Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Short Range on keyless remote?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
I replaced the battery in the remote. The range is still horribly short. Anything more than 10 feet and the remote/car don't speak to eachother.

Any tips?

Geno88

Geno88

Stock

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 21-June 18

How about the old fashioned way of holding the remote against the bottom of your chin and then pressing the button.

when i use this method, it gives me much farther range.

• Tim likes this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
I used to be able to go damn near a football field without the "chin" technique. Upon further investigation it sounds like people using the Ecutek BT dongle are having remote range issues when the dongle is plugged in.

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,237 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Got beat to the “chin technique”.

Is it everywhere or just at home ? I had a remote for my pool and landscape lights that wigged out and ended up needing a new battery.

When it was weighing out, it made it so car remotes and even garage door wouldn’t open.

Sounds like your blue tooth dongle could be the issue. ?

Edited by droptopp, 14 September 2018 - 08:31 PM.

GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users