Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

B is for Build R35 GT-R

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 1,035 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15
I’m not knowledgeable in body work. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest) what would you guys rate the quality of his work?

Jared@SFS

Jared@SFS

Stage 3 Member

• Vendors
  • 383 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13
  • LocationAlpharetta Georgia

I’m not knowledgeable in body work. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest) what would you guys rate the quality of his work?

On a scale of 1-10, I rate it YouTube.

• droptopp likes this

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 1,035 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15

On a scale of 1-10, I rate it YouTube.

Can you break down everything done wrong? How would you do it?

Jared@SFS

Jared@SFS

Stage 3 Member

• Vendors
  • 383 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13
  • LocationAlpharetta Georgia

Can you break down everything done wrong? How would you do it?

I've been messaging and working with him on some of the other aspects, and he's a really good dude. What he is doing will work well, and for a car you'll keep its ok.

1: Should pull the body as straight as possible before cutting anything off. He can't do this as he doesn't have the equipment. Even if you know you are removing the part, you try to pull it back to the original position as much as possible

2: The inner wheel well is functional and will do it's job. Again, if you want it "right" you buy the replacement parts from Nissan or get a 1/4 cut and recover them from a crashed car. 

Again if you are keeping this for you never to sell, he's doing a ok job of it, and he really isn't doing anything that makes it unsafe. He and other content creators like Tavarish make working on your own car less daunting, and opens up ideas for what you might tackle yourself if you've got some basic skills.

Oh and 3: I was just trying to be funny.

• VR_power and Vanilla like this

Vanilla

Vanilla

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 01-November 18

I applaud these guys for doing it themselves. Yes there are always people that can do it better/know more and specialize in only 1-2 things with heaps of experience. What people also forget is that the repair they do is only halve of the Job: they produce a Video which they host, cut, write, and whatnot themselves. If it wasn't entertaining, no one would watch. And that is the point.

And as time goes by and people with knowledge contact them and help them get better. Isn't that pretty much like this Forum? ;)

• Carmiwrx and 7racer like this

Carmiwrx

Carmiwrx

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13
  • LocationClarkesville, GA

Edited by Carmiwrx, 25 February 2019 - 04:43 PM.

• Tim likes this
RIP: C. O, E. H., C.S-K.

I popped my motor after 4yrs and 8k miles which all of them were hard miles like a dude fucking his first piece of pussy after doing 5yrs in the joint. -Tim S.

GTR heritage - come get some!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users