Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hardwire install question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

valond922

valond922

Stock

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 24-March 17

So I started installing visconti hardwire kit late tonight. Got to the end of the install and have two questions. On step six I for the life of me can't figure out where the secondary pump relay and bracket  is to plug in the trunk harness. 

2aQUEdw.jpg

1dKBuPD.jpg

And two, when plugging in the harness to the fuel hat it says that:

"Connect the secondary harness Grey (5-WAY) connector to the fuel basket. 

Connect the secondary harness Black (5-WAY) connector to the cars Grey (5-WAY) connector.

Connect the secondary harness Brown (2-WAY) connector to the fuel basket.

Factory Grey (2-WAY) Connector does NOT plug into anything"

Now on the kit the secondary harness brown connector has a second 2 way connector on it. Does this connector attach to the factory grey connector and the instructions on visconti's site are for a previous version?

nRhHTsf.jpg

Brett

P.S. I feel like a dumbass asking these questions.  Thanks

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,709 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
The “trunk” harness relay is in the trunk. Passenger side behind the the trim near the taillights.

The brown connector connects to the pump hat at the secondary pump connection. The secondary pump connector on the oem harness is unused.
  • celsius and 7racer like this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

valond922

valond922

Stock

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 24-March 17
So the files are "in" the computer? Lol I'm not sure if I misread that part or the instructions are just unclear on that part.

Lastly, is the black plug attached to the brown plug on the secondary harness for a third pump? (As seen in the third picture. If so, does that mean I could use this kit for a triple pump set up like the fore?

Thanks

Brett

valond922

valond922

Stock

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 24-March 17

Doug, one more question if you will. After the install I began having secondary pump issues. It seems as if my pump isn't coming on.  I'm going to check the relays as the install seems more or less straight foreword otherwise (except the trunk relay...lol). Any other suggestions?

Brett

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,709 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Occasionally the contacts on the oem relay in the trunk will suck. I’d start there.

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

valond922

valond922

Stock

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 24-March 17

Thanks, I'll take a look at that one.

Brett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users