Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Decided to go full stupid!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

Tony1

Tony1

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 954 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

There’s definitely more weight to be shed, but I guess it depends on at what cost.

Always the kicker!

• celsius and Enshiu like this

T1racedevelopment.com

Injectordynamics.com

214-607-9022

celsius

celsius

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Awesome weight right there! Looks killer also!

It’s a track only car or still driving on the street? Anyone doing Lexan Windows?

Edited by celsius, 29 August 2018 - 06:45 PM.

• Enshiu likes this

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.)

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race @ Tx2k19

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,911 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Looks insane. Congrats and should really feel the difference with the weight.

Stupid question : but should stock hood guys pin the hood as well for 180+ use ?
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,848 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

looks awesome!  I love my saris VSDC hood.  The new ones for the 2017 cars looks even more killer.

I did purchase a gurney flap for the hood that I plan to add sometime....if case you are looking for a bit more downforce.

• Enshiu likes this

In7anity!!

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14

Awesome weight right there! Looks killer also!

It’s a track only car or still driving on the street? Anyone doing Lexan Windows?

Definitely track car only haha. I have a truck and trailer.

I have Lexan for rear and quarter panels. Didn't install the sides and left glass on the front because lexan scratches easily.

Looks insane. Congrats and should really feel the difference with the weight.

Stupid question : but should stock hood guys pin the hood as well for 180+ use ?

No real need for hood pins or latches with the stock hood. Have gone around 167 mph before without pins on my stock hood.

looks awesome!  I love my saris VSDC hood.  The new ones for the 2017 cars looks even more killer.

I did purchase a gurney flap for the hood that I plan to add sometime....if case you are looking for a bit more downforce.

Formidable was telling me you have it as well. It really is an amazing piece. I might buy the v2 vents and gurney and have my shop add it on.
  • celsius, Enshiu and 7racer like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,051 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Damn, that’s a light R35! I need to compare notes with you to see where that extra 250-300 lbs came from. Mine is about 3650 without driver.

Cheers on a great build!
  • Enshiu and Yinger like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14

Damn, that’s a light R35! I need to compare notes with you to see where that extra 250-300 lbs came from. Mine is about 3650 without driver.

Cheers on a great build!

My friend was wondering the same thing, but it’s a lot of little things that add up. My shop made sure to look at every little thing possible. If it wasn’t necessary, they’d remove it even if it was only 5 pounds. They even spent a couple days thinning out the wires.
  • 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14
Facebook reminded me that I purchased my gtr 4 years ago to this day. Lol

d468079b2112cea493f922cf5cdcac04.jpg
  • Tim, 7racer and thehelix112 like this

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14

POPULAR

2f1f13a15c1c1437a805f0d0e02a6580.jpg

Loaded and ready for tomorrow!
  • Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 3 others like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,424 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Have fun!
  • Enshiu and droptopp like this

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14
So this weekend definitely had some interesting moments to say the least.

Saturday, I was only able to do 5 laps. On the last lap, I heard a loud shuddering sound at high speeds. I pull into the pits where my track support and shop owner was and they immediately told me that the front splitter was destroyed. Due to the amount of downforce created by the new lip, it pulled the bumper down and separated it from the fender.

My day ended pretty quickly Saturday, but Trinity Autosport towed my car back to shop and worked on making a new lip with brackets for support since we couldn’t find rods or cables in such a short time frame.

ad96d63e598c31b17cd9c6a3188db3b5.jpg

By 11pm, they had fixed all the broken tabs and sandwiched any areas that were held on by screws and plastic with metal plates. Also, they made a new splitter and used aluminum brackets to help secure the front of the lip to the chassis.

00229006bcec28eb6a114bf7663ec463.jpg

We loaded up Sunday morning and headed out to autoclub speedway once again.

This time, I was able to get an entire session in. Dropping 500 to 600 pounds made the car an entirely different animal! I was braking the way too much and the acceleration out of corners was insane. Turns could be taken at much higher speeds and I was still going off muscle memory from my previous time there well over a year ago.

By the second session, I felt a little more comfortable driving again. After fighting through traffic the first few laps, I was able to finally get a clean lap. With the initial two laps being warm ups, I decided to push the car a little bit. Crossing the finish line, I saw 1:43.20 on my lap timer, which is a new personal best for me! I knew the car had plenty more in it as I was still misjudging my braking zones and reducing my minimum speeds too much.

Here is a video of my hotlap.

https://youtu.be/MoBTgjGBs6k

After this lap, I wanted to do another hot lap, but coming around turn 2, I heard a loud noise and I see a shred of something fly off the car through my side mirror. I immediately slow down and pull off to the side and tried to get the corner works attention. My initial thought was that I shredded a tire. They bring in a tow truck, but the guy said my tire looked fine so I drove back to the garages.

Apparently, I got out too quick, accidentally kicked the bottom of my paddle shifters, and ended up slicing my Achilles wide open. When I looked to see what happen, I saw a big hole in my foot with blood pouring out...

c22508f6061264972798014cebe42d89.jpg

Luckily, one of my friends that was running that day is a doctor and drove me to his ER where he personally stitched me up. We were out within 20 min and I spent the rest of the day just hanging out and sitting there.

All in all, I wasn’t too disappointed in this weekend as the car performed amazingly and I was able to set a personal best after a 10 months hiatus.

Can’t wait to get back out there and get it more dialed in...

Edited by Yinger, 05 September 2018 - 12:41 AM.

• droptopp likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,911 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Damn - crazy. Car looks fun !!! 20 mins in and out of ER has to be a hot lap record !!!!

Edited by droptopp, 05 September 2018 - 09:37 AM.

• Yinger likes this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Formidable

Formidable

Stage 4 Member

• 516 posts
  • Joined 24-December 15
Wow! Those paddles are lethal! What type do you have?
  • Yinger likes this
2014 Premium | WGP Built Motor 1124 AWHP | Shep 1K | Racing Brake | AMS | Unobtainium | Advan GT | Overtake | Varis | DCTMS | BRIDE | https://instagram.com/formidable_gtr

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14

Damn - crazy. Car looks fun !!! 20 mins in and out of ER has to be a hot lap record !!!!

Haha, good to know people in high places! Would’ve otherwise been at least a 3 hour wait.

Wow! Those paddles are lethal! What type do you have?

They’re autotechnik shifters... ironic thing is, they reposted one of my Instagram pictures that night about their shifters lol
  • Formidable likes this

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14
This was Saturday 1st session. You can see the bumper and lip separating from each other. 5 laps in and my entire day was done...

bd1e33614a663a02536334c21fdc97f0.jpg

Day 2 was much better, until the incident...

05ece2cdf20358c7d0da2cf50672bb2a.jpg
  • 7racer, thehelix112 and droptopp like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,848 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

glad you're ok...but what a freaky accident!

I'm also worried about that for my new front lip...more downforce there than you think

In7anity!!

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14

glad you're ok...but what a freaky accident!

I'm also worried about that for my new front lip...more downforce there than you think

Thanks! Walking normally now haha

There’s a lot of downforce pushing on that front lip and bumper. I would definitely reinforce it with some chassis mounted rods or cable. If you zoom in on my pic, you can see the bumper separating from the fender...
  • 7racer and thehelix112 like this

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14
Not sure if anyone would be interested, but I’m going to be putting my aeromotions Wing up for sale soon.

It’s 71 inch span wing as opposed to their standard 65. Also comes with 12 inch uprights which extends the wing to the roofline for cleaner air. Because of the taller uprights, I had to upgrade the cables on the R unit as well.

Will also include the in cabin remote so you can make adjustments on the fly without having to access the R unit through the trunk.

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,655 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Never seen the in cabin controls - any pics? What are you going to instead?

Yinger

Yinger

Stage 2 Member

• 212 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14

Never seen the in cabin controls - any pics? What are you going to instead?

Here’s the link.

https://aeromotions....g-wired-remote/

I’m going to go with a gt-1000 from APR and have it chassis mounted (hopefully nismo gt3 style)
  • thehelix112 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users