Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Motec m150 setup

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

marcopagliaroli9

marcopagliaroli9

Stock

• Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 20-October 16

friends which method work would you recommend on motec gtr R35?

0.....Defines which method is used to calculate Engine Load Normalised.
If Engine Load Normalised Mode is Normal, Engine Load Normalised is the ratio of Engine Load to the estimated engine load under standard air pressure (101.325kPa) and temperature (20°C) conditions. This is the recommended setting. However, note that changing Engine Efficiency then influences Engine Load Normalised which will affect all tables that use Engine Load Normalised.

1.....If Engine Load Normalised Mode is Inlet Manifold Pressure, Engine Load Normalised is equal to Inlet Manifold Pressure / 101.325kPa.

2......If Engine Load Normalised Mode is Throttle Position, Engine Load Normalised is equal to Throttle Position

now I'm using the method.... Load Normalised Mode is Inlet Manifold Pressure (1)
  • RobChoky likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,227 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
I have no idea, can anybody help the man
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

marcopagliaroli9

marcopagliaroli9

Stock

• Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 20-October 16
great tim yours is always the most powerful of gtr...
  • Tim likes this

240Z TwinTurbo

240Z TwinTurbo

Stage 2.5 Member

• 267 posts
  • Joined 06-February 14
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

friends which method work would you recommend on motec gtr R35?

0.....Defines which method is used to calculate Engine Load Normalised.
If Engine Load Normalised Mode is Normal, Engine Load Normalised is the ratio of Engine Load to the estimated engine load under standard air pressure (101.325kPa) and temperature (20°C) conditions. This is the recommended setting. However, note that changing Engine Efficiency then influences Engine Load Normalised which will affect all tables that use Engine Load Normalised.

1.....If Engine Load Normalised Mode is Inlet Manifold Pressure, Engine Load Normalised is equal to Inlet Manifold Pressure / 101.325kPa.

2......If Engine Load Normalised Mode is Throttle Position, Engine Load Normalised is equal to Throttle Position

now I'm using the method.... Load Normalised Mode is Inlet Manifold Pressure (1)

Pretty much all standalone systems are basically the same with some being more advanced than others.  It is really a question of how the tables are presented and how well the company explains these tables.  You don't want to run 2 because you need to measure actual intake manifold pressure as one of several parameters to estimate VE.  This is more for NA applications with individual throttle bodies that don't have a plenum.

You can run 1, which you selected, that converts inlet manifold pressure as a percentage of standard atmospheric pressure (101.325kPa).  However, you would be better off to run what is recommended "0."  Instead of referencing a default value for standard atmospheric pressure you are going to reference actual atmospheric pressure using a baro sensor.  This will more accurately calculate cylinder fill and will also make the car run better if you change altitude.

• Tim likes this

2006 EVO IX (573hp/439tq @ wheels)

2009 GTR Premium (707hp/628tq @ wheels)

Built RB26 with no home (everything is for sale...lots of stuff)

Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX35r Topmount Experiment
Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX3576r, Curt Brown 10:1 2L, R2's, 110octane, 573hp/439tq

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,227 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Thanks Jeff
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

marcopagliaroli9

marcopagliaroli9

Stock

• Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 20-October 16
Thankyou friend
Ok no doubt it is 0 the best method but I noticed a slight irregularity at least at cold up to 40 degrees then it starts to be linear what I have to check to eliminate this defect....

marcopagliaroli9

marcopagliaroli9

Stock

• Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 20-October 16
maybe the minimum is also due to the fact that I had the injectors sir 2000 cc that I'm replacing them with id 1700x were difficult to calibrate I modified many parameters but I have not solved..

240Z TwinTurbo

240Z TwinTurbo

Stage 2.5 Member

• 267 posts
  • Joined 06-February 14
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Thankyou friend
Ok no doubt it is 0 the best method but I noticed a slight irregularity at least at cold up to 40 degrees then it starts to be linear what I have to check to eliminate this defect....

You need to get your injector parameters squared away before you make progress on tuning.  I assume the reference above is regarding cold start performance and if so, get your VE table tuned for idle, cruise and light load as well as your acceleration enrichments prior to finalizing cold start tables.  I would also initially limit acceleration enrichments to TPS based to reduce the initial complexity and you can always add MAP or other other types of acceleration enrichments later.  Once this is done you can then focus on the cold start tables to get your sub 40 degree performance dialed in.

maybe the minimum is also due to the fact that I had the injectors sir 2000 cc that I'm replacing them with id 1700x were difficult to calibrate I modified many parameters but I have not solved..

Click on the "Plug n' Play Data" tab in the link below.  Should have all the information needed to calibrate injector parameters in one of the 4 Excel files.  Not sure what Motec is specifically looking for, but I assume injector latency that is provided here "ID1700 – Cobb Subaru Characterization Tables – 6-23-2015".  You can always just call ID and they will give you whatever Motec needs.

http://injectordynam...jectors/id1700/

• Tim likes this

2006 EVO IX (573hp/439tq @ wheels)

2009 GTR Premium (707hp/628tq @ wheels)

Built RB26 with no home (everything is for sale...lots of stuff)

Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX35r Topmount Experiment
Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX3576r, Curt Brown 10:1 2L, R2's, 110octane, 573hp/439tq

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
I would really really really advise you to pay one of the experienced shops to walk you through the tuning per hour, so that you could learn from someone who knows exactly what they are doing, and they can assist you with tuning your car.
  • Tim, 7racer and Mattson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users