Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Broke something in the Trans. Got this code.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 3 Member

• 371 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
When I had this issue I got the "T/M system malfunction" message as well as "engine system malfunction" message and "service engine soon" light.

Is this normal? The engine messages worried me but maybe they show up in conjunction with trans error codes and malfunctions?
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Jared@SFS

Jared@SFS

Stage 3 Member

• Vendors
  • 376 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13
  • LocationAlpharetta Georgia

When I had this issue I got the "T/M system malfunction" message as well as "engine system malfunction" message and "service engine soon" light.

Is this normal? The engine messages worried me but maybe they show up in conjunction with trans error codes and malfunctions?

Most likely the ECU code is just the "hey something is wrong with your transmission". One of the reasons most modern cars will light up the entire dash for a single fault, it's every system reporting a code that there is a problem with another system.

• 7racer and socalaviator like this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 3 Member

• 371 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Most likely the ECU code is just the "hey something is wrong with your transmission". One of the reasons most modern cars will light up the entire dash for a single fault, it's every system reporting a code that there is a problem with another system.

Thanks Jared. I figured it was something along those lines as I can't imagine anything went wrong with the engine. Engines sounds good, idles well and no ECM DTC codes pop up in Ecutek in regards to the engine.
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users