Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Misfires at idle

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,027 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Cicio. Thanks for chiming in. Can you elaborate more?

Once fuel was added and rpm raised 50rpm it helped a ton. No more misfires codes but short-term fuel imbalance between bank1 and bank2 is around 8-10% difference (Bank 1 demanding more fuel)

Turning AC to ON also helps when there are misfires.

How do the stock fuel rails and FPR play into this?

Btw, all WOT runs are perfect across all measurements. Injector duties in the 80s

same question...how do factory rails/FPR affect bank balance?

There are a lot of factors as to why it  happens but it's a pretty consistent thing.  Nothing to worry about, let the fuel trims do their job at idle where the engine isn't using enough of the fuel ... it will literally never hurt anything whatsoever. 

• socalaviator likes this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

wspy

wspy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13
  • LocationJamaica WI

Kinda like "If it ain't broke......"  I guess  :ponder:

• socalaviator likes this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 3 Member

• 372 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

There are a lot of factors as to why it  happens but it's a pretty consistent thing.  Nothing to worry about, let the fuel trims do their job at idle where the engine isn't using enough of the fuel ... it will literally never hurt anything whatsoever.

Thanks Cicio. The main reason I reached out for advice is because it just really annoys me. Lol

Constantly clearing the misfire codes was annoying although easy. And the car sometimes sounded like a "hooptie" at a stop light hahaha

The latest revision my tuner sent me was a HUGE improvement. No codes and very slight misfires now. It just needed a tiny bit more fuel to keep the trims from pegging at 120% on bank 1. Higher rpm helped also.
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users