Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Interesting article, was censored on Fbb over it

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,345 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
I was censored over saying I would revolt if This happened...meaning I would NOT vote for that politician . Unfortunately Free speech is NOT our god given right on social Media

https://driving.ca/f...QSJMxj0t5RvG4es
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Guido

Guido

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

It's sad that this is the direction big brother is headed.  This whole idea sucks, in fact any type of monitoring like this sucks.  Stay the fuck out of my life, any and all governments.  Now I can join you on the ban wagon. :)

• Tim likes this

paparazzi

paparazzi

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13
  • LocationTrinidad & Tobago

Will never happen.......No speeding tickets, no revenue generated from paying speeding tickets.

Authorities and gov'ts get way too much money from traffic and speeding violations

• Tim likes this

JDM Mine's dry carbon Spec X 6.0 with genuine Spec-V turbos 
617ft lb and 652whp on MS109E

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 2 Member

• 243 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationJoplin, MO

Similar to the article but different: Volvo announced the other day starting in 2020 all their cars will be limited to 112mph (granted if you're going to limit it why not do 90 where some areas legally are 85mph) Volvo hasn't made a comment on why they picked that number. Though they also said the Polestar branch wont be affected.

I don't see it happening anytime soon but maybe on the horizon (as it's the extreme solution), but the biggest thing would have to have accurate tech to know the speed limit of each section of every road everywhere. Otherwise if it's just limited to 112mph you can still be doing 100mph in a 20mph zone making the limited speed useless. And that's where the article picks up where Volvo leaves off.

How many of those 5,000 potential lives saved are based on speed alone? I've had friends killed by drunk drivers that came into their lanes head on, speed was an issue but the bigger issue is the drunk part. Though on the flip side tech like this is kind of already around. If you have OnStar police can call in and have the car slow and come to a stop. I believe it works with Teslas as well. Though the article is taking it to the extreme. 

• Tim likes this

IG - NoCrustGTR

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,345 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

It's sad that this is the direction big brother is headed.  This whole idea sucks, in fact any type of monitoring like this sucks.  Stay the fuck out of my life, any and all governments.  Now I can join you on the ban wagon. :)

Our government swears they want to stay out of our lives. But everything they. Do says otherwise

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,345 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Similar to the article but different: Volvo announced the other day starting in 2020 all their cars will be limited to 112mph (granted if you're going to limit it why not do 90 where some areas legally are 85mph) Volvo hasn't made a comment on why they picked that number. Though they also said the Polestar branch wont be affected.

I don't see it happening anytime soon but maybe on the horizon (as it's the extreme solution), but the biggest thing would have to have accurate tech to know the speed limit of each section of every road everywhere. Otherwise if it's just limited to 112mph you can still be doing 100mph in a 20mph zone making the limited speed useless. And that's where the article picks up where Volvo leaves off.

How many of those 5,000 potential lives saved are based on speed alone? I've had friends killed by drunk drivers that came into their lanes head on, speed was an issue but the bigger issue is the drunk part. Though on the flip side tech like this is kind of already around. If you have OnStar police can call in and have the car slow and come to a stop. I believe it works with Teslas as well. Though the article is taking it to the extreme.

Very Valid points my friend. I bet they have. No idea how accidents are cause by people ,coming in others lanes or reaching down to get their phone ETC.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,345 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Will never happen.......No speeding tickets, no revenue generated from paying speeding tickets.

Authorities and gov'ts get way too much money from traffic and speeding violations

God I hope so sir.

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,971 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Meh, self driving cars will be upon us soon enough and all of this will be irrelevant :)
I can’t wait!! More posting on Heritage while riding comfortably in the back seat!
  • thehelix112 likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,478 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Plenty of articles out there how autonomous vehicles and ride share will be the beginning of the end for personal car ownership.

I believe could be the case in big cities but not the sticks ;)
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

Guido

Guido

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

Limiting a car to 112 in Germany is not going to work when you have no speed limit on the Autobahn.  I can't see that country every agreeing to cars that limit the top speed.  But Europe always seems to ahead of  us in the government controlling the masses.

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 2 Member

• 243 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationJoplin, MO

Limiting a car to 112 in Germany is not going to work when you have no speed limit on the Autobahn.  I can't see that country every agreeing to cars that limit the top speed.  But Europe always seems to ahead of  us in the government controlling the masses.

But even in Germany the Autobahn is not unlimited very much any longer. I was over there last September and the unlimited zones are only for a few miles at a time and then drop down to 120-140kmph zones (75-85mph). Back and forth back and forth, once you're up to a high speed you have to slow back down. It was actually more annoying.

IG - NoCrustGTR

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 109 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14
  • LocationStenungsund Sweden

Don`t bet on it!

They`re finding new ways of generating money,congestion charges,toll roads,ultra low emission zones,the new high resolution cameras are detecting people using a phone, eating,smoking,drinking tailgating etc at a distance of 1km! The list goes on. I remember reading about four cameras that caught out 8,300 motorists!

Still plenty of hard earned cash to be made from motorists lol 

Guido

Guido

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

But even in Germany the Autobahn is not unlimited very much any longer. I was over there last September and the unlimited zones are only for a few miles at a time and then drop down to 120-140kmph zones (75-85mph). Back and forth back and forth, once you're up to a high speed you have to slow back down. It was actually more annoying.

Well so much for taking my GTR to Germany then.  

• Tim likes this

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 501 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

My guess is tire speed rating. 112 mph just happens to be the limit of “S”, and I’m further guessing the new energy efficient tires they use to eeke out a few extra MPG are S-rated.
  • Tim and elf_cruiser like this

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,345 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Well so much for taking my GTR to Germany then.

Fuck or what dude..I did not even think about that shit.
And Fuck I alway want ed to cruise at 150…listening to Marly in the right frame of mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users