Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM | GT-R World Cup ***RECAP THREAD***

- - - - - topspeed motorsports tsm gt-r world cup ets extreme turbo systems motec

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,088 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

*Please Note:    They layout of this post has pictures between paragraphs instead of at the bottom... scroll slowly :)  *

This most recent update comes slightly delayed, so I’m sorry to all those sitting on the edge of their seats awaiting our official World Cup recap. To say this has been a crazy week would be a massive understatement.

This past weekend the entire TSM team myself included attended the 2019 GT-R World Cup at Bradenton Motorsports Park. This event is absolutely top notch, I strongly suggest anyone make a point to go watch or participate at least once.

We supported eight cars at this event, seven of which were our full builds, with one of them being someone else's engine with our turbos. All in all I couldn’t be much happier with the results as a whole. It’s impossible to take 8 cars to an event ranging from 1200hp to 2200hp and expect everything to go perfectly, but I’m proud of the reliability and consistency of our cars and my staff for sure!

I will say we were for sure out gunned when it came to “race car life” at this event. This is the first event I have honestly felt like the GT-R is quickly turning into a drag car vs a street going car that can be drag raced. In the future event organizers for all of the major events are really going to have to take a look at implementing rules similar to all of the older imports / domestics. When you have a car that weighs 3000lbs racing a car that weighs 4000lbs in the same class because of turbo size it really isn’t a fair fight. That however didn’t stop us from going rounds and taking our two heaviest street cars to the finals in the most competitive classes.

I’ll start with the big cars… neither of them really worked LOL.

Leading up to the event we were very busy as usual trying to get everyones car ready to roll. Some last minute changes on some of the cars as well as some unforeseen complications with outside vendors put us a little behind the gun…. what’s new right? Because of that we didn’t have a chance to get out to the strip and test our new fuel system on either the Christmas’ car or my car. This was a mistake I will not be making again!

This event marked our first time running mechanical fuel pump setups on both cars and we only ever tested them in non prepped launch situations. What we learned was that during the 1-2 shift the g forces were so great that it was starving the pump of fuel. We had thought about this prior to the event and came up with what we felt was a solid solution. It worked on the street, but it did not work at the race track. Unfortunately we were forced to switch things back to an electric pump supported system on Christmas’ car and given the lack of time we decided to just park mine.

RLB_6978_zpswojqrsjc.jpg

RLB_6953_zpsnhnu2mjy.jpg

Alex was still able to go rounds with her car so we could get some data, but unfortunately it was well under the power it was capable of. You can bet your ass that will NOT be the case for TX2K in 4 short weeks! On that note we have some surprises coming for you guys soon.

RLB_7286_zpsufvgle7v.jpg

Spachman and. his car performed flawlessly per usual! That car has been a staple in our camp for years now! The car ran round after round constantly running high 7s drama free. We did nothing but put fuel in it for 3 days straight. Brian ended up going to the finals against the John Shepard in the 68mm class on Saturday… very, very unfortunately on the launch his ring and pinion decided it didn’t like it’s home anymore (the diff case) and it exploded. A very small fix,  and definitely drag race life.. but dang that would have been a great race if it weren’t for such bad timing!

*Didn't snag a picture of Mike's car... sorry*

It was the first time in the TSM paddock for Mike’s ELITE Plus car. We didn’t build the car but rather installed turbos on it and tuned it for the event. Mike was an absolute joy to be around and had a goal to run 8s for the first time at the WC. Well he ran a couple of 9.1s until we realized that the boost control solenoid had quit working due to being mounted over the manifold. Thankfully we had one in the trailer to replace it with. With that installed he came out of the gate running an 8.6 first time out! He was ecstatic! Unfortunately on his second pass after the solenoid was fixed he lifted a head on his 4 year old engine built by another shop. It happens! We will be updating his build to our engine and then pushing it at TX2K to get him deeper into the 8s!!!

RLB_6891_zpskjodjhvg.jpg

Glenn’s ELITE Prime we just finished was for the most part a rock solid performer. Unfortunately it suffered from some defective seals in the trans for lack of better words. Thankfully with the support of John Shepard trackside him and Taylor were able to tune a work around by doing some tricky torque cuts on shift allowing it to still compete in the event. It was a tiny bit handicapped but still ran 8.2s consistently on a completely fresh build. Glenn got a little antsy on the light during eliminations and knocked himself out going red … happens to the best of us!

RLB_7183_zpsvpityzje.jpg

I just complete a thread on Jan’s ELITE Prime GT-R. I meant to do a thread about most of these cars before the event but time got away from me. Jan has been a long time loyal customer and a very committed drag racer. This car we use somewhat like our own when it comes to pushing it to the limits and trusting in our engine program to back us up. So far that approach has not disappointed. The goal for this car ever since we developed the ELITE Plus successor was to run a 7 second pass. As I previously mentioned, we push this car like it is mine so off the trailer at WC we gave her the onion. She didn’t just tickle the 7s… she went in over a tenth… 7.88 @ 175mph!!! Couldn’t be happier! His car weighs well over 3900lbs with him in it so running a 7.8 is a huge accomplishment in my opinion. His car continued to run 7s the entire event until he unfortunately red lit in the semi finals. I felt so bad because the pass before I slugged him in the arm and said “don’t red light” … he replies “I haven’t redlit in 6 years.. I don’t plan on it.” GO FIGURE!!! As a side note Jan’s car also has our prototype drag suspension setup on it which we were dialing in with our suspension engineer throughout the event. I’m pretty excited to release that setup to the public once we get it completely dialed in!

RLB_7279_zpsnyulkxbj.jpg

Andrew’s ELITE Prime 2017 GT-R did NOT disappoint. Andrew drove his car all the way to the finals in the 58mm class. I have to say I’m proud of this build and him as a driver. He probably had the most out gunned car in the class. Absolutely full weight, completely daily driver status with absolutely ZERO creature comforts deleted. All the way down to the stock steel brakes. This is a 100% off the shelf, completely daily drivable ELITE Prime setup. There has been talk about having to run high gates to make power but this car proves all that BS wrong. 23-24psi gates, completely tunable on any pump gas, and the car still went 173mph full weight! Absolutely impressive!

At the end of the event I was pleased. We learned some things to double check in the future, we learned some things that did work, and we learned some things at 2200+hp that don’t work. I have been going to these events supporting customers for longer than most, and I can say as long as you come away with a camp full of satisfied clients and increased knowledge of how to push further, it is a win! We took 2nd in two of the most competitive classes, a 3rd place, and “fastest true streetcar”! Every single car drove in the trailer (besides Spachman’s because his diff was mad) and all of the customers went home happy.. most with new personal bests!!!

I have to say a huge thank you to Eric and Parin of GT-R World Cup and Chicago Motorcars! These guys care about the community and did a great job putting on this event. They take constructive criticism, think outside the box and simply do a wonderful job! I am honored to call them friends and proud to be a part of their addition to our community as a whole!

Big thanks also to the guys over at Extreme Turbo Systems.  All of their team is basically an extension of ours and vise versa at this point.  I can't say enough about these guys knowledge, dedication and support!  Their addition to the industry matches their line of parts which is second to none!!! 

Finally thank you to my staff! The dedication these guys (and one girl) put into our customers being able to enjoy their cars is simply astounding. I am shocked on a weekly basis at the things this team do to go above and beyond without even being asked. Without their dynamic ability to work as a team and aggressive passion for the success of our company I would still be a man with a dream that has no reality. Thank you guys!

TX2K HERE WE COME!!!

RLB_7176_zpssw2x7paa.jpg

RLB_7000_zpsyqcwzkub.jpg

RLB_7128_zpsoimzj1bo.jpg

• Tim, celsius, ghostrider and 2 others like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

ETS Michael

ETS Michael

Stage 3 Member

• Vendors
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12
  • LocationVancouver, WA

As always, awesome job guys!  TX2K is going to be crazy!  Unfortunately Taylor won't be allowed on the track :P

• Tim and celsius like this
Michael Roark - Extreme Turbo Systems - 360-896-3000 - Michael@extremeturbosystems.com

6.73 @ 223mph - ETS G - Winner of the GT-R World Cup and TX2K19

6.88 @ 222mph - Silver ETS GTR

255mph 1/2 Mile GT-R World Record - Silver ETS GTR

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

POPULAR

As always, awesome job guys!  TX2K is going to be crazy!  Unfortunately Taylor won't be allowed on the track :P

There are about 14 million people that wouldnt mind seeing him try to walk on a track again.... LOL

• Tim, celsius, thehelix112 and 3 others like this

ETS Michael

ETS Michael

Stage 3 Member

• Vendors
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12
  • LocationVancouver, WA

There are about 14 million people that wouldnt mind seeing him try to walk on a track again.... LOL

hahahha

• celsius and thehelix112 like this
Michael Roark - Extreme Turbo Systems - 360-896-3000 - Michael@extremeturbosystems.com

6.73 @ 223mph - ETS G - Winner of the GT-R World Cup and TX2K19

6.88 @ 222mph - Silver ETS GTR

255mph 1/2 Mile GT-R World Record - Silver ETS GTR

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,266 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
So elite prime is the name. I like it.

Dave
  • celsius and droptopp like this

celsius

celsius

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 420 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Taylor was caught in a sticky situation! See you all at Tx2k19
92405520d1ee4344355a8ef4c29014f2.jpg77f0c3ec07047bacde70882688b336cd.jpg

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.)

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race @ Tx2k19

drmikems

drmikems

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
  • LocationBiloxi, MS

POPULAR

great write up !  I feel really good that I was even mentioned !!  Car was running great, being dialed in by Taylor, running back to back 8.5s but then hey things happen !!  Bottom line the TSM crew took care of everything !!  Overly pleased and can not wait for TX2K !!!!  Thanks Cicio and your whole team !!!51254711_1973703229592541_8644748888776900608_o.jpg

• Tim, Cicio@TSM, celsius and 5 others like this

Eric G

Eric G

Stock

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 28-October 16

POPULAR

Great Writeup Cicio! Thank you for your continued support and friendship :)

Rule Changes are already in place for 2020

I plan on moving the street and modified classes to full interior cars:

- no Lexan and functional power windows

- Functional factory style headlight and tailights

- No exposed metals in the interior

I really want those classes to be street car classes. Even allowing that we will see 7 second timeslips..... which is fucking mental. 

• Tim, UnaBomber, celsius and 2 others like this

Eric Gaudi

President 

GT-R World Cup

& Sales associate at Chicago Motor cars

www.gtrworldcup.com

www.chicagomotorcars.com 

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,461 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Great Writeup Cicio! Thank you for your continued support and friendship :)

Rule Changes are already in place for 2020

I plan on moving the street and modified classes to full interior cars:
- no Lexan and functional power windows
- Functional factory style headlight and tailights
- No exposed metals in the interior

I really want those classes to be street car classes. Even allowing that we will see 7 second timeslips..... which is fucking mental.

This makes me Happy:) :) :) :)
  • celsius and thehelix112 like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: topspeed motorsports, tsm, gt-r world cup, ets, extreme turbo systems, motec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users