Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New member from Luxembourg

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Fritzbaum

Fritzbaum

Stock

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 02-March 19
  • LocationLuxembourg, Europe

Hello everybody. I'm new to the forum and the world of GT-Rs, so I wanted to quickly introduce myself.

My name is quite obviously Fritz though I'm not German. I live and work in the tiny and beautiful country of Luxembourg in the heart of Europe. I work as a teacher in a correctional facility for delinquent minors, which pays well enough for me to finally be able to afford a GT-R. Before the GT-R, I have owned a few cars like a Renault Megane R.S. (loved that one, but after 8 years it started falling apart), Nissan 200SX S13 (equipped with a CA18DET), a VW Corrado G60 and a few more.

I bought a used GT-R in regal red two weeks ago with about 24000 miles on the odo (38000 km actually); it was pre-owned by a lady from Berlin, and before that a Nissan dealership owned the car for about 3 months.

My main concern was to get a low mileage car that hasn't been tampered with, so yesterday I took it to the dyno to see if it made OEM power. And it does: The result is 550 PS and 680Nm. The engineer at the testing facility later compared the results to other stock GT-Rs they had previously tested and they made more or less the same figures, so I guess that's OK.

I still need getting used to the "weird GT-R noises", so be prepared for me to post a few vids with questions like "is it supposed to do that?"

Oh, and here's the dyno sheet. Since it's in French, I'll translate:

Puissance Moteur (mesurée) = engine power (measured)

Puissance Roues (measurée) = wheel power (measured)

Pertes Puissance (mesurées) = drivetrain losses (measured)

Puissance Moteur (corrigée) = engine power (corrected after DIN)

Couple (corrigé) = torque (corrected)

Quick question here: are the drivetrain losses normal at only 52 PS? I thought they should be much higher on an AWD car.

Attached Images

• dyno.jpeg

• Tim and 7racer like this

2014 EUDM GT-R Premium Edition

1985 Rover SD1 Vitesse

1998 Suzuki Bandit 600

2002 Suzuki SV 650

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,575 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Welcome! What year is your car? 550ps to the wheels I think is a little higher than stock, maybe not for a nismo though. But I am far from an expert, so you'd need one of the more experienced members/shops to weigh in.

Share some pics when you get a chance.

Dave

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

welcome!  and not sure on the dyne chart.  It looks good to me but haven't looked at a stock dyno in a while

• Tim likes this

In7anity!!

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,094 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York
Welcome and congrats. Dynos are only tuning tools so I wouldn’t read to much into the numbers for baseline. Once you mod it you have a baseline that maybe within 5% depending on all the variables that account for numbers generated on dynos.

The parasitic loss would greatly depend on the correction factors that the operator is loading into the equation. Why every dyno reads different and a single point of data is worthless to draw any kind of correlation to.

FWIW trap speeds are true tests of whp/awhp

Now if they have dynod 20-30 GTRs then you could stack your numbers up against them and again factor in a 5% margin for variables (strap down, temp, density altitude, humidity, shop temp, fuel, age, trans, fluids, etc).

Enjoy.

Edited by droptopp, 09 March 2019 - 01:57 PM.

• Tim likes this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Fritzbaum

Fritzbaum

Stock

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 02-March 19

Thanks for the welcome. I will probably not go on the 1/4 mile with my car, simply because it's not as popular a sport on this side of the pond. I don't even know if there are events i my country. I do, however, only work 5 minutes from the German border, so my benchmark is more likely going to be 100-200 kph times. Which I haven't measured yet.

• 7racer and thehelix112 like this

1985 Rover SD1 Vitesse

1998 Suzuki Bandit 600

2002 Suzuki SV 650

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 2,094 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
  • LocationNew York
I love driving in Germany. 60-130 is a solid benchmark, personally shooting for low 3’s this year.

Be safe and again welcome

Edited by droptopp, 10 March 2019 - 10:57 AM.

TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,894 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Welcome to our little world Dude. Man love your country and Dammdude Regal red is a beautiful color. I believe there are some 1/2mile events close by to you but F that you can drive the Autobahnn ‘ IM A SUPER JEALOUS ‘

Here is a 100-200kmh to shoot for
  • droptopp likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,894 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
Didn’t load right

Attached Images

• 8AD30070-449F-40CD-8033-66B8A142A0D4.png

Fritzbaum

Fritzbaum

Stock

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 02-March 19
Holy cow, 2,8 secs, I still have some work to do to come even close!
  • Tim likes this

1985 Rover SD1 Vitesse

1998 Suzuki Bandit 600

2002 Suzuki SV 650

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,894 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Holy cow, 2,8 secs, I still have some work to do to come even close!

My man it took me 10 yrs ,take your time:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users