Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

front subframe bolts - are these always this tight?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Vanilla

Vanilla

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 01-November 18

about to remove my engine. only the 4 nuts and 2 bolts on the subframe left...and I could not get any to loosen. broke 2 (good quality) 1/2" sockets while trying to loosen them with a breaker bar. (none of the bolts are rusty)

gonna pick up a 3/4" breaker bar and impact socket tomorrow and hope the suckers will move...

any suggestions?

Edited by Vanilla, 19 December 2018 - 03:07 PM.

Steven

Steven

Stock

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 18-April 15
I just use an air impact and they come right off.
  • Enshiu likes this

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

mine come loose easily by hand. Are you sure there is no weight still holding the engine down put something to support under it and then loosen.

Vanilla

Vanilla

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 01-November 18

hey thanks for the responses. got them all out today. the 2 nuts up front were easy to remove only the back ones were over tightened. I guess when the bellhousing was replaced the garage didn't give 2 shits about applying the correct torque and rather went for as tight as it gets.

• Enshiu and 7racer like this

Enshiu

Enshiu

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 348 posts
  • Joined 01-January 13
  • LocationNL,UK,JP

Never use a breaker bar unless you have put anti seize on it. Just use a impact gun. Better safe than drilling those out if they break.

Been working with enshiu on my car for the past 2 days. This guy is a mad scientist. He knows his stuff about GT-Rs. We spent the past few days changing brakes, rotors and upgrading my  gotboost full intercooler piping. Enshiu will post pics of my car later.

My project:

http://www.gtrherita...-600whp-upgrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users