Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

downpipes+ypipe+? stock exhaust or aftermarked

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Vanilla

Vanilla

Stock

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 01-November 18

Hello, I have a question I couldn't yet find the answer to:

if I was running efr's 6758 with up to 700 lb ft how much would I gain or loose by using either stock exhaust or aftermarked exhaust (lets say 4")

...connected to 3" catless dp's and twin 200 cell cats silenced y-pipe.

my main concern is noise which I have to keep down due to regulations here. So if I was to change the exhaust I would only do it for power ;)

(Only quiet 4" exhaust on the marked seems to be the Litchfield one!?)

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

in the US there are A LOT of 4" options.  How much HP are you putting down?

In7anity!!

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 3 Member

• 371 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
You can use an exhaust cut-out with your stock exhaust. That way you can remain very quiet but open the exhaust cut-out when you plan to go full power.
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

Vanilla

Vanilla

Stock

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 01-November 18

yes I've seen the cut out option, would be nice to have. but I would be in big trouble using this as police do check under the car here when you get stopped. they know all the tricks.

so cut-out or valved system is not an option. only a quiet 4". and I'm wondering if its worth the $3000 premium over the stock exhaust regarding power gains?

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 3 Member

• 371 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

yes I've seen the cut out option, would be nice to have. but I would be in big trouble using this as police do check under the car here when you get stopped. they know all the tricks.

so cut-out or valved system is not an option. only a quiet 4". and I'm wondering if its worth the $3000 premium over the stock exhaust regarding power gains?

Hmmm...tough call. Even the quietest 4" exhausts aren't what I would consider quiet.

How about HKS resonated midpipe and HKS Legamax exhaust?. That is a full 90mm system and very very quiet.
I think a 90mm system is sufficient for 6758 EFR turbos.
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

you wont lose any power if you use big cats i have 6758 with 100 cpsi 130mm cats. Now i found 100 cpsi 150mm cats, with 200cpsi u need to go big like 150mm cats. With 100 cpsi and good tune there is no smell. Which country are u from ?

greetings,

Robert

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

i Sent you pm i can give you all information u need for germany.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users