Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which Kit For FBO E85?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
There are three choices all at the same $800 price tag; Visconti, Got Boost and Linney. What do you all recommend for a Cobb Stage 3 FBO 2016 GTR?

2016 Premium Gun Metallic with Cobb Stage 3; Cobb Catted Downpipes, Cobb Y-Pipe, NISMO Ti Exhaust, Cobb 3" CF Intakes, ID1050X Injectors, Cobb CAN Gateway with E85.

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 535 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
Looks like Linney is selling a GotBoost kit. Between GB and JV kits, each has strengths and weaknesses.

GotBoost uses quality AN lines & fittings and a custom E content analyzer micro controller in his kit. I’ve read some tuners claim GB cable shorting out, but I don’t know anyone with first hand experience. Its built in fuel temp and water contamination safeties are a nice feature, but require tuner to use a scaling table different from regular 0-5V one that zeitronix-based kits use. There is no external E content display (the LED is goofy), so you can only monitor it via Cobb or ecutek software gauge.

JV uses custom lines with quick-connect fittings and standard zeitronix ECA. I’ve read people complaining of his lines breaking and leaking - but again, no first hand experience - and I believe he improved his current lines, and replaced any that failed. Having external E content reading is nice for owners that don’t always have Cobb or ecutek phone/tablet connected.

There’s also an option of using Fuel-It bluetooth ECA with whatever lines and sensor hardware you source. It outputs the same 0-5V signal to the ECU as zeitronix, and lets you monitor E content & fuel temperature on your phone.

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
Thanks, great information! The tuner seemed to favor the Visconti kit as did the tech who will install it.
  • Tim likes this

2016 Premium Gun Metallic with Cobb Stage 3; Cobb Catted Downpipes, Cobb Y-Pipe, NISMO Ti Exhaust, Cobb 3" CF Intakes, ID1050X Injectors, Cobb CAN Gateway with E85.

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 535 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Thanks, great information! The tuner seemed to favor the Visconti kit as did the tech who will install it.

Since you’re local, I’m curious who’s installing & tuning it for you?

sigpic71174_3.gif
---

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,629 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
All 3 that you ,emtiomed are good ,don’t think you would go wrong with any of them....and thank God you didn’t mention SBD but it’s Sunday so I won’t start
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 535 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

All 3 that you ,emtiomed are good ,don’t think you would go wrong with any of them....and thank God you didn’t mention SBD but it’s Sunday so I won’t start

IIRC, SBD kit is just private label JV lines & sensor with Fuel-It BT ECA - so nothing remarkable about it that I hadn’t mentioned already.

A few shops also sell their own Zeitronix based kits at various quality and price points - T1, BoostLogic, WGP, and Buschur come to mind.
  • Tim likes this

sigpic71174_3.gif
---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users