Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Water under the trunk lid: where is it supposed to go?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Fritzbaum

Fritzbaum

Stock

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 02-March 19
  • LocationLuxembourg

Hi guys.

It has been raining heavily for a few days here and while loading my trunk, I noticed stagnant water on the right hand side, between the edge of the fender and the trunk lid seal (see picture). The left hand side is dry, so I assume there must be a drain somewhere, which is clogged on one side. Price question: where is this drain located and where does it end so I can try to unclog it, maybe blow it out with a compressor?

Best greetings and have a nice sunday,

Fritz

Attached Images

• trunk.jpeg

2015 EUDM GT-R Premium Edition

1985 Rover SD1 Vitesse

1998 Suzuki Bandit 600

1997 Yamaha Virago 535

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,629 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Dude I live in Florida where it rains a lot and I’ve never had that problem
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 475 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
The drain is clogged. Usually by debris like rotting leaves and dirt. I'm not sure where that drain goes or the best way to clean it but removing the rear bumper is where I would start.

Make sure to always clean that area every time you wash your car and avoid parking car under trees unless you have a good cover.
  • Tim likes this
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,793 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Yep drain is clogged. Both corners have a small drain that dumps that water under the bumper cover.

Depending on the year (CBA), check your front tool kit as that is a common problem as well. Water drains from the cowl into the firewall and ends up collected in the tool kit.

AMS has a simple fix.
https://www.amsperfo...sh-shield.html/
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

normally i just close me eyes and blow the s**t out of it lower right and left. If you open the trunk and see some leaves or anything clean asap so it does not clog.

greetings,

Robert

gtrguyinaz

gtrguyinaz

Stage 1 Member

• 117 posts
  • Joined 26-April 17
  • LocationEast Valley, Phoenix

A can of compressed air and the fine tube attached may clean out your drain .......I blow mine out once in a while after washing.......

Fritzbaum

Fritzbaum

Stock

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 02-March 19
  • LocationLuxembourg

I did some cleaning between the bumper and the body. Seems like the water flows more freely now. Thankfully, there's no water at the front end like droptopp suggested. Tool kit is dry as well.

• Tim likes this

2015 EUDM GT-R Premium Edition

1985 Rover SD1 Vitesse

1998 Suzuki Bandit 600

1997 Yamaha Virago 535

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users