Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What do I need? Rear Camber Adjustments

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 488 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
My car is lowered and the best Camber I can get with the stock components is -2.3°. I'm trying to get it back in a -1.5 to -1.8 range since this is a street car.

Do I need both the aftermarket camber rods and toe rods?

Which brand would be the most affordable and not compromise safety or durability?
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

mathef

mathef

Stage 1 Member

• 106 posts
  • Joined 27-October 16
Just adjustable camber.
  • socalaviator likes this

-Ecutek 7(Linney Tuned), TSM 3.8L,  TSM Elite Plus Turbos, FWM FPM Kit, Linney Ultimate Race IC with short route piping, Fabworx Valvetronic Exhaust, Ported Intake manifolds, Linney Billet Throttle Bodies, Ferea Valve Train, Tomei Cams, AMS Fuel Rail Kit, Fore Triple Pump (485s) Hardwired, ID 1700cc injectors, Flex Fuel, Jacks Drag 1000 (braced), Syvecs AWD Controller

mstaudt2003

mstaudt2003

Stock

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 14-March 14
SPL and go through James at Vivid Racing
Using Tapatalk

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 488 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

SPL and go through James at Vivid Racing

James is a good guy.

Why do you recommend SPL over other brands? Any particular reason?

mstaudt2003

mstaudt2003

Stock

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 14-March 14
You can’t go wrong with SPL product, super easy to use light weight and strong. If you can afford it pick up the rear toe, and lockout bolts then rest reassured that it will not deviate.
Using Tapatalk

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,830 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
+1 SPL - STM has them on the shelf.

Edited by droptopp, 20 February 2019 - 09:23 PM.

TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,039 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
That’s interesting, how much are you lowered?

I’m dropped about 1” on Swift SpecR springs and have no trouble getting rear camber set to 1.5 to 1.8 which I’ve found is the sweet spot for most tracks. SPL makes great parts for sure, but I always considered them to be an upgrade of strength, not adjustability.

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 488 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

That’s interesting, how much are you lowered?

I’m dropped about 1” on Swift SpecR springs and have no trouble getting rear camber set to 1.5 to 1.8 which I’ve found is the sweet spot for most tracks. SPL makes great parts for sure, but I always considered them to be an upgrade of strength, not adjustability.

Im pretty sure I'm only lowered about an inch. Im on KW V3 coilovers so not exactly sure the exact drop after it was installed. But it is very mild.

Seems like every car is unique when it comes to max adjustment-at least that's what I was told by a GTR tech ages ago.

So what you're saying is the SPL camber arms won't get me any more adjustment than the stock arms?

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,039 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Im pretty sure I'm only lowered about an inch. Im on KW V3 coilovers so not exactly sure the exact drop after it was installed. But it is very mild.

Seems like every car is unique when it comes to max adjustment-at least that's what I was told by a GTR tech ages ago.

So what you're saying is the SPL camber arms won't get me any more adjustment than the stock arms?

I’m sure the SPL arms would have more adjustment, however I would expect the factory arms to get you into the range you’re looking for. There can’t be too much disparity between GT-R’s unless he means that it varied from year to year. My car is a CBA if that helps...

Just pull iff the diffuser and check it out. It only takes 20-30 mins to change the camber. If you don’t have toe plates and a camber gauge then it will be tough to dial in the alignment but you could at peast drive it to a shop for that after you verify the camber is in range.

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Indy

Indy

Stock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-September 18

The SPL camber links will give you all the adjustment you want.  On my 09 with Eibach springs I have mine adjusted to 0 camber for drag racing.  I did have to get the toe links also to make everything work. 

2009 Solid Red FBO Flex Fuel, Shep Stage 4 Trans, Motec Tuned and Supported by TOP SPEED MOTORSPORTS, Titek 4" Exhaust, Omega Brushless Fuel Pump, ID 1300 Injectors, CF Intakes, Race FMIC & Piping, Tial BOV's, 2012 Turbo Inlets, SPL Camber and Toe Links, SPL Upper Control Arms, Boost Logic Rear Drag Brake Kit, WP Pro Front Drag Brake Kit, 17" Rear Drag Wheels with MT 305/45R17 ET Street R Tires, Enkei PF01 18" Front Wheels with MT 275/45R18 ET Street SS Tires.

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 488 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

I’m sure the SPL arms would have more adjustment, however I would expect the factory arms to get you into the range you’re looking for. There can’t be too much disparity between GT-R’s unless he means that it varied from year to year. My car is a CBA if that helps...

Just pull iff the diffuser and check it out. It only takes 20-30 mins to change the camber. If you don’t have toe plates and a camber gauge then it will be tough to dial in the alignment but you could at peast drive it to a shop for that after you verify the camber is in range.

Yeah I wish I had more info as to why -2.3 is the best they could do in the rear but it was an extremely reputable shop with their own road course race GTR. They said they tried their best and that was the most adjustment they had towards more positive numbers.

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 488 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

The SPL camber links will give you all the adjustment you want.  On my 09 with Eibach springs I have mine adjusted to 0 camber for drag racing.  I did have to get the toe links also to make everything work.

At what point do you begin to need the toe links when making camber adjustments in the rear?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users