but I was able to cut a 1.21 60ft in a 3600+ pound car.

Syvecs is using a GPS speed reference for traction control now.  It seems to be working well for my car.  my pig went 7.06@206 running it.

Edited by CasualObserver, 06 April 2019 - 12:52 PM.

ALKOUT

ALKOUT

Stock

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 09-August 17

POPULAR

That is not from Dubai, its a RH drive
The car owner is a guy from Thailand
He has a full build thread on the other forum

https://www.gtrlife....31#entry4033692
  • Tim, celsius, 7racer and 2 others like this

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 2 Member

• 236 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

so much great info here!! Thanks.  I was wondering if people were running 29 inch tires rear, what would they run in the front?  The R888R are all shorter correct?  wonder if that could be corrected.

The gear corrections sound interesting.  Wonder why there havent been any post on it?   The T1 and Ams solutions both sound cool.  The billet spind sounds cool also.  

Damn, 1.21 60? any vids of that? Do you have the control over the fwd split?

• Tim and celsius like this

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 616 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14

POPULAR

so much great info here!! Thanks. I was wondering if people were running 29 inch tires rear, what would they run in the front? The R888R are all shorter correct? wonder if that could be corrected.

The gear corrections sound interesting. Wonder why there havent been any post on it? The T1 and Ams solutions both sound cool. The billet spind sounds cool also.

I think up until these nutso powerful customer cars have become more commonplace there hasn’t really been a need for them. The billet spindle is nice because it allows you to run big tire without bacon fender or a wide body kit.

Damn, 1.21 60? any vids of that? Do you have the control over the fwd split?

Rollout aside, I wouldn’t want to run an R888 up front with a slick in the rear. The big difference in sidewall compliance would make for a nervous car.

I think up until these nutso powerful customer cars have become more commonplace there hasn’t really been a need for them. The billet spindle is nice because it allows you to run big tire without bacon fender or a wide body kit.

https://youtu.be/tJ4eBF2OPIQ Gonto 49 seconds, that’s the run with a 1.21 60ft.

Oh, another view of the 7.06 run from 1320 video. Skip to 6:30. Watch from the beginning of you are interested in my transmission debacle.
https://youtu.be/cWkZAsdvdJA

Attached Images

• DCC11DA1-AFFF-450F-BE9F-10ED2FA0EEA9.jpeg

Edited by CasualObserver, 06 April 2019 - 10:30 PM.

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 4 others like this

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 363 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan

+1 for Elite Prime and also Alpha 16XR builds. 

• mikelmarion likes this

Tom GT-R

Tom GT-R

Stage 2.5 Member

• 282 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14
+1 Has anyone heard something about the billet heads from AMS? They posted some pictures a while back, but never said anything more about them.
  • Tim and mikelmarion like this

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 563 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
  • LocationHilton Head Island, SC

POPULAR

i can not agree with this more.  If my little 69mm car can give them as much trouble as it did im sure a big turbo car that can get out on them would hurt a ton of feelings

• Tim, celsius, 7racer and 3 others like this

TSM Built 2015 

4.4 Billet block, ETS Pro1900 Turbos 
19xx whp/13xx wtq

213mph Half Mile, 7.64@184, 1.23 60 foot

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

2.8, PTE6766, ProEFI 8xx whp

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 616 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14

+1 Has anyone heard something about the billet heads from AMS? They posted some pictures a while back, but never said anything more about them.

They are around, being used and abused to make sure they are perfected before being released for sale.
  • Tim, celsius and 7racer like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,296 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

They are around, being used and abused to make sure they are perfected before being released for sale.

Jordan do you have them????
  • celsius likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users