Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WGP - Doug Ross

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Guido

Guido

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

Doug mentioned a couple of weeks ago he was going to be down in SoCal last week to put an engine in a GTR at Bulletproof Automotive.  I have had issues with my car since I purchased it, but really didn't have anyone but the shop that originally installed the kit to go to (the car came with the kit installed and tuned),

I wanted another person to check it out and see what they thought.

Well, it turns out there were a LOT of issues.  The trans has always shifted funny and it turns out the way the settings were set, the trans did not shift as smoothly as it should (mostly 1st and 2nd gear).  I also learned that the upgraded trans I have is not really sufficient for the power the car makes, which is odd since the shop that installed the kit did both the engine build and the trans build.   You would think they would realize this issue, but apparently not.  All this does is make you have to upgrade the clutches in your trans when the start to slip instead of putting in better ones to begin with.

Add to this a loud clacking sound from the fuel system located in the stock location, and a couple of other things, and it was clear the shop I had been going to was not very good and really didn't want to deal with the complaints I had.

So Doug did several things to take care of the various issues and i changed from Cobb to Ecutek.  After the work was done (in just a couple of days between doing his other build), I cannot believe how much better the car runs and sounds.  It's on a base tune right now, but I'll be getting revisions loaded this week to fine tune it even more.  But it drives so much better now.  I wish he had come down here a year ago!

There are still things I want to do with the car, but that is down the road a bit, but when I do, I'll have Doug do the work.  

He even delivered the car back to me at my house in Fullerton (he was staying in Santa Monica, about 45 miles away).

So all I can say is he did a great job, explained everything to me and his prices were very reasonable.

• Tim, thehelix112, Ian201 and 1 other like this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,802 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Happy to have met you!

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users