Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NEED HELP / WHITELINE SWAY BAR KIT - ISSUES

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,083 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

would fit on the 2019 GT-R I ordered

I just re-read that looking at all the info....

After all the track problems we had with this beast?  You're still all in?

Shawn

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 905 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I just re-read that looking at all the info....

After all the track problems we had with this beast?  You're still all in?

Shawn

Absolutely!

Just got a call from my dealer and he said I should expect my 2019 GT-R sometime in May. Just ordered a set of Pilot Sport Cup 2's for it to run on a spare set of 20" wheels I have, and then track fluid, pads and rotors and I'll take it from there. I'll see how much softer the suspension is on track, and it might need the new Litchfield track suspension or something else. I love the GT-R (and many other cars too!).

Will be putting up my 09 for sale still with its original tranny functioning perfectly when the snow melts here.

• 7racer, thehelix112, elf_cruiser and 1 other like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,083 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Absolutely!

Just got a call from my dealer and he said I should expect my 2019 GT-R sometime in May. Just ordered a set of Pilot Sport Cup 2's for it to run on a spare set of 20" wheels I have, and then track fluid, pads and rotors and I'll take it from there. I'll see how much softer the suspension is on track, and it might need the new Litchfield track suspension or something else. I love the GT-R (and many other cars too!).

Will be putting up my 09 for sale still with its original tranny functioning perfectly when the snow melts here.

I still love the GT-R world (absolutely), but my best home track is BRUTAL on brakes, and I ate SO many pads, and SO many rotors without good cooling.

After SIX full track days on the STOCK M5 pads and STILL having meat on the pad without triggering the brake pad wear sensor, it has become so apparent to me that brake cooling means so much on a heavy car.

I hope to see you again someday.  Still tracking, just doing it in a big comfy sedan that I can easily shove four track wheels into.  (and of incidental note, uses the SAME tire size as the GT-R in the back - interesting?)

Shawn

• thehelix112 and awdtt like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,248 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Thsts awesome decartes. Can't wait to hear your impressions jumping 10 years of OEM down the road.

Dave
  • 7racer likes this

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,094 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Raw evidence Shawn's a hoarder.  I *knew* it all along.

The geometry in the lower control arms is different by about 1 inch and then some.  I do not know if this affected the mount for the swaybar.  It did move the shockpoint mount significantly.

I had a Whiteline swaybar, and it fit the 2009 perfectly.  I still have it, if you need to compare.

Shawn

• Tim likes this
2015 BE Frankenmotor

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,094 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Anyone want know what the avatar is all about. It's a photon radiation machine aimed directly at the family jewels.  Guys get your PSA checked.  Shawn's running a special this month but you have to be over 65. :D

• Tim and shawnhayes like this
2015 BE Frankenmotor

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,083 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Anyone want know what the avatar is all about. It's a photon radiation machine aimed directly at the family jewels.  Guys get your PSA checked.  Shawn's running a special this month but you have to be over 65. :D

Good advice my friend.  And yes, I am a hoarder.  I have all my GT-R hardware that I didn't sell.  Maybe waiting on that magical used nismo that comes up.

Shawn

• Tim, 7racer and awdtt like this

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,094 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

I still love the GT-R world (absolutely), but my best home track is BRUTAL on brakes, and I ate SO many pads, and SO many rotors without good cooling.

After SIX full track days on the STOCK M5 pads and STILL having meat on the pad without triggering the brake pad wear sensor, it has become so apparent to me that brake cooling means so much on a heavy car.

I hope to see you again someday.  Still tracking, just doing it in a big comfy sedan that I can easily shove four track wheels into.  (and of incidental note, uses the SAME tire size as the GT-R in the back - interesting?)

Shawn

Stop gloating.  You're sounding a lot like Rudy :)

• Tim and shawnhayes like this
2015 BE Frankenmotor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users