Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello From Scottsdale AZ

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Rusty15GTR

Rusty15GTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 06-March 19

Hello from Scottsdale AZ

I would like to share some issues that I'm having with 2015 Black edition GTR

My car was involved in accident and was hit in the right rear quarter panel. During the repair process and once the quarter panel was removed it was found that there was rust in-between the pinch welds and spot welds under the quarter panel in the rear panel section. 

This was odd because the car has never driven in the rain or any inclement whether. 

It is also always been hand washed and garaged in the desert southwest. 

It is also area located under the rear bumper cover and the trim panel located in trunk that covers the trunk latch that just never gets wet. 

I contacted Nissan GTR customer service and told in so many words that it's not their problem. 

The car was purchased new in 2016 off the dealers showroom floor. It has been meticulously maintain, and all the rust is located in the area that would never get wet as if you've it covered with a bumper cover or trim panels in the trunk.

I have enclosed photos of both the right rear where you can see the quarter panel has been removed and the rust that was under the panel where it was spot welded to the rear panel, and the other two photos show the left side of the car that is intact, but has rust coming through from under the surface in exactly the same places as the rust was found when the right quarter panel was removed.

I have had the vehicle examined by other automotive body experts and they have all stated that the contamination had to be there when the vehicle was assembled.

So my question is has anyone else experienced this issue in that section of their GTR?

Thanks

Attached Images

• IMG_2080.jpg
  • IMG_2083.jpg
  • IMG_2081.jpg
  • IMG_2082.jpg

• Ockarkn likes this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Hello! I’m also in Scottsdale. Sorry for your troubles, how long did the car sit between the accident and the photos? Just a few days outside with the rain we’ve been having would cause that kind of surface rust. The accident created the gaps between panels, and all it takes is moist air to rust like that.
Either way, a good body shop can clean and paint those areas when they repair the damage from the accident. I wouldn’t worry too much about it spreading or causing any longer term issues.

Cheers! PM me if you want to meet some other owners in the area. We get together and do cruises and stuff every once in awhile.

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users