Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM Built 2017 Pro1700 Delivered to Colorado Springs!!!

- - - - - tsm ets pro1700 stroker 2017 gt-r

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

I’m a little late on this build thread but I’m literally trying to catch up in order of when the cars were built. I haven’t actually counted but I think I’m 15 cars behind or something crazy. So I took one of my techs out for a beer the other day and was talking about how behind on writing build threads I was. He jokingly says to me “We have to build a car top to bottom front to back and all you have to do is write about it… get to work!” LMAO!!! Dang that will kick you into gear!

This car was sent to us all the way from Colorado Springs for the makings of a Pro1700 build. The customer decided to do this one in a couple stages just to get used to the power and split up the spending a little. We fitted the car with all of the supporting mods that didn’t need to have major work to change later. This is some of the fun of my job. I love “consulting” people down a road of modifications in order to help minimize re-doing things with an end goal in mind. I have said this before but it’s worth repeating; one of the advantages of working with and seeing so many setups is being able to really help guide customers to what will work to make them happy. Way too many people mod their car to 3-4 different levels that don’t work together in attempt to cut costs up front, but end up with overlapping parts that require them to shell out way more money in the long run, and it’s honestly it’s painful to watch!

We fitted the car with our 4.1 stroker rated to 1800hp combined with our Level 2 heads. I won’t bore you guys will all the details of both components, but if anyone has questions feel free to ask. So now we know the engine doesn’t have to come back out when it’s time to turn up the wick, which saves tons of money down the road. Then instead of opting for the trans to hold the power we bumped it up just a few grand and put a Shep stage 4 in the car. When doing that up front you are only talking about a couple grand give or take, but to go back and turn a 1k into a Stage 4 can be up to five times that cost. We knew what the future would hold so we laid the foundation :)

Then the turbo kit! The baddest turbo kit on the market right now in my opinion.. the ETS Pro1700. This kit proves itself time and time again to be one of the most streetable, fastest spooling, most capable kits in its power range you can buy. With some of the things we were going to leave off it wasn’t going to make full potential but once again… we knew what was coming down the road.

So where did we save money you are wondering? Well the supporting mods that do NOT require tons of labor down the road. To be an all out build the car would need a Motec, intake manifold, 12 injectors, a bigger fuel system, and a few other small ticket items. On this car we saved $20k+ (for now) and kept the car on Cobb, 6 injector, stock manifold with a few bits off the fuel system, and other misc parts!

This way when the car comes back (when is that gonna be Bryan?) we don’t have to do ANY major surgery! Just start adding non-double labor parts to make the car perform better and ultimately Go Faster!!!

Soooo…. Remember that time I said that I was way behind in writing this thread? Well here is the little excerpt from the car’s first half mile TWO DAMN MONTHS AGO! Whoops!! Please don’t give me too much crap LOL.

(Rewind two months ago)
“It was pretty cool to have a customer actually from Colorado Springs there with us. Bryan’s fresh 2017 Pro1700 car had just gotten delivered to him. I absolutely love when we can be side by side with the customer for their first event like this. Watching them get more and more comfortable, teaching them the ins and outs, and then ultimately being a part of them meeting or exceeding their goals is more rewarding than I could ever explain. Bryan ran his car over and over through the weekend. I think he told me it was over 20 passes through the two days without even the slightest hiccup. Literally all we did to the car was put fuel in it and check the oil the entire weekend. He was throwing friends, family, and even innocent bystanders in the passenger seat and turning it down to go run 180s. The event rules said no passengers over 180… he didn’t push the limits of that at all… LOL. At the end of the weekend I think half of Colorado had ridden in the car! He had exceeded his goals of running a 206mph pass, backed it up twice, drove the car home both nights, and then daily drove it to work all week”

Bryan%20Yaninek%20E85__zpsbfmzkdlc.jpg

RLB_9867_zpsavksfab9.jpg

RLB_9925_zpsikug2rma.jpg

RLB_1425_zpsegju50pg.jpg

RLB_1516_zps1ytgyh3n.jpg

RLB_1509_zpstwnxru6y.jpg

RLB_1982_zpsrkm0wdgq.jpg

• Tim, celsius, thehelix112 and 4 others like this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.37 & 198

-Fastest Customer @ 7.52@192

-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 225.9 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 219.5 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 218.3 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

earico

earico

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 495 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13
  • LocationSA TX

Love the VTA wastegate dump.

• Tim likes this
fn4rpl.jpg
2012 BE GT-R - T1R 3.8L / PTE-5858s / Drag 1000
Ecutek tuned by Bill @ SIR

Blade30

Blade30

Stage 1 Member

• 182 posts
  • Joined 19-July 14
Any idea what kind of whp your 4.0 Porsche would make with those PRO1700 turbos?

Blade30

Blade30

Stage 1 Member

• 182 posts
  • Joined 19-July 14
.82 turbine housing?

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Any idea what kind of whp your 4.0 Porsche would make with those PRO1700 turbos?

More than the trans would hold that’s for sure
  • Tim, celsius and droptopp like this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.37 & 198

-Fastest Customer @ 7.52@192

-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 225.9 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 219.5 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 218.3 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

celsius

celsius

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Beautiful Beast!. Congratulations to the owner and TSM!🤙🏾

a016d7f66f6c21c1a2cb6c3850ad26e4.jpeg

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,074 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Cool build
  • celsius likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tsm, ets, pro1700, stroker, 2017 gt-r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users